Problems upgrading device to 2TB

GoldenShaka

For starters, yes i went to sony support, the most interesting was that they told me that is not possible to upgrade the system to 2TB because that will fry the console, so no help there.

Ok, here are the steps I followed:

Formatted my thumb drive with windows 7 to exFAT. (no option for FAT32)
Created the folders PS4/UPDATE and download it the file (the big one 800mb) from Sony website.
Installed the thumb drive and ps4 controller.
Went to Safe mode.
Chosen option 7. Initialize PS4 (reinstall system software)
and got code SU-30649-2.

After some searching i found one person (similar situation but last year) which thinks that due the last update is a patch and not a big file then system always ask for the last or higher: in this case 2.03, but as we know the big file is 2.02, so it was his guess and now mine, that:
I have to wait till the next big file or
(and this is the big question of my comment)
There’s a way to format the ps4?  so it won’t ask for the 2.03 or higher file and it will accept my 2.02.
Or do you have another solution? :/
Thanks

I got stumped for a while doing this, getting an error message saying that it couldn't find the restore file, until I realised my USB device probably belonged in a museum. I luckily had a more modern USB drive to hand and, when I used that with the same folders and file, it worked.

Also, if you can't find the big file for 2.03 then that may also be the problem. I got mine from terminalgamer.com (just do a google search for "terminalgamer.com PS4 2.03") and they have both the small patch and the full file for release 2.03.

Sony support are clearly on the same platform as the Apple "Geniuses". My 2TB went in last week and works perfectly.

http://terminalgamer.com/2014/12/03/ps4-system-update-v-2-03-live-now-download-link-wchangelog/

The above should give you the full 2.03 file (sorry, wasn't letting me post that earlier)