Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Gameplay

Is it just me, or do the animations look a bit rubbish? The skater seems to snap onto objects when he starts grinding them, no smoothness at all. Safe to say I won't be buying this, I played the original to death when I was younger, no point reinvesting my time into it.

Is it just me, or do the animations look a bit rubbish? The skater seems to snap onto objects when he starts grinding them, no smoothness at all. Safe to say I won't be buying this, I played the original to death when I was younger, no point reinvesting my time into it.

Yea, the animations look absolutely horrible. They should take a few more months to polish those and then release the nostalgia trip that this game will be.

The graphics look good though :P

• Like 1

That's exactly what the games were like in the first place.

If you're looking for a completely improved skating gaming experience, why not get one of the Skate games or something built from the ground up for this generation. The biggest point of it is really the nostalgia, the HD graphics and whatnot are really just bonus.

• Like 1

Because then it wouldn't have the same feel like the classics did.

Animations don't change the feel of a game though, game physics do. Like I said, only simple changes need to be made, Sonic Generations and Halo: Anniversary both had reworked animations, I don't see why this game can't either.

Animations don't change the feel of a game though, game physics do. Like I said, only simple changes need to be made, Sonic Generations and Halo: Anniversary both had reworked animations, I don't see why this game can't either.

Agree to disagree? Oh and did you play the games on the PS1?

Well, Sonic Generations wasn't a HD re-release of anything... it was just a new Sonic game. Right? I've never actually played it lol.

Agree to disagree? Oh and did you play the games on the PS1?

Agreed, and yes I did, why'd you ask? :P

Well, Sonic Generations wasn't a HD re-release of anything... it was just a new Sonic game. Right? I've never actually played it lol.

Well all the stages were in previous Sonic games and the gameplay is the same, so I consider it a remake. :)

• 3 months later...

So the official release date for XBLA is July 18th for this game, but since it's a Summer of Arcade exclusive, it won't come out for at least a month later for PSN. Bummed, but I suppose I can wait. Glad it's got an official release date though. Also it's 1200 MSP which is $15.

Source: http://majornelson.com/2012/06/19/summer-of-arcade-dates-and-prices-2/

Edited by TehCro