Performance Issues

Dreakon13

So I snagged a (fairly) cheap digital copy of this off of eBay.  I started it up the other day, and I'm noticing a few things.

First, loooooong load times.  In one case, I swear it took upwards of 5 minutes.  At first I thought it was because the game wasn't entirely downloaded yet but it's definitely complete now and it's still doing it.

Second, framerate drops.  It's rare but it's noticable when it happens.  Of all games to have framerate issues, I wouldn't put Little Big Planet on the list... especially considering the PS4 version doesn't even seem to be all that much better graphically than any of the LBP games... including those before 3.  A little disappointing all around.

Third, I'm at the Ziggurat now.  Doing the level where you're climbing the mechanical dragon thing... and I'm using that hook hat thing... and there's some kind of stutter that's jerking me around.  One second I'm in one spot, the next it's like it fast forwarded me a little further down the line.  It almost feels like lag/latency desyncing, except I'm not playing online and I have that disabled in the Settings.

Am I doing something wrong, or does the game just feel a little underdeveloped?

Edited by Dreakon13

• 2 months later...

I have the disc based version of the game and experience the same issues. It's terrible that a game that does not really demand much from the system gets such poor performance out of current gen hardware.

The loading times are unacceptably long (I have just gone back to playing Rayman Legends, which has NO loading screens), and the framerate drops are really quite irritating considering they only really happen when things get faster and you need to be precise.

Has anybody had this issue and fixed it?

• 4 months later...

It's the game built! the same things you mentioned are also happen on the ps3 version. the long loading screens, same lags when things get too fast. Although, the one you said the game will skip you forward on the dragon thing didn't happen on the ps3 ( atleast for me ) but I got this bug that sometimes when I scale walls on that same level my sack person seem to be spinning at top speed, and when Iet go of the wall he/she will slingshot them self on different directions randomly. lol! Instead of fixing some of the bugs they made a new story DLC, Shame on you Sumo Digital!

Edited by yellowwindow7