Grounded Left Behind, last chapter, PLEASE HELP :[

wrafix

I've died so many times I've lost count, I kill the first lot of men (pretty easy) then another lot comes and I'm ammoless, I really need some help with this part, this grounded mode for me is a punisher, you have my thanks for any tips/help.

If you have finished the base game on Grounded then I don't really can tell you anything new that would help your playing. And by the way, is there even Grounded-mode on Left Behind? I mean I played it on Survivor because that's what you need for the trophies.

Hey there, is way easier than it sounds, you can stealth the whole chapter and is possible without killing anyone.

For the first segment as soon as you enter the hospital stealth all the way to the guy that stands behind a light if a machine gun, look for a balcony in the left of him and proceed to the next hall where those three guys comes to check it out, wait for then to pass through hiding behind the desk on the right. Run straight to the door where the guys slams the door and run though it :)

Then a chill moment and the supposed hard one comes in. Is possible to go all the way to Ellie :)xD without shooting a single round. Crouch walk all the way to the back avoiding the search lights and throw 2 smoke bombs in the door to proceed, one in the middle and the other in front of the door, just walk past then and SAVE Ellie xD

And ah just to make everything even more worthwhile, wait for the doctors to beg for their lives and give then mercy giving then a quick and delicious spray of fire if the flamethrower and watch then burn.

There you go, hopefully it helps, hahaha :)

As you see after everything you did, it won't be for nothing

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

I've died so many times I've lost count, I kill the first lot of men (pretty easy) then another lot comes and I'm ammoless, I really need some help with this part, this grounded mode for me is a punisher, you have my thanks for any tips/help.

One question, why are you doing the Left Behind DLC on Grounded Mode? The max difficulty you need to do it in is Survivor, and enemies in Grounded Mode can practically one-shot you.

That aside, this is how I did it in Survivor. You need bricks or bottles, as many arrows as you can hang on to, and a nail bomb. If you can hang on to enough supplies to have some 9mm rounds and a molotov, all the better. There's six guys in the initial wave, two toward the right, two in the middle in front of the yogurt shop, two on the left. Sneak your way down on the right side until you approach the escalators in front of the yogurt shop. To the right is a guy standing behind a box, he might be starting to walk into the two-story shop to the far right. Shoot him with an arrow without being seen. Sneak your way into that shop and silently kill the guy in there. Return to the railing near the escalators without being seen, and throw your nail bomb down on the two guys in front of the yogurt shop to kill both. The dead guys in front of the yogurt shop should lure the two guys on the far left to investigate, shoot them with arrows without being seen. Run around the area both upstairs and downstairs to collect supplies and ammo, then run to the yogurt shop. You'll be seen by the second wave, stay down in cover and quickly run left into two-story shop (was on the right when you started) and try to get upstairs. Use the displays to try and get around behind guys to shank them, and if you're seen, throw bricks and bottles at them to stun them and run like hell. You're going to want to try to get back to the area where you started out this particular area, staying downstairs is certain death. These guys will drop rifle and 9mm ammo, pick it up if you can and shoot them. This part is going to pretty frantic, I won't lie. When you manage to kill 3 or 4 of them, then a wave of infected will show up (you'll know when because the guys will start shouting about them). Run all the way back to where you started and hide, the infected will fight it out with those guys. Wait until you stop hearing gun shots, then sneak back out and look for survivors to stealth kill. You'll know it's over when Ellie shouts out about if there's anyone else.

To get to this battle, you want to save every bit of ammo and supplies you can. You can get all the way to the last fight without shooting a single round of ammo if you play it right. If you beat Grounded Mode, I'm sure you know the trick of crouch-walking while aiming to walk slow enough to not be heard by Clickers. I'm sure you also know that Clickers can still see you if you're in front of them while they throw is little stomping shit-fit, try to keep cover between them and you when they do it. All the patrolling Clickers in the DLC can be snuck up on and shanked. The part with the 4 Stalkers can be beat without wasting ammo too. When you pick up the gas can, run straight ahead and hide behind the box beyond the generator and near the first truck, the first Stalker will actually walk around that spot in a way that you can shank it from behind. The other 3 can be beat by throwing bricks and bottles at them to stun and shank them. The next few battles afterwards involve groups of hunters and infected, throw bricks and bottles to lure out the infected, then mop up the survivors with stealth kills. Do it right and you'll have all your ammo and supplies for the last battle.

I never did Left Behind in Grounded Mode, but it is doable in Survivor Mode this way.

• Like 3

Hey there, is way easier than it sounds, you can stealth the whole chapter and is possible without killing anyone.

I did the Hospital chapter a slightly different way that's almost completely non-confrontational. You'll start out looking down the hall at a pair of Fireflies. Turn the camera 180 degrees behind you to see the Firefly you killed in the cutscene and a window to his right. Jump in the window and stay crouched down. Turn left and exit the room, cross the hall and enter another room. To your left you'll pass three doors, first is out to a hall, 2nd is to a bathroom, third is out to the same hall. Exit this door, cross the hall, and enter a lab slightly to the right. You'll know it's the correct one if there's some supplements on the middle counter. Head straight and you'll see a window with a set of counters across a hall. Look left and you'll see a pair of Fireflies ignoring you. Jump through the window, crouch-walk straight ahead across the hall, and jump over the first counter. Immediately turn right and enter a small office. Straight ahead you'll see another pair of Fireflies walk past, turn left to see another doorway with a tall set of boxes immediately on the other side of the door on the right. Press against those boxes and look around the corner. There's a Firefly sweeping his light back and forth, and a medical bed you can hide behind in his field a view. Wait till he sweeps away from your boxes and cross over behind the bed and look straight ahead from the end of it. You'll see a window you can jump through and beyond that another set of counters. Wait till the Firefly sweeps his light back to those boxes you hid behind previously, then jump through the window and move around behind those counters straight ahead. Do not jump over the counters and do not stop after you move away from the bed until you get behind the counters or you'll be seen. Move into the office behind those counters, then jump through the window on the right and run down the hall. When you see more counters to your right, hide behind them to not be seen by the next group of Fireflies. Jump back out and run down the hall. To your left is the door upstairs, to your right is a couch you can hide behind. A Firefly jumps out and fires on you. You can brick and take him down, shoot him, or throw a bomb or molotov, your choice. I used a nail bomb personally.

Run upstairs and through the next set of labs. Just before you get to the final enemy-filled hallway, you'll be directed to press  :l3: for a quick cutscene. Skip it and crouch walk past the first doorway. Don't dawdle near it or you'll be seen. Walk all the way down to the next doorway. Go through it, then the next doorway (don't jump through windows or low walls). At the next doorway, look straight ahead to see another Firefly. Sneak behind him when his attention is away and keep going straight ahead. If I remember right, there's two more guys to sneak past in this series of rooms, they should be toward the left side of these rooms, keep crouch-walking straight ahead quickly using cover if needed. In the final room, crouch-walk to the window on the left. To you now left is the rest of the hall you just bypassed. Just within your field of vision on the left is a guy crouching behind cover. To your right is the exit to Ellie and a long row of sandbags in front of it with two guys behind them. Toss a smoke bomb right on top of the guy to your left to obscure the door to the rest of the hall, and this will cause the two guys on the right to pop out of cover. How you deal with them is up to you, I threw a molotov between them, though another smoke bomb or a nail bomb works just as well. When they're dealt with, hop through the window and over the sandbags through the door without delay.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Ok I skipped grounded and started survivor instead and I have kept all you're replies in mind for when I get to the last chapter again, can't believe I started it on grounded when there ain't even a trophy for it, I should of looked more properly sigh, does survivor mode have checkpoints and more ammo than grounded?, By the way I've done the main story on grounded twice and that was a pain in the ass espically the hospital, so frustrating! molotov killed those last two fucks at the door and I thought getting through that level was hard until I played the last chapter of the left behind DLC, the first lot was hard to kill, it was a surprise to me to see another lot haha nice one naughty dog :lol:

Edited by wrafix

If you have finished the base game on Grounded then I don't really can tell you anything new that would help your playing. And by the way, is there even Grounded-mode on Left Behind? I mean I played it on Survivor because that's what you need for the trophies.

Yes there is but it was a mistake of me to start it :P

Ok I skipped grounded and started survivor instead and I have kept all you're replies in mind for when I get to the last chapter again, can't believe I started it on grounded when there ain't even a trophy for it, I should of looked more properly sigh, does survivor mode have checkpoints and more ammo than grounded?, By the way I've done the main story on grounded twice and that was a pain in the ass espically the hospital, so frustrating! molotov killed those last two fucks at the door and I thought getting through that level was hard until I played the last chapter of the left behind DLC, the first lot was hard to kill, it was a surprise to me to see another lot haha nice one naughty dog :lol:

Never did Left Behind on Grounded so I wouldn't know about ammo, but there's no new checkpoints between the different difficulties. Survivor typically has more ammo and supplies than Grounded, but not by much. You'll want to have at least 5-6 arrows, as many 9mm rounds as you can manage (usually 4 or 5 in Survivor if you didn't use them), a brick or bottle, a nail bomb, a health kit, and hopefully a molotov. If you can stealth your way through the DLC up to that point, you'll have all of that, plus whatever rifle rounds the hunters drop during the battle. Another secret is that if you die during the second wave, don't pause during the death cinematic and reset from the last checkpoint, just let yourself die. The game will put you back right in front of the yogurt shop at the start of the second wave to try again. Resetting from the last checkpoint will put you back at the very beginning of the first wave. The key to surviving the battle is to get back up to the upper floor in one piece during the 2nd wave to hide and heal, then use the planters in that back area where you started to get the drop on the hunters (this is the same area where you entered the pharmacy at the beginning of the DLC). By then you should've gotten back some arrows between the waves, so when you get back there you can watch them chase you down the hall and shoot them from afar with arrows and 9mm rounds. But be smart about it, if there's two coming at you, waste one with ammo, then brick the other and shank him. Two should only follow you back there, with the rest closer to the escalator looking for you, which you can then use stealth to kill if possible. Don't hang out in that 2 story store for long during the 2nd wave, because it's easy to get surrounded there.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

Never did Left Behind on Grounded so I wouldn't know about ammo, but there's no new checkpoints between the different difficulties. Survivor typically has more ammo and supplies than Grounded, but not by much. You'll want to have at least 5-6 arrows, as many 9mm rounds as you can manage (usually 4 or 5 in Survivor if you didn't use them), a brick or bottle, a nail bomb, a health kit, and hopefully a molotov. If you can stealth your way through the DLC up to that point, you'll have all of that, plus whatever rifle rounds the hunters drop during the battle. Another secret is that if you die during the second wave, don't pause during the death cinematic and reset from the last checkpoint, just let yourself die. The game will put you back right in front of the yogurt shop at the start of the second wave to try again. Resetting from the last checkpoint will put you back at the very beginning of the first wave. The key to surviving the battle is to get back up to the upper floor in one piece during the 2nd wave to hide and heal, then use the planters in that back area where you started to get the drop on the hunters (this is the same area where you entered the pharmacy at the beginning of the DLC). By then you should've gotten back some arrows between the waves, so when you get back there you can watch them chase you down the hall and shoot them from afar with arrows and 9mm rounds. But be smart about it, if there's two coming at you, waste one with ammo, then brick the other and shank him. Two should only follow you back there, with the rest closer to the escalator looking for you, which you can then use stealth to kill if possible. Don't hang out in that 2 story store for long during the 2nd wave, because it's easy to get surrounded there.

Appreciate it, I just hope my survivor playthrough won't be as punishing.

For the first segment as soon as you enter the hospital stealth all the way to the guy that stands behind a light if a machine gun, look for a balcony in the left of him and proceed to the next hall where those three guys comes to check it out, wait for then to pass through hiding behind the desk on the right. Run straight to the door where the guys slams the door and run though it :)

Then a chill moment and the supposed hard one comes in. Is possible to go all the way to Ellie :)xD without shooting a single round. Crouch walk all the way to the back avoiding the search lights and throw 2 smoke bombs in the door to proceed, one in the middle and the other in front of the door, just walk past then and SAVE Ellie xD

And ah just to make everything even more worthwhile, wait for the doctors to beg for their lives and give then mercy giving then a quick and delicious spray of fire if the flamethrower and watch then burn.

There you go, hopefully it helps, hahaha :)

As you see after everything you did, it won't be for nothing

Hospital? You misread the title, I guess? I believe she is talking about the Left Behind dlc, although I really enjoyed your medical punishment and would love to see it come to life...

The fact that Ellie has a knife (why in the world does Joel not, by the way???) is the key thing for Left Behind. You can kill most enemies by throwing something to stun them, then knifing them, even in the last chapter. Just hide and move around until you can get one of them separated from the others.