First Co-op game. Impression

WL_Ooi

Today, after countless attempts to connect I was finally able to play my first co-op mission in Assassin's Creed: Unity. I didn't have any friends to play with me so I was match-made into a four players session. The mission wasn't too difficult and we completed it in one try. I am here to share my experience in this particular game. So here it goes:

It is completely bull if you're playing with strangers who have no microphone. I always imagine the co-op mission to be a mission where players coordinate with each other to complete the objectives in the most effective manner possible but it is not the case for my game. Everybody is basically playing their own way. Countless times I've been trying to sneak up for a silent kill only for my ally to shoot the enemy from a distance and sounding the alarm. Also often times players were racing each other to the objective location so that they can get the most kills and be the "hero". It almost felt like a Destiny strike mission with strangers. No offense, but personally I don't think this is how the game is intended to be played. We completed the mission no problem because it was still an easy two-diamonds mission. I would imagine such uncoordinated play will not crack the harder missions as easily.

So to sum it up, unless you're playing with someone you can communicate with, the co-op missions are literally just missions with four individual assassins. For me it was even less enjoyable than a single player mission.

P/S: I love the PSNProfiles' community so I would be glad if I could play with some of you awesome folks. If you're looking for the same thing you can add me as friend and maybe we could play together. My PSN name: WL_Ooi

Edited by WL_Ooi
  • Like 3

Co-op is definitely more enjoyable with friends/people you know. There are some points where I tried connecting to a friend's game and it wouldn't let me so I had to restart my PS4. This can be frustrating at times. 

I like to do stealth but my friends insist on doing a full frontal assault on the enemy while I'm sneaking around. I really don't mind it though. We laugh at each other for failing at our respective roles. As long we get the mission done it's fine although for heists you definitely want to stealth those.    

• Like 1

I've played a few co-op missions with my friend and we've been having a blast! Some are quite challenging but it feels very good to finally push through and beat the mission. I'm pretty certain that playing with randoms with no mics is probably a pretty crappy experience though, lol

i think that 2 things are important in coop missions when you paly with strangers: 1) if a players has the mic, he decides the tactics 2) the others follow his "orders".

I played a coop mission with a stranger and he followed my advices = mission complete (an easy one) in 7 min.

if i'm playing with retarded players who don't listen or act like headless turkeys, i'll quit the game immediatly.

However it's very funny to play with people who have the microphones, very satisfactory. :)

(sorry for my bad english)

I just played a matchmaking game.... All I can say is, "What a fucking mess." Not only were the people I was with just going all out assault, making it a straight up foot race to each objective, but combat was leggy as hell (several times I attacked somebody only to have them teleport to combat with one of the other players) and I honestly don't know what the mission was even about. Mission complete, but it was all so confusing.

So, I decided to play it privately, just me. Wow. "Take them out quietly." Two phantom blade kills, and.... "I should have known you would need me," she says, as I look up to see ten thugs rushing around the corner to murder my ass.

Honestly, I don't think I want to try another co-op mission unless all of these issues are confirmed to have been fixed in an update. Who knows, maybe I'll just finish the story and trade this shit in for Rogue...

• Like 1