Thoughts on trophies?

"Looks" good. The survive 50 waves reminds me of gears or war horde mode. Completing the survival seems to be the most stress worthy thing. I prefer this over the horrid extinction matches where one person could ruin the whole thing ( I'm looking at you 75% accuracy objective).

• Like 1

i only skimmed the trophies because i was kinda afraid of any potential spoilers for campaign. But i like the straight forward nature of the exo survival trophies and the ones for killing enemies a certain way. I didn't like Black Ops 2 trophies because they were too hard for me, lol.

• Like 1

It's like they're giving the middle finger to the small group of trophy hunters who don't/can't play multiplayer. -_-

I mean, it is Call of Duty... Leaving out MP is like going to dinner with your wife and ignoring her the entire time.

I thought BO2 was one of the best trophy lists ever in terms of capturing every aspect of a game (although those challenges can go away and never return).

I mean, it is Call of Duty... Leaving out MP is like going to dinner with your wife and ignoring her the entire time.

I thought BO2 was one of the best trophy lists ever in terms of capturing every aspect of a game

I 100% agree, and I have faith in Treyarch bringing a good trophy list like with BO2, unlike with Advanced Warfare. Although I am so glad Advanced Warfare is a good game! I'm loving the multiplayer, haven't done much of the SP yet but I've heard positive things!

(although those challenges can go away and never return).

I think they should stay, but don't make them as frustrating.

• Like 1

I think they should stay, but don't make them as frustrating.

Well, yeah, it wasn't the fact that there were challenges that was frustrating, it was the way they worked. Not being able to skip cutscenes and having to replay entire levels just to get back to the one point where you can do a challenge (and fail again)... it got really old. Especially the one with the spider robot, where you had to go through that entire slow walk and elevator ride part EVERY TIME.

Edited by ONUOsFan

Well, yeah, it wasn't the fact that there were challenges that was frustrating, it was the way they worked. Not being able to skip cutscenes and having to replay entire levels just to get back to the one point where you can do a challenge (and fail again)... it got really old. Especially the one with the spider robot, where you had to go through that entire slow walk and elevator ride part EVERY TIME.

Yeah that's what I mean :) 

I was disappointed to see an online trophy, but not surprised...

yeah i hate online trophies in games, though i suppose if there was any game franchise that could get away with that, it would be CoD. What i don't get is online trophies added into games with much smaller online fanbases like the WWE or Naruto Ultimate Ninja games. Those are annoying since i don't wanna play online in those games and just want to earn all the trophies in the single player components. :(

• Like 1

People shouldn't be surprised that Advanced Warfare has multiplayer trophies. It's Call of Duty, and the majority of people who play this series, play multplayer... A lot. I wouldn't be shocked if the series took a "Multiplayer only" turn down the line.

In china they have Call of Duty Online, which is a free to play game. They may be testing the waters to see if that will work over here. I personally hate free to play models, so i'm hoping it stays there. I have no doubt that a free to play version would end up costing people more than a mere $60 in the long run just to fully enjoy it.

Besides, i need a story mode. It gives me context for the multiplayer, otherwise it will just be like titanfall where you have no attachment to anything going on and get bored quickly.

"Looks" good. The survive 50 waves reminds me of gears or war horde mode. Completing the survival seems to be the most stress worthy thing. I prefer this over the horrid extinction matches where one person could ruin the whole thing ( I'm looking at you 75% accuracy objective).

Isn't it just playing 50 games of survival?