Guess the Video Game Music Quiz

MMDE

#3 is Metal Gleamed in the Twilight from Child of Light.

#14 Unmechanical from Unmechanical

#03: Correct! +4

#13: Correct! +8

#15 Rayman (1) The magician's Challange

#15: Correct! +4  :D

Don't know if this is still going, but it's still in your sig, so I guess it is?

Anyway, I actually got one :lol:

#14 is from the Resogun OST, and it's from the 'Decima' stage

#10 also feels familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it

#14: Correct! +4

It is still going on, I just haven't been all that much on myself. Got a new PC, so been setting up that! :)

As for #10, it's from a SNES game. :P

Edited by MMDE

• 4 weeks later...

Long time no see. Few of these last songs do sound familiar but i just can't place any of them. 

Maybe you are willing to throw a bone.

I had some ideas for a quiz that i never made so i might be able to make one after this one is over.

Edited by Winkuru

• 2 weeks later...

I've added new tips.

Long time no see. Few of these last songs do sound familiar but i just can't place any of them. 

Maybe you are willing to throw a bone.

I had some ideas for a quiz that i never made so i might be able to make one after this one is over.

Yeah, long time no see. Of course you can post a new quiz after this one is over. Been on vacation recently etc, so missed someone had posted here. See the new tips for help to figure out the games.

2. From "Hand Of Fate"?

4. Don't know the track for this one either but i think it's from Vagrant Story.

02. Correct! +2

04. Correct! +1

06. Correct! +6

Claim it man. 

https://youtu.be/fGfG8NFEPXY?list=PLCFkL_mbfwe1_bJ7s25drgLH_JGWCjSNQ

Edit: I fail at BB Code.

02: Correct! +2

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, you're evil with #17! I recognized that it sounded like it could be something from Mr. Gimmick, but I have never heard the song before. When I looked for music from Mr. Gimmick so did I find that it is indeed from the game, an unused song! And on top of that so was this game only released in Scandinavia and Japan, not many people have played this great game. :)

Answer to #17: Mr. Gimmick! (song title: Strange Memories of Death)

https://youtu.be/aU0GEcU63qw?t=780

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, you're evil with #17! I recognized that it sounded like it could be something from Mr. Gimmick, but I have never heard the song before. When I looked for music from Mr. Gimmick so did I find that it is indeed from the game, an unused song! And on top of that so was this game only released in Scandinavia and Japan, not many people have played this great game. :)

Answer to #17: Mr. Gimmick! (song title: Strange Memories of Death)

https://youtu.be/aU0GEcU63qw?t=780

Rofl, I forgot about that one being unused in the actual game... haha

#17: Correct! And because it was unused, you get triple points instead of double! +6

Anyways, I posted new tips, and the Vagrant Story track is still to be guessed!

• 2 weeks later...

#10: Urban Strike?

#10: Wrong. You can easily check if it's wrong or not by listening to the soundtrack on youtube. Anyways, this is a far more known and better shmup for SNES. Like usually considered almost the best for SNES.

Edited by MMDE

#12 Sheep, Dog 'n Wolf - ''Space Theme''

#16 Ninja Gaiden - ''Depth of Wickedness'' [5-1, 6-5]

#12: Correct! +8

#16: Correct! +2

Nice!

Now only the Vagrant Story track and the Genesis RPG left. The Genesis RPG track should be quite easy, game is usually in most top 3 RPG lists, of the Genesis.

Now only the Vagrant Story track and the Genesis RPG left. The Genesis RPG track should be quite easy, game is usually in most top 3 RPG lists, of the Genesis.

I looked at some of the big rpg's for the Genesis like Phantasy Star 2 & 4, Shining Force 2 and Beyond Oasis but no luck!

I got the Sheep, Dog 'n Wolf one thanks to the Warner Bro's hint, i instantly remembered a game featuring Wile E. Coyote on the PS1 which i played once round a friends house when i was younger. :D

I looked at some of the big rpg's for the Genesis like Phantasy Star 2 & 4, Shining Force 2 and Beyond Oasis but no luck!

I got the Sheep, Dog 'n Wolf one thanks to the Warner Bro's hint, i instantly remembered a game featuring Wile E. Coyote on the PS1 which i played once round a friends house when i was younger. :D

Well, #11 is from one of the games you just mentioned. Probably the one you the most expect it to be too.

And yeah, Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf is a lot of fun! :)

There's also the Vagrant Story track, which honestly is a pretty easy one because the track sticks out among the rest.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 weeks later...

#4 is ''Golem''

I looked through each of the soundtracks again for the 4 rpg's and still can't find it so i'm giving up for now, good luck to whoever finds it.

#04: This is correct! +1

As for the RPG, it's the first you mentioned. :P

#11 Phantasy Star 2 - ''Under''

#11: Correct! +2

And that wraps this quiz up.

If anyone wants to put up a new quiz, feel free to do so now. :)

Status update. So i started doing the quiz and i got 10/20 done but i'm leaving the rest for later. I had already to replace few songs and the editing can be tiresome so i will most likely post the thing on Friday because i probably can't work on it tomorrow.

Status update. So i started doing the quiz and i got 10/20 done but i'm leaving the rest for later. I had already to replace few songs and the editing can be tiresome so i will most likely post the thing on Friday because i probably can't work on it tomorrow.

That's totally fine. I know how it is! :)

I will try to put together one of my own for afterwards... Since the people on this site generally isn't as good to find more obscure games or older games, I may try to focus on more known games. lol I don't know, it feels weird to me when I make them too easy, when I know I could have easily guessed the entire quiz myself in first listen.

Well i get the feeling too that i made my quizes too easy but often it turned out that it wasn't the really the case. I'm getting pretty strong fleeing that the quiz i'm now about to post is too easy but let's just see  :) (though i'm pretty sure it is)

I'm going to keep thing's simple. 1 point for the game and 1 point for the track. Because i'm not sure about some of the tracks names on this quiz.....only guess

the game on the following tracks 5,15 and 17 and let's make those 2 point's each.

Another thing i want to note that there is few tracks that might sound screechy so don't put volume too high if you are wearing headphones.

6. Gravity Rush - Old Town (DarKNesS_X. 2+)

Pointboard 

DarKNesS_X. 2+

Edited by Winkuru