Share Play - More Info, Trophies Done Right!

BlindMango

I have trophies that my sons have earned on my account, does that make me a cheater? I've randomly popped trophies when playing at friends houses, and had friends randomly pop trophies on my account when they have played at my house. Is that cheating?

Shareplay opens a big grey area about whether you ask someone to play purely to earn a trophy, or whether you're just playing and a trophy pops.

Im pretty sure any trophies your friends or family got by mistake. You could have gotten them easliy if you wanted too. But using Playshare only so you can get thoses hard/rare trophies you cant earn is kinda cheating. If you cant earn them yourself then they shouldnt be added to your trophy collection. If playshare is meant for trying a game out then no trophies should be earn for both parties. Or make it like timed demos were theres a bubble on the trophy so it cant be sync till you earn it yourself.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think that this is more of a social feature than a demo function. As in get more people talking with each other on Playshare and the PSN so that more people will be talking about your products and hyping new releases for them. I've never asked my IRL couch friends to pop a trophy for me and I don't see myself soliciting help online to "play" my game for me. As the host is the person that bought the game I think as in the host in real life is playing on their machine, in their house and just passing a controller logged into their account they should get the trophy. Virtual couch rules = real couch rules. 

• Like 1