Ask anything about getting the Platinum trophy and I shall answer

aleckkeramp

Hey @aleckkeramp are you still up for answring questions?

i am trying to do the challanges in Challange world, but I can't seem to win the "Might challange" it requires you to peon 6 enemies, but there are only 4 present. I assume I have to break the boxes in the sky, but if I do that, the enemy dies... Do you know a way a high level character can blast off a low level enemy without killing them?

@aleckkeramp or anyone:

The trophy for maximum Blast Off power, how do you do that? I push square18x18.png and it only goes halfway (400)?

How long will it take to get to level 9999? I saw 50% EXP Bonus in the Mugen shop, I imagine that'll help.

I am having trouble with the first challenge - 7 hit blast off combo. I square I am getting 11-12 hits.

8 hours ago, DrHambone said:

@aleckkeramp or anyone:

The trophy for maximum Blast Off power, how do you do that? I push square18x18.png and it only goes halfway (400)?

How long will it take to get to level 9999? I saw 50% EXP Bonus in the Mugen shop, I imagine that'll help.

I am having trouble with the first challenge - 7 hit blast off combo. I square I am getting 11-12 hits.

Maximum Blast Off Power:  You want to use other skills (not normal Attacks) on enemies without using Blast Off to accumulate power for Blast Off.  Once you've gotten that gauge to maximum (999) or close to it, that's when you want to hit an enemy with Blast Off and turn the gauge all the way up.  Skill use will increase the gauge, so long as you aren't burning Blast Off at the same time.

Level 9999:  It's pretty easy in the postgame if you simply run the Mugen Field with high bets and kill/Peon everything to raise the multipliers to obscene levels.

Someone else will have to answer the 7-hit blast off combo, because I simply don't recall that one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, acasser said:

Maximum Blast Off Power:  You want to use other skills (not normal Attacks) on enemies without using Blast Off to accumulate power for Blast Off.  Once you've gotten that gauge to maximum (999) or close to it, that's when you want to hit an enemy with Blast Off and turn the gauge all the way up.  Skill use will increase the gauge, so long as you aren't burning Blast Off at the same time.

Level 9999:  It's pretty easy in the postgame if you simply run the Mugen Field with high bets and kill/Peon everything to raise the multipliers to obscene levels.

Someone else will have to answer the 7-hit blast off combo, because I simply don't recall that one.

Thanks!

Yeah I ended up getting free and some paid DLC - helped out ALOT! Highest level is 450~ and the cap so far is 1500 for her. Leveling up in Mugen Field is quick but also the later dungeons.

999,999,999 Mugen Points and G trophies, that seems like a lot but is it really? Or is it quick to gain/boost?

So in general, I should use my MP to raise the level cap of one character and use G to upgrade their weapons and armor as much as possible?

2 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Thanks!

Yeah I ended up getting free and some paid DLC - helped out ALOT! Highest level is 450~ and the cap so far is 1500 for her. Leveling up in Mugen Field is quick but also the later dungeons.

999,999,999 Mugen Points and G trophies, that seems like a lot but is it really? Or is it quick to gain/boost?

So in general, I should use my MP to raise the level cap of one character and use G to upgrade their weapons and armor as much as possible?

The DLC isn't nearly as wonderful as you'd think it is.  The DLC equipment can help you get through the main game, but it's not better than the high-end stuff you'll eventually be able to create with components from the upper-tier Mugen Field.

The later dungeons will quickly lose their usefulness for powering up your characters.  You're simply going to need to use the Mugen Field after a while, not just for Levels/Gold/Mugen Points but also for components to do other stuff and Shampuru for necessary Charm Levels and the Ultimate Soul.  It's not as nauseatingly exhaustive as the Shampuru grind from the original Mugen Souls, but that still needs to be a primary focus.  A lot of the other stuff that you have to do comes along somewhat naturally with the Shampuru grind.

1 billion Mugen Points and 1 billion gold also isn't quite as intimidating as it seems.  As with grinding to Level 9999, it's something you do in high-bet Mugen Fields by killing/Charming everything and accumulating massive post-battle bonuses by obliterating every floor from 1 to 100.  When you get those multipliers up really high, those rewards come rolling in, frequently when you win G-Castle battles.  It's all part of the same massive grind.

Use G Ups to upgrade your equipment.  When you reach the top of the equipment scale and your "final" pieces of equipment, that's when you should make a point of upgrading equipment from "fresh out of the box" to "maxxed out" all at once -- upgrading items a few steps at a time piecemeal will result in substantially lower stats with the top-of-the-line stuff.  Spend your Mugen Points as you have the opportunity, although I'd suggest not upgrading combat skills of any sort beyond your ability to use them repeatedly with costs in mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acasser said:

The DLC isn't nearly as wonderful as you'd think it is.  The DLC equipment can help you get through the main game, but it's not better than the high-end stuff you'll eventually be able to create with components from the upper-tier Mugen Field.

The later dungeons will quickly lose their usefulness for powering up your characters.  You're simply going to need to use the Mugen Field after a while, not just for Levels/Gold/Mugen Points but also for components to do other stuff and Shampuru for necessary Charm Levels and the Ultimate Soul.  It's not as nauseatingly exhaustive as the Shampuru grind from the original Mugen Souls, but that still needs to be a primary focus.  A lot of the other stuff that you have to do comes along somewhat naturally with the Shampuru grind.

1 billion Mugen Points and 1 billion gold also isn't quite as intimidating as it seems.  As with grinding to Level 9999, it's something you do in high-bet Mugen Fields by killing/Charming everything and accumulating massive post-battle bonuses by obliterating every floor from 1 to 100.  When you get those multipliers up really high, those rewards come rolling in, frequently when you win G-Castle battles.  It's all part of the same massive grind.

Use G Ups to upgrade your equipment.  When you reach the top of the equipment scale and your "final" pieces of equipment, that's when you should make a point of upgrading equipment from "fresh out of the box" to "maxxed out" all at once -- upgrading items a few steps at a time piecemeal will result in substantially lower stats with the top-of-the-line stuff.  Spend your Mugen Points as you have the opportunity, although I'd suggest not upgrading combat skills of any sort beyond your ability to use them repeatedly with costs in mind.

So spend the max amount on the bet each time? I kinda don't understand the bet, you spend that much to get higher rewards? Is it like a bet in terms of you get it back for winning 100 floors or?

Upgrade my equipment with G Ups, you mean changing the class? (which I don't know fully what that does) or do you mean upgrading with G to increase the stats?

In terms of MP, so do I want to spam them on one character or evenly disperse them in terms of the level cap? Three people are 500 and one is 1070 with a cap of 3000. Should I spend to raise the max on the strongest person or raise it for everyone?

Everyone right now is equipped with the DLC pack 14 and 15: the Seven weapons and the armor one.

For the True End - I made it to floor 60 and saw 5 events - is there more I need to see before pursing Ivory World?

Lastly, I am having trouble with floors 90-100 even when wagering only 100 MP. I managed to get to 91 and skipped to 100 but was slaughtered in seconds. Am I missing something? It seems like the stronger I get, so do the enemies.

Sorry for all the questions - I appreciate your words of wisdom and guidance! I am really enjoying this game, probably because it reminds me so much of Neptunia. Not sure if I'll get the platinum but I will try and get as many trophies as I possibly can.

8 hours ago, DrHambone said:

So spend the max amount on the bet each time? I kinda don't understand the bet, you spend that much to get higher rewards? Is it like a bet in terms of you get it back for winning 100 floors or?

Upgrade my equipment with G Ups, you mean changing the class? (which I don't know fully what that does) or do you mean upgrading with G to increase the stats?

In terms of MP, so do I want to spam them on one character or evenly disperse them in terms of the level cap? Three people are 500 and one is 1070 with a cap of 3000. Should I spend to raise the max on the strongest person or raise it for everyone?

Everyone right now is equipped with the DLC pack 14 and 15: the Seven weapons and the armor one.

For the True End - I made it to floor 60 and saw 5 events - is there more I need to see before pursing Ivory World?

Lastly, I am having trouble with floors 90-100 even when wagering only 100 MP. I managed to get to 91 and skipped to 100 but was slaughtered in seconds. Am I missing something? It seems like the stronger I get, so do the enemies.

Sorry for all the questions - I appreciate your words of wisdom and guidance! I am really enjoying this game, probably because it reminds me so much of Neptunia. Not sure if I'll get the platinum but I will try and get as many trophies as I possibly can.

Mugen Field bets are split into ranged "tiers", where spending differing amounts will give you different sets of enemies.  That, and a lot of other useful information can be found on the Wiki, which is the source I'd be using to answer a lot of nuts-and-bolts questions.  The difficulty G-Castle battles definitely scale with the bet amount, enemies tend to scale with the level and level cap of your most powerful character.  You don't want to be attacking a tier of the Mugen Field where G-Castle battles will destroy you, but otherwise it's a personal decision.  I preferred to attack Mugen Fields (bet/path) based on which Shampuru I needed to grind or which component items I was looking for, because I felt it a waste of time to simply use it as a Gold/Mugen Point/XP farm.

Levels deeper in the Mugen Field are always going to be a problem relative to the earlier levels.  You simply have to get stronger to take them on, regardless of the bet.  That being said, the higher the bet, the stronger the monsters, at least in the most generalistic sense.

"G Up"s are the currency used at the Item shop to make equipment more powerful, allowing you to increase the equipment's own level cap and enabling access to more powerful Matters.  The former is important because it raises the raw stats of a piece of equipment, the latter is important because you can get some very useful abilities out of Matter -- e.g., regeneration, increased mobility, et cetera.

You probably want to disperse MP for the purposes of level caps pretty evenly among your active party.  And if you keep Peons in reserve for Fusion purposes, whether for conditional skills or skill inheritance or because you know how to play around with it to boost your main party's statistical affinities, you'll need to spend MP on their level caps as well (because the last of those works far better if you use Fusion at high levels, not low).

For the True Ending, there are a whole slew of requirements in the Mugen Field, differing scenes that have to be viewed in different places at various times.  And a bunch of them have small windows of time when they're available.  It's Compile Heart at its finest, and you just might have to run through the game a second time to get it if you haven't looked up those requirements before now.  This thread over at GameFAQs covers what you need to know.  On the bright side, a second trip through the game isn't very time-consuming.... and having to do so and Charm the Planet spots again is a very helpful towards getting certain Charm levels up because its an easier way to farm "special"-type Shampuru (required for Ditz/Terse).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, acasser said:

Mugen Field bets are split into ranged "tiers", where spending differing amounts will give you different sets of enemies.  That, and a lot of other useful information can be found on the Wiki, which is the source I'd be using to answer a lot of nuts-and-bolts questions.  The difficulty G-Castle battles definitely scale with the bet amount, enemies tend to scale with the level and level cap of your most powerful character.  You don't want to be attacking a tier of the Mugen Field where G-Castle battles will destroy you, but otherwise it's a personal decision.  I preferred to attack Mugen Fields (bet/path) based on which Shampuru I needed to grind or which component items I was looking for, because I felt it a waste of time to simply use it as a Gold/Mugen Point/XP farm.

Levels deeper in the Mugen Field are always going to be a problem relative to the earlier levels.  You simply have to get stronger to take them on, regardless of the bet.  That being said, the higher the bet, the stronger the monsters, at least in the most generalistic sense.

"G Up"s are the currency used at the Item shop to make equipment more powerful, allowing you to increase the equipment's own level cap and enabling access to more powerful Matters.  The former is important because it raises the raw stats of a piece of equipment, the latter is important because you can get some very useful abilities out of Matter -- e.g., regeneration, increased mobility, et cetera.

You probably want to disperse MP for the purposes of level caps pretty evenly among your active party.  And if you keep Peons in reserve for Fusion purposes, whether for conditional skills or skill inheritance or because you know how to play around with it to boost your main party's statistical affinities, you'll need to spend MP on their level caps as well (because the last of those works far better if you use Fusion at high levels, not low).

For the True Ending, there are a whole slew of requirements in the Mugen Field, differing scenes that have to be viewed in different places at various times.  And a bunch of them have small windows of time when they're available.  It's Compile Heart at its finest, and you just might have to run through the game a second time to get it if you haven't looked up those requirements before now.  This thread over at GameFAQs covers what you need to know.  On the bright side, a second trip through the game isn't very time-consuming.... and having to do so and Charm the Planet spots again is a very helpful towards getting certain Charm levels up because its an easier way to farm "special"-type Shampuru (required for Ditz/Terse).

Perfect, this helps alot!

Can you only purchase certain things at certain levels of Mugen Field? It seems like once I upped a level cap I had to reach the next rest stop.

EDIT: I got to the true end.

I have all planets 300% except for the last two. I did the last one and right when I got to 100% I died instantly with Tiona (I think?). Glad I had saved right before going to the planet. Sooooo when should I try that fight again? lol

I used the weapon/armor wiki for materials for the Planet Spots. Only thing I need is a component dropped by Piyoppi in Mugen Field, needed for the 2nd to last area. Also, I will up my other 3 players to 1000 level cap. As for upgrading the stats of my weapons and armor - that gets expensive real quick! But all the farming/grinding will help and so-forth.

Lastly, what is an ideal level/time to go for the fights next to the Challenge/Mugen field??

Edited by DrHambone

4 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Perfect, this helps alot!

Can you only purchase certain things at certain levels of Mugen Field? It seems like once I upped a level cap I had to reach the next rest stop.

EDIT: I got to the true end.

I have all planets 300% except for the last two. I did the last one and right when I got to 100% I died instantly with Tiona (I think?). Glad I had saved right before going to the planet. Sooooo when should I try that fight again? lol

I used the weapon/armor wiki for materials for the Planet Spots. Only thing I need is a component dropped by Piyoppi in Mugen Field, needed for the 2nd to last area. Also, I will up my other 3 players to 1000 level cap. As for upgrading the stats of my weapons and armor - that gets expensive real quick! But all the farming/grinding will help and so-forth.

Lastly, what is an ideal level/time to go for the fights next to the Challenge/Mugen field??

Yeah, the Mugen Field is wonky that way.  You can only purchase certain things at certain Rest Stops.  Fortunately, the Rest Stops will always show up in the same places and you don't have to worry about the necessary NPCs not appearing to buy those things.

That postgame 100% planet spot fight?  Yeah, it's one of those "out of the blue" things.  Don't bother with that fight until you're significantly more powerful, because it's not going anywhere.  Use the Mugen Field to grind your way up at this stage and come back to it once you're more comfortable.

Don't go overboard upgrading your equipment until you get to the top-of-the-line stuff, or at least to equipment that you're going to keep for a good, long while.  It's simply not worth it.

Save before you start playing with the Challenges and simply see what you can tackle and what is too much for you.  (As those are at G-Castle, it's a Game Over if you lose.)  A lot of the early ones don't actually require you to defeat anything, so they don't oblige you to accumulate as much power as you'd think.

If you're going to go after the postgame grind in the Mugen Field, it's frequently much easier to Charm the Big Crystal in a fight instead of beating the enemies (or Charming them one-by-one).  That'll oblige you to farm large numbers of Shampuru to get your Charm levels up, but you'd have to do that for a couple of other trophies, anyhow.  And it might be helpful to double up on the Charm by using both Syrma and Chou-Chou if you're going to grind post-True Ending.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acasser said:

Yeah, the Mugen Field is wonky that way.  You can only purchase certain things at certain Rest Stops.  Fortunately, the Rest Stops will always show up in the same places and you don't have to worry about the necessary NPCs not appearing to buy those things.

That postgame 100% planet spot fight?  Yeah, it's one of those "out of the blue" things.  Don't bother with that fight until you're significantly more powerful, because it's not going anywhere.  Use the Mugen Field to grind your way up at this stage and come back to it once you're more comfortable.

Don't go overboard upgrading your equipment until you get to the top-of-the-line stuff, or at least to equipment that you're going to keep for a good, long while.  It's simply not worth it.

Save before you start playing with the Challenges and simply see what you can tackle and what is too much for you.  (As those are at G-Castle, it's a Game Over if you lose.)  A lot of the early ones don't actually require you to defeat anything, so they don't oblige you to accumulate as much power as you'd think.

If you're going to go after the postgame grind in the Mugen Field, it's frequently much easier to Charm the Big Crystal in a fight instead of beating the enemies (or Charming them one-by-one).  That'll oblige you to farm large numbers of Shampuru to get your Charm levels up, but you'd have to do that for a couple of other trophies, anyhow.  And it might be helpful to double up on the Charm by using both Syrma and Chou-Chou if you're going to grind post-True Ending.

I use Syrma but Chou-Chou? She's capped at 200 - would it even be worth it to try and throw her in the mix now with my other people at 700?

I tried the first challenge. I think it'll be somewhat doable when my main is about 3k and the others are at 1k.

I mainly have been upgrading Syrma's weapon (Seven Sword) and her first armor (strongest one from DLC pack 15) and she has three armor slots. Everyone else has 2 armor slots.

I assume there is a rest stop at 100? I am having trouble with that fight still, I will try again much later. I am wanting to raise the level caps at the final rest stop - hopefully I can be OP if my main is level 3k.

So when you wager MP for the Mugen Field, do you get that wager back when you finish all 100 levels? I understand the more points means stronger enemies but I think that is only helping with EXP. The last two dungeons have fights that's each range 5k-11k MP granted I get crap EXP from them.

The big crystal, the big blue/clear one? And by charm, you mean the Heart Captive? It seems like I can only do the bottom one when captivating. Not sure how to do the heart captivate.

To Wrap This All Up: Now I am just grinding out levels in Mugen Field? Getting max levels for everyone? Then I can tackle the challenges and the 100% boss (so that I can get 300% on all worlds)?

Edited by DrHambone

I use Syrma but Chou-Chou? She's capped at 200 - would it even be worth it to try and throw her in the mix now with my other people at 700?

I tried the first challenge. I think it'll be somewhat doable when my main is about 3k and the others are at 1k.

I mainly have been upgrading Syrma's weapon (Seven Sword) and her first armor (strongest one from DLC pack 15) and she has three armor slots. Everyone else has 2 armor slots.

I assume there is a rest stop at 100? I am having trouble with that fight still, I will try again much later. I am wanting to raise the level caps at the final rest stop - hopefully I can be OP if my main is level 3k.

So when you wager MP for the Mugen Field, do you get that wager back when you finish all 100 levels? I understand the more points means stronger enemies but I think that is only helping with EXP. The last two dungeons have fights that's each range 5k-11k MP granted I get crap EXP from them.

The big crystal, the big blue/clear one? And by charm, you mean the Heart Captive? It seems like I can only do the bottom one when captivating. Not sure how to do the heart captivate.

To Wrap This All Up: Now I am just grinding out levels in Mugen Field? Getting max levels for everyone? Then I can tackle the challenges and the 100% boss (so that I can get 300% on all worlds)?

If you're going to go for the platinum trophy, having two characters who can Charm should speed up the process.  It's doable with one -- I did it that way -- but a lot of the postgame grind is going to be repeatedly Charming enemies and/or the Big Crystal to accumulate Shampuru faster (or Item Charming as to guarantee specific drops from enemies).  That she's currently lagging behind your other characters should be of little issue, because it's pretty easy to repeatedly grind to Level 9999 once you get into the higher bet Mugen Fields.  And that's something you'll do a lot if you're going to take advantage of the Peon Fusion system to strengthen your main characters.

The challenges do grow in strength at a pretty steady basis.  I'd suggest trying them, and simply putting them aside and grinding for a while (stats/levels/equipment) when they're beyond you and coming back to them later.

Yes, there's a Rest Stop after the 100th floor, and that's where the final batch of upgrades can be purchased.

No, you don't get your wager back after you're done with the Mugen Field, regardless of success or failure.  That being said, it's not hard to recoup whatever it is you have bet if you work your way to high multipliers within the Mugen Field and beat the living daylights out of stuff and/or win some G-Castle battles.  Once you're really immersed in the postgame grind, you'll find it takes an effort to run low on most resources because it's simply so easy to accumulate them.  Right now, it might be easier to grind your MP from the final dungeon; once you're looking into grinding much larger amounts of MP, that will no longer suffice.

To an extent, a higher wager means stronger enemies.  And the enemies you see change depending on the path you choose.  But you'll also find that enemies will repeat roughly every other tier, only they show up sooner -- a Tier "A" enemy that shows up on the 65th floor might show up in Tier "C" on the 45th or 55th floor -- and new enemies fill in on the higher floors.

Yes, the big crystal is the really big one in a fight.  Whatever you do to that crystal happens to every enemy, so Charming it means every non-Frenzied enemy gets Charmed, Item Charming it means every non-Frenzied enemy gets Item Charmed.  You'll need to build up your Charm levels to effectively and efficiently be able to handle the Big Crystal, and being able to handle that will speed a lot of hte othe prrocesses.  For now, I'd suggest going back and farming large numbers of lower-ranked Shampuru by Charming enemies from the 12 Worlds.

To Wrap This All Up:  You want to grind wherever you can get the most benefits in the least amount of time.  The Mugen Field is usually best, especially as defeat inside the Mugen Field is not a Game Over, but your mileage will vary dependent on what you're doing at the moment.  The postgame is the same iterative process as it is for most Compile Heart and Nippon Ichi games:  grind stuff to make your characters more powerful so you can defeat stronger enemies for their stuff to make more powerful stuff to make your characters more powerful, et cetera.  It's a vicious cycle that only ends when you can beat the fiercest stuff the game throws at you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanaCheese94 said:

But how do I get the "festival of pain" trophy? I cant find any information online

Festival of Pain requires you to set off the Damage Carnival after you've purchased every last update for it in the Mugen Field to maxx it out.  I don't recall if you'll be able to do it in a maximum bet Mugen Field against some of those bosses -- they and their minions might not have enough combined HP -- but you can certainly do it in some of the Ultimate Absurdity Worlds.

13 hours ago, acasser said:

Festival of Pain requires you to set off the Damage Carnival after you've purchased every last update for it in the Mugen Field to maxx it out.  I don't recall if you'll be able to do it in a maximum bet Mugen Field against some of those bosses -- they and their minions might not have enough combined HP -- but you can certainly do it in some of the Ultimate Absurdity Worlds.

I have the damage carnival upgraded to max already. So Baically i have to kill all enemies at the same time while fever time is active and hope their combined damage loss pops the trophy?

2 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I have the damage carnival upgraded to max already. So Baically i have to kill all enemies at the same time while fever time is active and hope their combined damage loss pops the trophy?

Not quite.

Damage Carnival activates when the cumulative amount of damage you have inflicted during a single battle meets or surpasses DC's threshhold.  It means you have to do an immense amount of damage in a single fight, with no regard for Fever Time.  In fact, Fever Time probably shouldn't be a concern of yours at all -- it's good for farming cash and the 999 hit trophy, but that's about all.  Moreover, killing enemies at the same time also doesn't matter.  It's not "do this much damage at once", but "do this much damage during this battle".

So what you need to do is look for a battle with a bunch of enemies that have huge HP totals, enough to surpass Damage Carnival's threshhold.  And that probably means an Ultimate Absurdity World battle.  Then you need to kill those enemies by inflicting damage, as opposed to Instant Kill effects or Charming them.  If you're careful and precise about it, you can use the Ultimate Soul to help you out to do an enormous amount of damage to enemies at once, but even that might not be enough on its own.

41 minutes ago, acasser said:

Not quite.

Damage Carnival activates when the cumulative amount of damage you have inflicted during a single battle meets or surpasses DC's threshhold.  It means you have to do an immense amount of damage in a single fight, with no regard for Fever Time.  In fact, Fever Time probably shouldn't be a concern of yours at all -- it's good for farming cash and the 999 hit trophy, but that's about all.  Moreover, killing enemies at the same time also doesn't matter.  It's not "do this much damage at once", but "do this much damage during this battle".

So what you need to do is look for a battle with a bunch of enemies that have huge HP totals, enough to surpass Damage Carnival's threshhold.  And that probably means an Ultimate Absurdity World battle.  Then you need to kill those enemies by inflicting damage, as opposed to Instant Kill effects or Charming them.  If you're careful and precise about it, you can use the Ultimate Soul to help you out to do an enormous amount of damage to enemies at once, but even that might not be enough on its own.

I think I got it now, thank you!! That sounds like it might actualy be the hardest trophy, because i was able to finish all the hard world battles by charming the big crystals. Now I need to figure out ow to raise my stats. I noticed that after peopn fusion I get more stats when leveling up. Do you have a reccomondation on how to quickly become stronger using peon fusion? I assume I have to choose specific peon types and level them up to 9999 before fusion to my main chars

4 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I think I got it now, thank you!! That sounds like it might actualy be the hardest trophy, because i was able to finish all the hard world battles by charming the big crystals. Now I need to figure out ow to raise my stats. I noticed that after peopn fusion I get more stats when leveling up. Do you have a reccomondation on how to quickly become stronger using peon fusion? I assume I have to choose specific peon types and level them up to 9999 before fusion to my main chars

When I was doing Peon Fusion, I created two Peons for each of my four team members.  To keep them straight, I named them "Marina A" and "Marina B" (just to use one example), so I knew which Peons were for which main character.  And what you want to do is alternate fusing "A" to "B" and then "B" to "A", changing classes around on both so that the recipient/beneficiary of said fusion would have lower stat affinities than the "fodder", thus boosting the stat affinities on the recipient.  And every so often, I'd then fuse one of them into the main character with both of them at Level 9999 -- you maximize both your stat gains and your affinity gains that way, and the goal was to make my main characters significantly more powerful by amping up those affinities as to draw greater benefit from the top-end equipment.  (I also used Fusion to transfer certain Skills and Conditional Skills to the main characters, but that doesn't necessarily apply here.)

Grinding everybody to Level 9999 wasn't very hard.  One trip through a high-bet Mugen Field was usually sufficient for my main characters, though it might take two for the Peons sitting on the bench team absorbing XP.  But as I was going through Mugen Fields while Shampuru farming in the first place, it was a nice thing to have running on the side without conscious effort.

You also want to pay attention for Conditional Skills, because some of them are very useful while pursuing the Damage Carnival.  And you'll also want to pay attention to Matter effects, because some of those can be helpful as well.  But you can work the former through Peon Fusion, and the latter may very well come on its own by upgrading and converting equipment that drops as post-battle prizes.  These two things will take something in the way of conscious effort, but it's still not quite a chore like Shampuru farming when you need specific things that don't show up in great quantity.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, acasser said:

If you're going to go for the platinum trophy, having two characters who can Charm should speed up the process.  It's doable with one -- I did it that way -- but a lot of the postgame grind is going to be repeatedly Charming enemies and/or the Big Crystal to accumulate Shampuru faster (or Item Charming as to guarantee specific drops from enemies).  That she's currently lagging behind your other characters should be of little issue, because it's pretty easy to repeatedly grind to Level 9999 once you get into the higher bet Mugen Fields.  And that's something you'll do a lot if you're going to take advantage of the Peon Fusion system to strengthen your main characters.

The challenges do grow in strength at a pretty steady basis.  I'd suggest trying them, and simply putting them aside and grinding for a while (stats/levels/equipment) when they're beyond you and coming back to them later.

Yes, there's a Rest Stop after the 100th floor, and that's where the final batch of upgrades can be purchased.

No, you don't get your wager back after you're done with the Mugen Field, regardless of success or failure.  That being said, it's not hard to recoup whatever it is you have bet if you work your way to high multipliers within the Mugen Field and beat the living daylights out of stuff and/or win some G-Castle battles.  Once you're really immersed in the postgame grind, you'll find it takes an effort to run low on most resources because it's simply so easy to accumulate them.  Right now, it might be easier to grind your MP from the final dungeon; once you're looking into grinding much larger amounts of MP, that will no longer suffice.

To an extent, a higher wager means stronger enemies.  And the enemies you see change depending on the path you choose.  But you'll also find that enemies will repeat roughly every other tier, only they show up sooner -- a Tier "A" enemy that shows up on the 65th floor might show up in Tier "C" on the 45th or 55th floor -- and new enemies fill in on the higher floors.

Yes, the big crystal is the really big one in a fight.  Whatever you do to that crystal happens to every enemy, so Charming it means every non-Frenzied enemy gets Charmed, Item Charming it means every non-Frenzied enemy gets Item Charmed.  You'll need to build up your Charm levels to effectively and efficiently be able to handle the Big Crystal, and being able to handle that will speed a lot of hte othe prrocesses.  For now, I'd suggest going back and farming large numbers of lower-ranked Shampuru by Charming enemies from the 12 Worlds.

To Wrap This All Up:  You want to grind wherever you can get the most benefits in the least amount of time.  The Mugen Field is usually best, especially as defeat inside the Mugen Field is not a Game Over, but your mileage will vary dependent on what you're doing at the moment.  The postgame is the same iterative process as it is for most Compile Heart and Nippon Ichi games:  grind stuff to make your characters more powerful so you can defeat stronger enemies for their stuff to make more powerful stuff to make your characters more powerful, et cetera.  It's a vicious cycle that only ends when you can beat the fiercest stuff the game throws at you.

Awesome! I guess for now I will be grinding out characters to level 9999 (if I ever beat floor 100 and get the final upgrades). Then I'll tackle the Oricalum for the G-castle parts trophy and finish the 300% on all worlds trophy.

Peon Fusion - is that the thing at the G-castle to the right? What/How exactly does that work again?

Awesome! I guess for now I will be grinding out characters to level 9999 (if I ever beat floor 100 and get the final upgrades). Then I'll tackle the Oricalum for the G-castle parts trophy and finish the 300% on all worlds trophy.

Peon Fusion - is that the thing at the G-castle to the right? What/How exactly does that work again?

@acasser answered the "how to" peon fusion question in the reply to me above yours. Yes, the peon place is that one with the red haired head icon.

But just to be sure, this is how I interpreted the process:

I create 2 of the same peons for each main character in my group (I end up with 4 pairs) It doesn't really matter what the job of those peons is, since you're going to switch them around anyways by fusioning. (correct me if I'm wrong pls)

I started out by raising the level caps of all 8 peons to 9999 and leveling them up to max. Then I will fuse the copies together, which will revert them both back to lvl 1. Then I'll relevel them to 9999 and fuse again, but this time use the character as base who was fodder the last time. Is that correct?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

But just to be sure, this is how I interpreted the process:

I create 2 of the same peons for each main character in my group (I end up with 4 pairs) It doesn't really matter what the job of those peons is, since you're going to switch them around anyways by fusioning. (correct me if I'm wrong pls)

I started out by raising the level caps of all 8 peons to 9999 and leveling them up to max. Then I will fuse the copies together, which will revert them both back to lvl 1. Then I'll relevel them to 9999 and fuse again, but this time use the character as base who was fodder the last time. Is that correct?

Pretty much.  The one thing you haven't mentioned here that you want to keep in mind is that the "fodder" character should have higher attribute affinities than the "base" character receiving the benefits.  Because that's how you increase the attribute affinities on the "base" character.  You alternate back and forth so that both characters see their affinities rise, and every so often you use your main character as a "base" character as to transfer some of that upgrade to them.  The intent is to get those affinities on the Peons really high and to transfer some of that over to your main characters every so often.

Depending on which stat you want to focus on raising, you'll want to class your peons accordingly.  To continue the example I used earlier, Marina is a spellcaster and a lot of her combat stuff scales off of INT.  So I'd usually have "base" Peons with low INT affinities, Fighter-type classes for the most part, and "fodder" Peons with high(er) INT affinities.  This way, I could more easily raise the INT affinity on both Peons, because the fusion benefits remain even when you change classes.

Another thing to keep in mind is thus:  If you're using Fusion to teach your main characters certain Skills or Conditional Skills, the "fodder" that fuses into them must learn those (Conditional) Skills naturally as whatever class they are at that given time.  For example, if you wanted to learn the "Forget It" Conditional Skill (Before your next turn, you may nullify one enemy attack. Wait time after your action increased by 25%.) for your mains to increase their survivability while you're trying to work on Festival of Pain, you'd have to use a Barrier Pro with that Conditional Skill learned as your "fodder" and fuse that into your main.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acasser said:

Pretty much.  The one thing you haven't mentioned here that you want to keep in mind is that the "fodder" character should have higher attribute affinities than the "base" character receiving the benefits.  Because that's how you increase the attribute affinities on the "base" character.  You alternate back and forth so that both characters see their affinities rise, and every so often you use your main character as a "base" character as to transfer some of that upgrade to them.  The intent is to get those affinities on the Peons really high and to transfer some of that over to your main characters every so often.

Depending on which stat you want to focus on raising, you'll want to class your peons accordingly.  To continue the example I used earlier, Marina is a spellcaster and a lot of her combat stuff scales off of INT.  So I'd usually have "base" Peons with low INT affinities, Fighter-type classes for the most part, and "fodder" Peons with high(er) INT affinities.  This way, I could more easily raise the INT affinity on both Peons, because the fusion benefits remain even when you change classes.

Another thing to keep in mind is thus:  If you're using Fusion to teach your main characters certain Skills or Conditional Skills, the "fodder" that fuses into them must learn those (Conditional) Skills naturally as whatever class they are at that given time.  For example, if you wanted to learn the "Forget It" Conditional Skill (Before your next turn, you may nullify one enemy attack. Wait time after your action increased by 25%.) for your mains to increase their survivability while you're trying to work on Festival of Pain, you'd have to use a Barrier Pro with that Conditional Skill learned as your "fodder" and fuse that into your main.

It's getting more and more clear now, again thx a lot for taking the time and explaining all of this. I've found the same information on different websites too, but described in a way that really didn't make much sense to me.

I'll start experimenting with fusion tonight. I think if I first start with base HP and INT i'll be on the right path. I also found out the boss in Mugen World Redux #3 has 999'999'999 HP, so that should be enough damage to earn the festival of pain trophy (if I can manage to wiggle him down before dying lol)

@acasser @NanaCheese94

So should I Peon Fuse everyone right now?

I tested it out with my main (didn't save though). She went from 1100 to 1 but one match got her to level 73 with 4k added HP. Would this be a good idea to peon fuse my main party in hopes of getting strong enough for level 100? OR should I just continue to grind to 9999 THEN Peon Fuse?

IMO it seems if I Peon Fuse everyone, they will level up ALOT quicker at 'low levels' and get huge stat gains pretty quick where as right now I am slowly getting up levels in the level 1,000's. The downside is that I am prolonging the level 9999 trophy.

Edited by DrHambone

1 minute ago, DrHambone said:

@acasser @NanaCheese94

So should I Peon Fuse everyone right now?

I tested it out with my main (didn't save though). She went from 1100 to 1 but one match got her to level 73 with 4k added HP. Would this be a good idea to peon fuse my main party in hopes of getting strong enough for level 100? OR should I just continue to grind to 9999 THEN Peon Fuse?

IMO it seems if I Peon Fuse everyone, they will level up ALOT quicker at 'low levels' and get huge stat gains pretty quick where as right now I am slowly getting up levels in the level 1,000's. The downside is that I am prolonging the level 9999 trophy.

The faster level gain is what I noticed too but I think it's a bit of a trap. Because it only seemed to work once, when you do it the second or thrids time, you will just end up with lvl 1 stats again.

But honestly I rather let this be explained by @acasser because I'm gonna only use the rules described in earlier posts from now on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

The faster level gain is what I noticed too but I think it's a bit of a trap. Because it only seemed to work once, when you do it the second or thrids time, you will just end up with lvl 1 stats again.

But honestly I rather let this be explained by @acasser because I'm gonna only use the rules described in earlier posts from now on.

So I noticed reverting to level 1 kept my high stats but they were a tad lower.

My main was 111k ATK then Peon Fusion made her 85k ATK. But one fight brought her up 100 levels and it went to 95k. So I think it would help in the long run with some faster stat gains but I did notice everyone's stats went down slight after the fusion. My others with 49k HP went to 6k. One fight doubled it but that's still risky. I might as well try for it when I get to Level 9999. I just want to freaking beat floor 100 already!

I have found a somewhat quick way to grind G. Second to last dungeon, first enemy is a lot of small enemies. I do Fever Mode and net 500k~ each fight. Got the idea from a video on YouTube although into the video it shows 3m from the battle. Not sure what/how to net that much that that would be awesome. Using the G to upgrade my weapon and first armor on my strongest person. Trying to OP her.

Edited by DrHambone