Atatatatatatatatatatatatatata! Help

jemmie

I've been going for the Atatatatatatatatatatatatatata! trophy for hours and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Here are the methods I tried:

• Have one finger pressing each face button
  • Have one thumb on two face buttons and the other thumb on the other two
  • Have one thumb press all four face buttons
  • Slide across the face buttons with my sleeve
  • Mash the buttons with my palm
  • Punch the buttons (this was slightly painful)
  • Mash the buttons with a paperweight
  • Slide across the buttons with a water bottle
  • Slide across the buttons with a water bottle cap
  • Slide across the buttons with a bowl
  • Put a sock on my hand and slide across the buttons with a sock
  • Use a DJ Hero turntable and have one finger for each button
  • Use a DJ Hero turntable and slide across the buttons with my palm
  • Use a DJ Hero turntable and slide across the buttons with a water bottle
  • Have two people mash buttons on a DJ Hero turntable at once, one person using the turntable and the other using the face buttons

None of these methods have given me over 5 hits. For all of these methods, I had each character on opposite sides of the screen as far away from each other as possible and paused as soon as the critical heart started so that I would already be mashing buttons when the move started. Am I doing something wrong? Any tips on how to get this trophy (without using a turbo controller) would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Bottle cap method is useless. I also tried this several times but I didn't get more than 6 hits. 

Take a two-liter bottle and turn it upside down (you need to hold it tight). Do Akane's special and pause right after this move. Finally, slide the face buttons across the bottom of the bottle as fast as possible. I assure you that's the best way to perform this on dualshock 3 (if I remember correctly it tooks me only two tries).

• Like 1

Bottle cap method is useless. I also tried this several times but I didn't get more than 6 hits. 

Take a two-liter bottle and turn it upside down (you need to hold it tight). Do Akane's special and pause right after this move. Finally, slide the face buttons across the bottom of the bottle as fast as possible. I assure you that's the best way to perform this on dualshock 3 (if I remember correctly it tooks me only two tries).

Thanks for the tip! I didn't get it yet, but I just got my first 9-hit, so it's only a matter of time.

• 6 months later...

Hello, what exactly do you need to hold and move? you turn the cola bottle upside down (cap on I'm assuming?) Then you slide the bottle across the buttons or you slide the controller across the top of the bottle? I manage to hit 35 a lot with the bottle cap method but can't get her ultimate version, this is the only trophy preventing me from installing the game. 

Hello, what exactly do you need to hold and move? you turn the cola bottle upside down (cap on I'm assuming?) Then you slide the bottle across the buttons or you slide the controller across the top of the bottle? I manage to hit 35 a lot with the bottle cap method but can't get her ultimate version, this is the only trophy preventing me from installing the game. 

Oh I forgot to add that the bottle must be filled. So, all you have to do is hold the bottle firmly in one hand (or literally put it between the knees) and slide the controller across the bottom of the bottle. It may sound a bit weird but that's how I managed to get this trophy without much effort.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the method and it doesn't work for me, I've even ordered a Hori Gem Pad 3 and set all my buttons to 20 times per sec apparently, I've tried holding them all in at the same time, pressing repeatedly and mashing with a bottle cap and the highest I get is 35, sometimes without little effort some times not at all, this is one hell of a stupid trophy and it's bugging me because a friend helped me out with earing the trophy on a different account which I've left for person reasons, so I've completed the game already and I can do everything else, including Flawless Victory and On The Streets and So Forth, but this trophy is annoying as hell and I don't fancy paying god knows how much for a fighting stick just for this trophy. 

Oh I forgot to add that the bottle must be filled. So, all you have to do is hold the bottle firmly in one hand (or literally put it between the knees) and slide the controller across the bottom of the bottle. It may sound a bit weird but that's how I managed to get this trophy without much effort.

Is there any way that you could record this so I can make sure I'm doing it correctly?

• 1 month later...

I finally managed to get this trophy... ON AN ALT ACCOUNT! 

Anyways, I'll install the game on my main profile since I know a somewhat easier method of getting the trophy to pop

Before doing anything go into the controller option and set Arcana (E) to L1. 

Once you activate the move, and pause it, you can slide on the buttons with a bottle cap and keep pressing L1 the same time and hope for the best. I got 35 without trouble using that method and I was lucky to get the 101 hits. I just hope I can do it again on my main profile. 

I used a standard PS3 controller and it was plugged in since it needed to charge. I've had the most luck with the standard controller more than my 2 turbo controllers. 

I hope this helps someone. JWQLBt2.jpg

• Like 1