Share Play - More Info, Trophies Done Right!

BlindMango

f90.jpg

I have no reaction for the actual share play, being able to play with a buddy that doesn't have the game, absolutely well done!

And you can let someone else play on your account/savefile if you're stuck (like thay said in the video) I'm really impressed with this. Imagine asking your friend to help you pass Super Mario Bros back in the day :P

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

Sounds really cool! When is it going to be implemented (or has it already? Don't have a PS4 yet.)

It releases on Tuesday, the 28th - one of the features of the PS4 firmware 2.0 update

Wait so say I go round a friends house and play local coop with him, I won't earn trophies? 

Or do you just not gain trophies/trophy list in that 60 second session? 

You aren't going to a friends house with Play Share's "hand over the second player controller" feature - it is "virtual", as in they can play couch co-op modes with you over the internet instead of having to go to their house, something that was really never before possible. I'm unsure if you will get trophies by specifically doing the "couch co-op" share play actually, I would probably think the answer to that is no, but I could be wrong!

Edited by BlindMango

Maybe that Resogun Local co-op trophy can finally be obtained without me having to be at my friends house, which is something I can't do too often due to clashing work schedules. This Share Play just got a whole lot more awesome.... provided it can be done in less than an hour that is... Does anyone know what kind of "cool-down period" it'll have before the same friend can Share again?

• Like 2

Everything sounds really good except for the 60 second rule, seems weird they put a timer on that for some reason.

Edit: Watching the video it seems the counter is 60 minutes, I'm confused as to which one it is.

Edited by spazza136

Everything sounds really good except for the 60 second rule, seems weird they put a timer on that for some reason.

Edit: Watching the video it seems the counter is 60 minutes, I'm confused as to which one it is.

lol crap, I meant to type 60 minutes but kept typing 60 seconds instead! :P It's definitely 60 minutes, haha

• Like 1

Shouldn't the trophy system for joint share play work the same as local play where both PSN's earn trophies?

I hope they implement the ability to toggle the use of being able to collect trophies as the secondary player.

I don't know... Since this acts as almost exactly "couch co-op", I don't think that it will work that way, especially since you can't get trophies if you help your friend with his or her game in actual couch co-op.

What I'm getting from the video is that this feature literally connects a PSN "guest" player into the second controller port of the hosts PlayStation system, tricking the game into thinking that you are a second physical player sitting right there when you are not actually there with a second controller on the couch... Though I could be wrong with that assumption too as they don't go too far into technical specifics :P

Edited by BlindMango

I guess we'll just have to wait and see to be sure of all the specifics.

I looked back at the video, take a look at 1:12 in the video - what it says on the screen is important, and also exactly what he is saying in the video around that time is also important. "Connecting to the hosts PS4" and "The Share Play visitor cannot earn trophies"

So I guess that confirms that the guest cannot get trophies, only the host (which ultimately makes sense at a basic sense of what it's doing), and it seems that it actually does connect to the host PS4 and acts as a second player controller, meaning that (hopefully) games won't need to update themselves for something like this, lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

For the Hand over the second player controller Does it only work for local online or can i use it for Online  Co-op??

It's meant for local co-op instances that until this point could not possibly be played via online multiplayer. An example is like playing as the spark thing to assist the main character in Child of Light.

I'm not too sure if it will function in active online multiplayer split-screen modes though which would be considered couch co-op, that's pretty much inception at that point, haha. We shall see specifically how it works when it releases though ;)