Your vita games so far ... impressions?

Maitre

After a week, here is what i think of my experiments with the monster ...

Game - Army corps from hell :

Got it yesterday, its like playing pikmin but ... WITH GORE lol. The heavy metal rocks and the Comic feel of the story parts got me sold after 2 hours of game.

Welcome Park App :

Good initiative ... the mini games helped me get a hold of the possibilities the console had to offer. With on the line, some minigames like the numbers and photo puzzles can be almost hardcore, and some others are funky like the beatbox, and smile cube. Took me a couple of hours to get those trophies and sharpen my skills.

Camera :

not so sharp, didnt get to try the ar games yet but if it does the job done, it will be all that matters.

Near :

So far it doesn't do a thing, i dunno if you need 3G to use it, or maybe you need to walk with it while its opened up, or maybe i screwede up on the configs.

Party :

Sent a message to a friend and it work and thats all i wanted it to do so cool.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss:

I've really enjoyed my time with it so far. The dialogue isn't as good as the Naughty Dog (some of the humor feels forced and I never felt that way with the console titles) and the animations are fantastic. I really like the slow motion effect that takes place when you take a big jump, makes it feel very cinematic. The game controls very well and other than a few parts that require you to use the touchscreen I haven't had any problems. Highly reccommended.

ModNation Racers: Roadtrip:

This is a fantastic Kart racing game. The load times can be a little on the longer side (close to 30 seconds some times, not a big deal at all to me) but the action is great, the Kart controls great and all the creative aspects of the console are here in full force on the Vita version. This easily beats Mario Kart 7 in fun factor and it looks like the career mode will take some time to beat 100%. If you're a fan of arcade Kart racing pick this little gem up.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational:

I'm not a golf fan at all in real life but I love this game. The controls are very good, the graphics are great and there is a nice selection of courses and characters. Touchscreen controls never feel intrusive to the experience and while the game may seem boring it is extremely addicting. I would try a demo before picking it up because it's a type of game a lot of people probably won't like, but if you like the genre or series you'll love this title as well.

Rayman Origins:

This game is absolutely georgeous. The art style is phenomenal, it controls perfectly and it sounds great too. There is a lot of great humor in the game and if you're a fan of old school platforming you need to do yourself a favor and pick up this fantastic game. I think this game is better suited to the Vita than consoles and from what I can tell everything from the condole version is in this one as well.

Escape Plan:

Very funny, goofy and addicting downloadable game. It weighs in a 8xxmb (almost 1gb) so those with 4gb cards may want to consider that, but other than that little con the game is great. The touchscreen (and backpad) controls are fantastic, it is very rare that the game doesn't recognize one of my gestures and the puzzles you solve are very clever. The game is made from people that worked on Fat Princess so you know there will be tons of cartoony violence and humor which is a great thing. If you're looking for a funny, goofy and smart puzzle game this is a great one.

So far the Vita has far exeeded my expectations. I've owned just about every system that's been released and the Vita is very high on my list as one of the best. The build quality is fantastic, the screen is amazing, the multi-touch gestures are nice and it has a very nice weight and feel in my hands. Sony chewed up and spit out the 3DS with this system and has showed the world they are king of the handheld now. Hopefully people will stop being cheap and realize the PlayStation Vita is a far better bargain for your money than the 3DS.

Parker

They're all rubbish, Uncharted is good but 50,000 treasures is over-kill, and no multiplayer on rayman killed it, and the rest are boring as fuck.

50,000 was an exaggeration btw, but theres still possibly hundreds of them.

[/joke] Seriously, you think fucking is boring o_O?!? [/joke]

On with the subject ... Could you elaborate as the what was bad with each game so fellow gamers would be better informed? i was thinking of getting of getting Rayman but if its not good i might change my mind ...

I'm enjoying Lumines quite a bit. It's quite addictive. Looks great and has a great soundtrack. Perhaps overpriced at $40 USD but since I got it as part of Amazon's B2G1 deal it was effectively more reasonably priced for me.

i liked lumines on psp as well but the price stopped me ... its the kind of games casual players like though easy for a 5 minute pickup and play session.

Maybe ill get it later when the price drops for my soul mate :wub:

[/joke] Seriously, you think fucking is boring o_O?!? [/joke]

On with the subject ... Could you elaborate as the what was bad with each game so fellow gamers would be better informed? i was thinking of getting of getting Rayman but if its not good i might change my mind ...

Rayman had 'All' the multiplayer features revoked for the Vita version.

ALL!

Rayman had 'All' the multiplayer features revoked for the Vita version.

ALL!

Well i hardly see what the problem is o_O The previous rayman titles (if memory serves me correctly) didnt have any multiplayer as well and where still quite good.

Care to educate me as to what is so good or originally about multiplayer with rayman on the other platforms (ps3 or any other) ???

Personnally i didn't plan on playing anything multiplayer on my vita but if it's really game changing i might consider on the ps3 instead ...

And what about the other games your holding??

Well i hardly see what the problem is o_O The previous rayman titles (if memory serves me correctly) didnt have any multiplayer as well and where still quite good.

Care to educate me as to what is so good or originally about multiplayer with rayman on the other platforms (ps3 or any other) ???

Personnally i didn't plan on playing anything multiplayer on my vita but if it's really game changing i might consider on the ps3 instead ...

And what about the other games your holding??

That's the thing, this isn't an old rayman game, this is new, and the game was built with multiplayer being one of the main features. It's still worth the purchase though, I'm just disappointed I can't play threw it all with a friend (which makes everything more fun!)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus:

If you haven't played this game yet, do it now. This is one of the best action games ever created and the Vita version is amazing. The graphics are very good, the gameplay is as tight and neat as ever and it brings back great memories, for me at least. This is a remake of a remake of a remake (Ninja Gaiden came out for X-Box, then Ninja Gaiden Black for X-Box, then came Ninja Gaiden SIgma for PS3 and now this one) so they've had a lot of time to add new features and make sure the game is glitch free. The camera can be a bit annoying at times but nothing that is rage inducing and the touchscreen controls aren't invasive by any means and don't have to be used. The rear touch pad to increase the power of Ninpo is a nice touch that doesn't feel too gimicky, not moreso than shaking the DS3 on the PS3 version at least. Bottom line, I've played this game 4 times already and it's still just as good as the 1st time I played it. If you're a fan of the genre go out and get what is possibly the best version of this fantastic game.

Plants Vs. Zombies:

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this game? It's easily one of the most addicting games this generation and I find myself humming it's tunes when I'm out and about on the farm. The game looks beautiful on the Vita and controls even better. The touchscreen controls are super responsive and make the experience a much better one than the PS3 and PC version, and this is coming from someone who generally despises touchscreens (I still have my trusty flip phone thank you. B) ) The game never misses a beat on the Vita (which can't be said for the DS version, unfortunately) and with a 174mb download it won't be hefty on your memory vard either. Definitely consider this game if you're a fan of the tower defense genre, even if you've already bought the PS3 version.

Parker