How does Reputation work?

Sir_Bee

All 3 of your characters share the same money and grimoire score and thats about it. Unfortunately their earned reputations are separate so you have to earn those crucible and vanguard rep and marks all over again.... behold the magic of destiny.

Edited by stitchesnscars

Well that seems stupid.  This game is making it very difficult for me to want to keep playing ...

I have been doing the same shit every day for the past few weeks. Dailies, bounties, public events, weeklies, raids. Killing the same things over and over and over again while doing the same damn patrol mission over and over and over again after spawning in the exact same spot over and over and over again.

I'm grinding for my last 2 subclass mastery trophies and that's taking forever with 5 upgrades left on both chars and I'm getting about 1 upgrade a day. When I'm finally done with that I'm taking a break for a few weeks before tackling Flawless Raider and the platinum.

I can't wait to be done. I bet we are all in the same boat.

Edited by MrCostari

Yep. Rep does reset, but grimoire stays with your profile.  So leveling things will be much quicker. :)  

I have been doing the same shit every day for the past few weeks. Dailies, bounties, public events, weeklies, raids. Killing the same things over and over and over again while doing the same damn patrol mission over and over and over again after spawning in the exact same spot over and over and over again.

I'm grinding for my last 2 subclass mastery trophies and that's taking forever with 5 upgrades left on both chars and I'm getting about 1 upgrade a day. When I'm finally done with that I'm taking a break for a few weeks before tackling Flawless Raider and the platinum.

Actually not. :blush:  Even though the game is repetitive, I am still having a decent time with it.  I do wish they would mix things up here and there more often.  Some of it does feel like a chore (get them dailies in!) but other than that, the world is actually quite big and fun to explore and look at details. I might be in the minority there.  All I have left to do now is the 50 dead ghosts (just been lazy...) and mastering the other two character sub classes.  I've been busy practicing flawless and playing Binding of Isaac otherwise, lol. 

I still enjoy this game.  

• Like 2

Don't wait too long. Me and the group I did flawless with were very concerned with Bungie patching the Templar where he couldn't be cheesed any more. Idk how you feel about their Atheon "fix", but I found it did more harm than good.

• Like 1

Don't wait too long. Me and the group I did flawless with were very concerned with Bungie patching the Templar where he couldn't be cheesed any more. Idk how you feel about their Atheon "fix", but I found it did more harm than good.

They should fix the gamebreaking glitches in the Vault of Glitches like the marked glitch after the Templar part instead of 'fixing' something that's not even a glitch. No one asked for random teleports. Where are your fucking priorities, Bungie?

They are so full of shit. Look at their developer diaries or whatever they are called and compare the game what it is now to what they say in those videos. I didn't watched them but I saw a few through AngryJoe's review, which was absolutely hilarious BTW.

Then you know they are so full of shit.

I should have known better with Activision as publisher. I keep falling for things like this and buying games I end up hating too much and regretting.

But enough with the crap. I'm hoping for an easier method or easier raid although I doubt neither one will happen considering the DLC raid is a level 28 raid and they already made it harder, why would they reserve it?

Man, the day I earn this platinum is going to be the most relieved day of my life. The biggest burder than will ever fall off my shoulders. Can't wait.

Also, do the weekly strikes and Vanguard playlist strikes give you XP upon completion and I don't mean for the boss or the enemies throughout the strike but just a few thousand XP like you get after the daily heroic and regular story missions and such? Because I don't see it listed anywhere when selecting them in Orbit. Because I read they give good XP and I'd like something else than bounties, dailies and public events every day. I could do crucible too but that just pisses me off and I'm grinding on 2 chars on the same day every day and I'm hardly having enough time to complete all the bounties, dailies and public events every day. I'm hoping to be done by the end of the week. 2 x 5 more upgrades.... C'mon....

• Like 1

They should fix the gamebreaking glitches in the Vault of Glitches like the marked glitch after the Templar part instead of 'fixing' something that's not even a glitch. No one asked for random teleports. Where are your fucking priorities, Bungie?

They are so full of shit. Look at their developer diaries or whatever they are called and compare the game what it is now to what they say in those videos. I didn't watched them but I saw a few through AngryJoe's review, which was absolutely hilarious BTW.

Then you know they are so full of shit.

I should have known better with Activision as publisher. I keep falling for things like this and buying games I end up hating too much and regretting.

But enough with the crap. I'm hoping for an easier method or easier raid although I doubt neither one will happen considering the DLC raid is a level 28 raid and they already made it harder, why would they reserve it?

Man, the day I earn this platinum is going to be the most relieved day of my life. The biggest burder than will ever fall off my shoulders. Can't wait.

Also, do the weekly strikes and Vanguard playlist strikes give you XP upon completion and I don't mean for the boss or the enemies throughout the strike but just a few thousand XP like you get after the daily heroic and regular story missions and such? Because I don't see it listed anywhere when selecting them in Orbit. Because I read they give good XP and I'd like something else than bounties, dailies and public events every day. I could do crucible too but that just pisses me off and I'm grinding on 2 chars on the same day every day and I'm hardly having enough time to complete all the bounties, dailies and public events every day. I'm hoping to be done by the end of the week. 2 x 5 more upgrades.... C'mon....

I don't think you get any xp from the strike playlist and I know for sure that it's not listed as having an xp reward. I've also read that the bonus xp from doing story missions that haven't been completed yet on hard difficulty only goes toward your subclass and not weapons and armor (just throwing that out there), but I can't substantiate. I'm doing dailies, publics and bounties with three characters and sometimes I have to leave some bounties for the next day. It does get very repetitive, but I dont know any better way to level up your subclass or power level weapons.

I think the current light level will increase once we get the next expansion. Once people reach level 32, a level 26 raid may not be so daunting. Maybe it's just me, but I was more worried about the instant death team wipes for flawless than I was about hp loss related deaths. The gorgon section and the platforming sections are nerve racking because you don't want to be the one to let your team down.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

I don't think you get any xp from the strike playlist and I know for sure that it's not listed as having an xp reward. I've also read that the bonus xp from story missions only goes toward your subclass and not weapons and armor (just throwing that out there), but I can't substantiate. I'm doing dailies, publics and bounties with three characters and sometimes I have to leave one for the next day. It does get very repetitive, but I dont know any better way to level up your subclass or power level weapons.

I think the current light level will increase once we get the next expansion. Once people reach level 32, a level 26 raid may not be so daunting. Maybe it's just me, but I was more worried about the instant death team wipes for flawless than I was about hp loss related deaths. The gorgon section and the platforming sections are nerve racking because you don't want to be the one to let your team down.

Yep. The light cap will be at 32 then.

If dailies only give XP to your subclass that's fine by me because I still need to fully level 2 of them. But today's daily is difficult, The Archive, damn stealth vandels. :(

I'm with you, those instant death wipes are nerve racking and I get nervous easy and quickly already so imagine me doing the Gorgon's and platforming my heart would be pounding in my throat.. :o

Yep. The light cap will be at 32 then.

If dailies only give XP to your subclass that's fine by me because I still need to fully level 2 of them. But today's daily is difficult, The Archive, damn stealth vandels. :(

I'm with you, those instant death wipes are nerve racking and I get nervous easy and quickly already so imagine me doing the Gorgon's and platforming my heart would be pounding in my throat.. :o

It's the extra xp for doing story missions on hard difficulty that haven't already been completed that I was referring to earlier. Sorry about that. I should've made that clearer.
  • Like 1