Guess the Video Game Music Quiz

MMDE

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Winkuru said:

6. FF XI?

15. Secret of Evermore

#6: Crazy enough, this is not the case, and there's only 2 games that match the hint. I guess a nice hint is that it's actually the main composer of the main series.

#11: What you link to is the song minefield in the playlist, but you guessed the correct game! +2

#15: That's correct! +2 :) It's pretty fun he used to work for Square back in the day and now does the soundtracks for the The Elder Scrolls series.

Don't know what happaned there. I did link the correct song but for some reason changed to first one on the playlist. I think Manifold Irons was the correct song.

Results:
#01: Final Fantasy Tactics - ? (jasondm300 +2)
#03: Great first game in a series that is still going strong, but perhaps not as much on Sony consoles anymore.
#05: Game goes by two different names, a handheld game, and the second in the series. Soundtrack credited to two great composers.
#06: MMORPG and a main entry in the company's main series 
#07: Kingdom Hearts 2 - Deep Drive (madbuk +6)
#08: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - ? (jasondm300 +2)
#10: Another game that goes by two different names, and this is a sequel, and the soundtrack for this game is credited to three composers.
#11: Front Mission - ? (Winkuru +2)
#13: First game set in a world some of the other games in this quiz is set. This was a tricky hint, as it doesn't actually go by the same name as the rest of the games in this world. One of the other games in this world has been released on both PS2 and PS4.
#15: Secret of Evermore - ? (Winkuru +2)
#16: Often considered an odd one in the series for it's battle system, but it introduced bigger/multiple character parties. More than one main character permanently dies in this game.
#18: First game in a side series with a completely different battle system and you can actually hook up handheld consoles from before PSP existed to play this game in local MP.
#22: This game has actually been re-released for the Vita with trophies and everything. It's JP only though, and original release was almost 25 years ago.
#24: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope - ? (BuTTBR41N +1)
#26: First game in the series to be released outside Japan in a while.
#27: This game recently had a remaster release with trophies.
#30: This game was completely remastered from scratch for the PS2.
#32: Originally not released in the west, but has now gotten remake releases in the west, part of a very known series.
#33: Legend of Mana - Nostalgic Song (jasondm300 +4)
#34: Final Fantasy IX - ? (Psy-Tychist +1)
#36: Final Fantasy V - Fate in Haze (Winkuru +6)
#37: Final Fantasy XI - (jasondm300 +2)
#38: First game in a long game series, and by one of Square's most famous composers.
#SecretTheme: (J)RPGs by Square (Soft/Enix) (DrHambone +1)

I copied the list here so that is easier to find it. I probably try to guess one or two after writing this.

17 minutes ago, Winkuru said:

Don't know what happaned there. I did link the correct song but for some reason changed to first one on the playlist. I think Manifold Irons was the correct song.

Well, there you quoted my entire quiz post! :D  Anyway, that is the correct song. +2

05. I know that the Final Fantasy Legends (aka Saga) was rebranded but it's not the game in question.

06.Well there's nothing but Dragon Quest online left?

13. This could haven been Vagrant Story but i didn't find the track so i guess not.

22. Romancing Saga 2?

30. Only PS2 remake i can think of is Dragon Quest 5. Doesn't sound like Dragon Quest music but the MMORPG song doesn't really either

Well there's also this for 30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romancing_SaGa#PlayStation_2_version

Edited by Winkuru

2 hours ago, Winkuru said:

05. I know that the Final Fantasy Legends (aka Saga) was rebranded but it's not the game in question.

06.Well there's nothing but Dragon Quest online left?

13. This could haven been Vagrant Story but i didn't find the track so i guess not.

22. Romancing Saga 2?

30. Only PS2 remake i can think of is Dragon Quest 5. Doesn't sound like Dragon Quest music but the MMORPG song doesn't really either

Well there's also this for 30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romancing_SaGa#PlayStation_2_version

#05: Well, it's not the first SaGa game... as the hint says it's not the first, but it is what the hint says it is. ;) Might wanna check out the original soundtrack and not remakes, as that game is available on other consoles now.

#06: It's not a Dragon Quest game. This game has trophies btw... :P 

#13: Well, it is Vagrant Story! It doesn't start like the part you hear in the clip though, that's over a minute into the song, which sounds quite a bit different. +2

#22: Romancing SaGa 2 is correct! +2

#30: Actually this hint is wrong, as it refers to another game in the same series, which is a remake and on PS2. So ignore the remake hint. I should put up something else instead. Just do know that this hint actually match one game, so it's not totally out there. :P But this one makes me want to go through the other hints and make sure. It's been a while since I did so.

Edited by MMDE

@Winkuru I'm confusing myself. I was correct about #30, that is the game that has been remade from scratch on PS2. I was just thinking about the wrong game being the remake. xD But I wasn't wrong about the game having been remade on PS2.

Anyway, updated all the hints.

Quiz can be found at:

Seems you actually gotta click on the vimeo logo in bottom right corner of the video to actually play the video now. At least for me it stays paused when I try to play it, but yeah, clicking the vimeo logo in bottom right opens it up in a new window:

https://vimeo.com/174544561