Guess the Video Game Music Quiz

MMDE

3. Is that a picture of yang?

6. Dragonball Z Budokai 1 - Running to Victory (Is the picture goku fighting frieza?)

#3. Does have Yang in it, but he's not the only one in there. Good guess though.

#6. Nice, that takes care of #6.  Another good guess, but he's fighting another character.

-------------------------------------

I'm going to start putting up hints for the remaining tracks, I'll just deduct 1 point like the last quiz. Almost done though.

If anyone wants to host a quiz after Inc, just send me a PM, and I will put you on the list. At the moment, this list is of course empty, but it's much easier and fairer this way, so no fighting about who gets to post next quiz etc!

#07:

The image must be from the tunnel level, but it's so distorted I can't tell where.

#10:

Counter_Attack_4_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

#11:

Edited by MMDE

If anyone wants to host a quiz after Inc, just send me a PM, and I will put you on the list. At the moment, this list is of course empty, but it's much easier and fairer this way, so no fighting about who gets to post next quiz etc!

#07:

The image must be from the tunnel level, but it's so distorted I can't tell where.

#10:

Counter_Attack_4_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

#11:

Nice, got them all

#7. +3. Good guess on the image, I'll give a big hint since the quiz is pretty much wrapped up, it's promotional art

#10. +4 All correct

#11. +3 You got it

-------------------------------------------

We can skip the last few pics if anyone's going to submit another quiz, don't wan't to hold up dudes since this quiz is pretty much done haha.

• 7 months later...

Alright, I've selected like 20 tracks for a new quiz, so I may be uploading it sometime soon, like tomorrow or something. If anyone else want to do music quizzes, then please just ask, and we should be able to host it here. :)

I'm currently uploading the new quiz, which shouldn't take more than like 6 minutes more or something, but after that I got to wait like 45 minutes for the video to be processed. The quiz will be posted after that, so be ready, because I think some of the easier ones will go pretty soon.

Quiz #10:

Guess the games the soundtracks are from. If you can tell me the name of the song/track as well you will get (an) extra point(s). Sorry for using vimeo instead of youtube. Please don't edit your post a lot, if there is any confusion I'm going to go after the last timestamp. I've also tried to make the songs enjoyable to listen to, sorry if anyone thinks they are too long.

• You get 2 points for guessing the correct game.
  • You get 2 points for guessing the correct track.
  • You will earn 1 point less for each of the following that is true:
    • I have given some kind of official hint about the game, for example what console it is on.

All tracks can be found on youtube (I think lol, long since I checked)!! I will be giving hints at random times, but not before 24 hours have passed.

Enjoy and have fun!  :)

Results:
#02: Hand of Fate - Lucidity (Winkuru +2, Mbm +2)
#04: Vagrant Story - Golem (Winkuru +1, SteelFreaxx +1)
#09: Final Fantasy VIII - The Spy (Meacham93 +4)
#10: Axelay - Silence (Arsenalforever86 +2)
#11: Phantasy Star II - Under (SteelFreaxx +2)
#12: Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf - Space Theme (SteelFreaxx +8)
#14: Resogun - Decima (The Duck King +4)
#16: Ninja Gaiden - Depth of Wickedness (SteelFreaxx +2)

This Round's Leaderboard:
:platinum: Mbm +18
:gold: Ric +16
:silver: SteelFreaxx +13
:bronze: Meacham93 +12

:hidden: Winkuru +9

Ragowit +6

SteelFreaxx +4

OJ9999vr +4

The Duck King +4

Arsenalforever86 +2

MMDE's Total Leaderboard:
:platinum: Winkuru +32
:gold: Mbm +18
:silver: Ric +16
:bronze: soultaker655 +15

:hidden: SteelFreaxx +13

Meacham93 +12

Death +8

Neptune2 +8

jem12345 +6

Inc +6

Ragowit +6

TheFinalEmblem +4

PlutiaCPU +4

SteelFreaxx +4

OJ9999vr +4

The Duck King +4

Arsenalforever86 +2

DarKNesS_X +1

Edited by MMDE

Quiz #10:

Guess the games the soundtracks are from. If you can tell me the name of the song/track as well you will get (an) extra point(s). Sorry for using vimeo instead of youtube. Please don't edit your post a lot, if there is any confusion I'm going to go after the last timestamp. I've also tried to make the songs enjoyable to listen to, sorry if anyone thinks they are too long.

• You get 2 points for guessing the correct game.
  • You get 2 points for guessing the correct track.
  • You will earn 1 point less for each of the following that is true:
    • I have given some kind of official hint about the game, for example what console it is on.

All tracks can be found on youtube (I think lol, long since I checked)!! I will be giving hints at random times, but not before 24 hours have passed.

Enjoy and have fun!  :)

Results:
#01: 
#02: *double points*
#03: 
#04: 
#05: 
#06: *triple points*
#07: 
#08: 
#09: 
#10: 
#11: 
#12: *triple points*
#13: *double points*
#14: 
#15: 
#16: 
#17: *double points*
#18: 
#19: *double points*
#20: 

This Round's Leaderboard:
:platinum:
:gold:
:silver:
:bronze:

:hidden:

MMDE's Total Leaderboard:
:platinum: soultaker655 +15
:gold: Death +8
:silver: Neptune2 +8
:bronze: jem12345 +6

:hidden: Inc +6

TheFinalEmblem +4

PlutiaCPU +4

DarKNesS_X +1

#09 is The Spy - Final Fantasy VIII

• Like 1

Also, the first one is the Tekken 2 intro I think just without the Heihachi mountain climb at the start.

Yeah, none of these sound bits are the full track, but I often let them play for a while for the listeners enjoyment. In any case, you're completely right, the first one is the Tekken 2 intro, which is called Black Winter Night Sky. +4

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

#20 Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley

#20: Correct! :) +4

#7 is the Rock Village Theme from Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Damn you MMDE... So much nostalgia today.

#07: This is correct too! ;) +4

I went with a lot of newer tracks this time. I think 5 of them are available on PS4 where 3 are from this year. :P If my math isn't off I think 12 of them are playable on a PS3.

Edited by MMDE

You made a little mistake in your list. You listed the music for Kirby's Adventure as Green Greens, but it's Green Fields.

They're different tracks :).

Green Greens: https://youtu.be/7kzfvklmq18?t=30m27s

Green Fields: https://youtu.be/7kzfvklmq18?t=1m19s

You used Green Fields in your video :lol:.

I actually used a NES rip and converted to MP3, which wasn't tagged with individual track names. :P I'm actually not sure about the name of the track, but you're correct, Green Greens is another song. :D

EDIT:

In any case, I corrected it. Thanks!

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this is still going, but it's still in your sig, so I guess it is?

Anyway, I actually got one :lol:

#14 is from the Resogun OST, and it's from the 'Decima' stage

#10 also feels familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it

• Like 1