Sly cooper cross save

Sebas236

I have a question, If i plat Sly Cooper on the vita version and want to use the cross save feature to get the plat on the PS3 version, do I have to download the PS3 version to do this? I'm asking because the ps3 version is almost 20GB of space and i dont want to delete some other games i have on my HDD to download the ps3 version. Can anyone tell me if i have to download it?

UPDATE: I went to the PSN store on my laptop to make sure that i had both versions of Sly, and i dont, it says i only have the vita version even though i got both version with ps plus, was i supposed to separately download both version? most cross buy games on Ps plus only require you to download one of the versions which automatically gives you all of them. Is there still a way to get the ps3 version?

Well this sucks, I'm gonna try contacting Sony to see if they can make it so i have the PS3 version on my download list since i was supposed to get it free with PS plus, it's a very unlikely chance they listen but oh well, it sucks because i thought downloading the vita version would get me both versions because that's usually what happens with most games on Plus.

• 9 months later...

I have a question, If i plat Sly Cooper on the vita version and want to use the cross save feature to get the plat on the PS3 version, do I have to download the PS3 version to do this? I'm asking because the ps3 version is almost 20GB of space and i dont want to delete some other games i have on my HDD to download the ps3 version. Can anyone tell me if i have to download it?

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/362/~/upgrade-the-hard-disk-drive-(hdd)

I believe this will help you. Had a 120GB, upgraded it to 320GB.

Well this sucks, I'm gonna try contacting Sony to see if they can make it so i have the PS3 version on my download list since i was supposed to get it free with PS plus, it's a very unlikely chance they listen but oh well, it sucks because i thought downloading the vita version would get me both versions because that's usually what happens with most games on Plus.

The "of course you do" was for loading the save file on the ps3 to use cross save and get the trophies.

Only saying because at first it came off to me as of course you need to get both versions separate.

You should have it on your download list. If you don't, try contacting Sony like you want.

I wanted to contact them about Terraria. This was back when it came out weekly. I have the ps plus game before Terraria and the one after it. I don't have Terraria. 

No idea why I don't have it. I waited until the last week of the month, and according to Wiki it was still in the store so I should I purchased it along with the others.

Unfortunately, unlike your proof of having the Vita version, I have nothing as proof.

Most of the time when I add cross-buy Plus games to my cart, I have to add all or most of them.  For a while adding the Vita or PS4 version added the other, but the PS3 version was excluded and had to be added separately.  If you didn't add them all at the time the game was on Plus, you may be SOL.  Go ahead and contact Sony, I wish you the best, but their out-sourced support is absolutely useless and I doubt they have a canned response for what you'll be asking.

Edited by Matto_lsi

Most of the time when I add cross-buy Plus games to my cart, I have to add all or most of them.  For a while adding the Vita or PS4 version added the other, but the PS3 version was excluded and had to be added separately.  If you didn't add them all at the time the game was on Plus, you may be SOL.  Go ahead and contact Sony, I wish you the best, but their out-sourced support is absolutely useless and I doubt they have a canned response for what you'll be asking.

Are you sure? Usually when I add them to cart from the store on my PC, it prevents me from adding the game twice. 

For example, Mousecraft, a ps plus crossbuy for all 3 systems. If I added the one for PS4 on my cart, it wouldn't let me add the PS3 and PS Vita options but when I checked out they would all be in download list.

NA Store btw, just in case it differs from store to store.

Are you sure? Usually when I add them to cart from the store on my PC, it prevents me from adding the game twice. 

For example, Mousecraft, a ps plus crossbuy for all 3 systems. If I added the one for PS4 on my cart, it wouldn't let me add the PS3 and PS Vita options but when I checked out they would all be in download list.

NA Store btw, just in case it differs from store to store.

Positive.  What you wrote is what used to happen most of the time, but for most games this year it's been the other way around.  I've mostly been able to add all versions available to my cart each month, so I do.  I've even almost missed games before for not adding both versions (like I said above, PS4 and Vita would usually only need 1 to be added, but PS3 would be left out, so I'd have to add it separately).  There's only been one or two exceptions to this in the last 50+ games I've 'bought' through Plus.  If I can add them all, I do, and then redeem the lot, so while it might work to add just one, I add everything I can first.

Also, on your computer, are you going to Games, then Plus, then Free Games?  Some cross buy games offered on Plus only offer one version, the others are blocked or have a price.  If you follow this path, only what's really available (including all cross buy games) are listed.  For this month, Stealth 2 and Sound shapes have all 3 versions available.  I already owned Sound Shapes, but I did add all 3 versions of Stealth 2 to my cart individually.

As I don't have a PS4 yet, and didn't have a Vita when I first subscribed to Plus, I've been acquiring all my Plus games on PC for years.

Positive.  What you wrote is what used to happen most of the time, but for most games this year it's been the other way around.  I've mostly been able to add all versions available to my cart each month, so I do.  I've even almost missed games before for not adding both versions (like I said above, PS4 and Vita would usually only need 1 to be added, but PS3 would be left out, so I'd have to add it separately).  There's only been one or two exceptions to this in the last 50+ games I've 'bought' through Plus.  If I can add them all, I do, and then redeem the lot, so while it might work to add just one, I add everything I can first.

Also, on your computer, are you going to Games, then Plus, then Free Games?  Some cross buy games offered on Plus only offer one version, the others are blocked or have a price.  If you follow this path, only what's really available (including all cross buy games) are listed.  For this month, Stealth 2 and Sound shapes have all 3 versions available.  I already owned Sound Shapes, but I did add all 3 versions of Stealth 2 to my cart individually.

As I don't have a PS4 yet, and didn't have a Vita when I first subscribed to Plus, I've been acquiring all my Plus games on PC for years.

Yeah I go to Game, Plus, Free Games.

I only added one version of Sound Shapes and Stealth Inc but they're available in my downloads for all systems. As you can see on my psnp, I have already played sound shapes on all 3 systems. 

It doesn't really matter, but it's weird that it differs for us.

Yeah I go to Game, Plus, Free Games.

I only added one version of Sound Shapes and Stealth Inc but they're available in my downloads for all systems. As you can see on my psnp, I have already played sound shapes on all 3 systems. 

It doesn't really matter, but it's weird that it differs for us.

I just wanted to reiterate something I said before that might have been glossed over.  In the past I would frequently get that message you spoke of when trying to add the same games (usually Vita and PS4 copies), but for nearly the last year I haven't.  You could be completely correct that adding one version adds them all.  All I was saying it that for the most part I have been adding them all to my cart, so I can't be certain whether or not adding one would be enough.  I just add all the games in that Free list.

Maybe cross buy works fine, but Sony just haven't put the restrictions on adding cross buy games to your cart.  Maybe they want people to double pay for things... wouldn't surprise me, lol.  But yeah, our experience might only be different cause you add one version for cross buy games and I add them all.  Next month I'll try only adding 1 and see what happens.  If I remember to do this, I will post here and let you know :)