Lords of the Fallen questions?

jorgeammo

I'm considering getting this game, but it has received some rather poor reviews from the critics.

Not that critics matter much, but I would like some other opinions.

#1 I am not a Dark Souls fan. (If I die every five minutes I'm not interested)

How difficult are the trophies 1-10? 

How much time should I set aside if I want the platinum trophy?

Is the game enjoyable?

Are there any serious glitches I should know about?

Does it compare to anything other than a Souls game?

Thank you for your opinions :rolleyes:

It's a Dark Souls clone. So you will probably have no fun with it. And sometimes it's really annoying with all of these glitches and bugs in it. I do not think that it will bring you as much fun as I had with it.

Edited by Quidin

I've never tried the Dark Souls' series so I'm unable to tell you if it's similar or not, but I have heard it's got similar mechanics. I'm an average gamer when it comes to skill unless it's a fighting game, I thought that Lords of the Fallen would cause me problems but once you learn the patterns of the enemies it becomes VERY easy, especially when you get around to the strong weapons. My advice = use big axes or big hammers :)

I haven't played much of Dark Souls, but honestly what it reminds me of is Ocarina of Time, with the lock on and circling that you do for most of the boss battles.  Of course, the game is nothing like Zelda, but the combat just really reminds me of that, lots of circling, blocking, and trying to get in an opening.  I'm a pretty average gamer as well and was able to get through my first playthrough without too much trouble, and that as a rogue with deception magic and light armor, which is supposedly the toughest.  I only had to look up strategies for two of the twelve or so bosses.  Personally I like the game quite a bit, and you can get the trophies w/o too much grinding.

• Like 1

Started with this game today. As I'm not familiar with the Souls I feel like I'm pretty fucked right now. I really like how battling regular enemies challenges you basically all the time and won't be too easy any time. Still, I'm not comfortable with these boss battles. It's only the second one or so, he's called Commander and he's summoning weaker enemies every now and then. I find it pretty insane that I don't have enough time to beat these weaker ones before he picks up where he left with me shooting these projectiles at me.

I just started the game and I totally get it you're supposed to level up, customize your character and gear but the problem is I don't have any gear at the moment. Maybe it's getting better once I handle the battle better but I've really never felt this frustrated with the second kind of a boss fight in any game.

Started with this game today. As I'm not familiar with the Souls I feel like I'm pretty fucked right now. I really like how battling regular enemies challenges you basically all the time and won't be too easy any time. Still, I'm not comfortable with these boss battles. It's only the second one or so, he's called Commander and he's summoning weaker enemies every now and then. I find it pretty insane that I don't have enough time to beat these weaker ones before he picks up where he left with me shooting these projectiles at me.

I just started the game and I totally get it you're supposed to level up, customize your character and gear but the problem is I don't have any gear at the moment. Maybe it's getting better once I handle the battle better but I've really never felt this frustrated with the second kind of a boss fight in any game.

Try to discover every corner of the world before heading straight to the next boss.

That you can't kill the two enemies before he picks up seems strange... 

Try to discover every corner of the world before heading straight to the next boss.

That you can't kill the two enemies before he picks up seems strange...

That's a good advice, though I guess I'm doing all the collectible searching on my second playthrough. I beat the first boss without taking any damage and got his sword with some extra skill and the Commander was a piece of cake. I'm now getting a hold of this game and started to enjoy it a lot more.

ok, but worth buy or not?

No. 60 bucks for this buggy piece of shit ? Hell no. Wait for a serious price drop and then you can try it.But i don't recommend it,It's very broken and VERY scripted. Watch 

this video. 

. 13:00 and 14:00 to see how bad this game is. Edited by Mayhem5100
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The game is buggy yes, to the point of disappointment in some cases, however, I still enjoyed it very much. I am a huge souls fan and to me this is nothing like a souls game. It seems that it got this label because of the supposed difficulty spike, and frankly not a good reason to label a game to be like another. I haven't played it since I got the platinum but I believe from emmeory I have well over 100 hours in the game, so to me it was very worth it.

Whether people are posting positive or negative comments, views, reviews, etc... my suggestion is, if the game interests you at all, try it for yourself and make your own assessment. If you are budget conscious as many people are, buy a used a copy, try it, if you don't like it, return it and no harm done.