kill count trophy question

ProfessorTwiztid

You don't have to turn off your PSVITA for the 5k trophy ;)

All in one run. This trophy is bugged. Horrible thing!!

I saw this reported over at playstationtrophies.  It's actually possible.  I know when I got irked enough by the trophy not popping, I just sat down and played the game for a while and it finally popped.

• Like 1

I got the trophy some weeks ago, it is glitched but there is a way to bypass the glitch, you just have to play the 1st few levels over and over until you reach 5k Grunt kills without removing the game application.

Your best bet is to delete the game (assuming Grunt Zapper is the last trophy you need) and start from scratch, you should grab the free 500 orbs in the store and then start killing any enemies with the Musket. Once you have enough orbs, go buy the Ray Gun (skip the Shotgun) and check your stats, you should write it down somewhere or take a pic of the stat page to know how many you need while playing. (trust me, you'll be checking the stats page a whole lot and if you don't remember the exact number then you won't know how many more kills you need).

Then, just keep playing the game over and over ignoring every type of enemy except for Grunts, i kept dying at Level 3 because i was letting the Dodgers reach my defences and i could only take 3 hits. It is very tedious but keep in mind that you can't remove the application to get this trophy. You can press the PS button, check messages or even let the PS Vita run out of battery (mine did), but you have to keep the game running or else the trophy won't pop.

My trophy popped exactly when it should, i tried this same method before but i had my Ray Gun upgraded to max using the store glitch (just keep spamming :cross:  after upgrading a gun and it'll keep being upgraded until it reaches its max level) and i kept playing until... well... forever. I reached Level 191 in one go (yes, you read that right! Do you know how long that takes?!) and ended up with 14k kills in total, no trophy popped. Your best bet is to kill the "naked" Grunts from Levels 1 to 3 with an unupgraded Ray Gun and defences. Good luck people!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

3 of the trophies glitched on me: Behemoth Zapper, Tank Zapper and Grunt Zapper. Fortunately I got Behemoth Zapper and Tank Zapper waaaaaaay earlier than I should have. The Grunt Zapper trophy was a problem though. I had to do all 5000 kills in one sitting which took about 6 hours replaying levels 1-10. My advice would be to check how many kills you have total, upgrade the zapper and just keep playing levels 1-10 over and over and over again. 80% of the enemies are grunts and if you also need the other two Zapper trophies they can be done using this method also since behemoths and tanks both show up in these levels. When I started I had just under 15,000 kills and when I got the trophy I had just over 21,000 so the counter works but it must reset when you close the app. These levels are very easy with a maxed out zapper so it is very easy to multitask while going for these trophies. Hey, at least the trophies are not impossible like in TxK or Luftrausers so give the devs some credit.

• 2 months later...

I had an strange experience.  I used the upgrade exploit and continued to play for hours.  The next time I restarted the game, everything was reset to just before the exploit.  It happened twice.  I would have around 30,000 kills.  As it is, I have over 18,000.  Still no tank or grunt trophies!  Ugh!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/28/2014 at 0:10 PM, JesseBlur said:

I can confirm that you don't need Internet to get trophies...I'm still working on the Tank Zapper trophy.I did a one sitting for the 5k kill trophy and it pop at LV 261.Now I was noticing and curious of how many tanks you get every 10 rnds...and it looks like you get 10-12 tanks...I already played 700 rnds meaning levels.so that makes it around 750-800 tanks kills atm.

I just did a nearly 4 hour session and made it to round 202. I had the 5000 grunts trophy pop at round 168. The number of tanks I destroyed from 168 to 201 was just shy of 50.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to aprove. I started game with 30450 kills when i wanted to get trophy Grunt Zapper. 
I keep playing from lvl 1 till i died mostly around lvl 20.

i didnt shut down ps vita but i put it rest mode without closing game app.

i got trophy slighty over 5k kill with 35800kills. 
Game is perfect for vita really fun but this glitched trophies are worrest. 

• Like 1