GTA SAN ANDREAS STEAM UPDATE !11!

kidhero99

]Just a heads up to San Andreas owners on Steam:

The latest update, coinciding somewhat with the recent 360 re-release, adds native controller support but takes away a lot more.

Highly recommend manually stopping it if you can, as many iconic songs are now gone due to licence expiry purposes (full list below), and older save files may also be affected.

- Adds support for XInput controllers (Xbox 360 controller)

- Makes "Steering with Mouse" enabled by default
- Removes several songs for all owners 
- Removes several resolution options, including 1920x1080 (This was broken in the original version, then fixed in an update - now unfixed with this latest update)
- Loading a game save from the original version just starts a new game
- Occasional crashes during car explosions if another monitor is attached

PLAYBACK FM
"Critical Beatdown"

K-DST
"Running Down A Dream"
"Woman To Woman"

Bounce FM
"You Dropped A Bomb On Me"
"Yum Yum"
"Running Away"

Radio Los Santos
"I Don't Give A f*ck"
"Express Yourself"

Radio X
"Killing in the Name of"
"Hellraiser"

K-Jah West
"Ring My Bell"
"Don't Let It Go To Your Head"

Master Sounds 98.3
"Express Yourself"
"Rock Creek Park"
"Grunt"
"Soul Power '74"
"The Payback"

Another day, another slap in the face to PC gamers from Rockstar.

1. They claim porting RDR is not financially viable (sorry guys, guess it's our fault).  Yet porting almost every other game is. xD

2. Every GTA release on PC comes well after the console release, most likely to maximize their initial console earnings and double up on PC fans that couldn't wait (myself included).

3. GTA IV was an awful port, and while they did patch it up a bit, it's far from good.  Any improvements at this point is newer, better hardware mostly brute forcing through the games poor performance.

4. Despite many developers moving away from GFWL as Microsoft announced it's slow death, and patching it out of their older games, Rockstar holds strong.

5. Once GTA V finally found it's way on to Steam, it's sat there for months without the ability to actually pre-order it.  With a lot of key information still missing from it's store page (achievements?!)

6. Rockstar Social Club on PC being additional software/DRM that has been known to prevent people from playing their games altogether when not working correctly.

And now...

7. "Updating" their old games to delete content, apparently.  They couldn't even throw us a bone and add the new Xbox versions achievements for us.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1