Guess the Video Game Music Quiz

MMDE

12-Trine

13-Assassin's creed 3

12-Trine Trine Main Theme & Crypt of The Damned has almost the same tone

#12: Correct! +2 :)

#13: Correct! +1

Only the track for ACIII left then!

Also, is there anyone who wants to host a quiz themselves?

13-Assassin's Creed 3 Trouble in Town

#13: I think you know what one isn't correct, but I totally get why you didn't find a better matching. I should point out that it's not from the soundtrack CD, it's taken from a gamerip.

I made a quick one for the thread a little while ago if you want me to put it up, or if anybody's interested. Hosted it on Vimeo as well if that's cool and it follows the same kind of template as the 1st video.

That'd be cool, though, I'd love for someone to just get the last track first. It's really not that hard with the hints given (it's not from the official soundtrack CD, but it's from a gamerip that's easy to find). :P If nobody gets it by tomorrow, I will close the quiz and you can put up yours afterwards. :)

#13 is the regular chasing theme from Assassin's creed 3  :P

Just platt'd the game so it's fresh in my mind  xD

#13: Correct! +1 :)

Yup, just the normal chase theme, so not really that hard of a track to guess/remember. :P

That wraps this quiz up, and you can see the results in the first post.

I made a quick one for the thread a little while ago if you want me to put it up, or if anybody's interested. Hosted it on Vimeo as well if that's cool and it follows the same kind of template as the 1st video.

You can post a new quiz whenever you want now then. :)

• Like 1

Alright

I'm thinking the points distributed will be something like this:

- 1 for guessing the correct game

- 2 for getting the correct title track

- 1 for deciphering which pics I used for the games (Optional)

Hoping I didn't make it too easy, kinda just put it together real fast the other day

#1. ~ No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - Sling Shot (Skelter Helter Theme) (Soultaker655 +3)

#2. ~ Revenge of Shinobi - China Town (MMDE +3) (Death +1) [Pic Deciphered]

#3. ~ Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - Chun Li Theme/China Vox (DEMON +3)

#4. ~ Rayman 2 - King of the Teensies (PlutiaCPU +3)

#5. ~ Wario Land 4 - Hall of Hieroglyphs (MMDE +4) [Pic Deciphered]

#6. ~ Dragonball Z Budokai 1 - Battle Theme (Running to Victory) (Soultaker655 +3)

#7. ~ Gunstar Heroes - Empire - The Final Assault (MMDE +2)

#8. ~ Metroid Fusion - Serris X Boss Theme (Soultaker 655 +4) [Pic Deciphered]

#9. ~ Viewtiful Joe - Captain Blue's Theme (Soultaker 655 +4) [Pic Deciphered]

#10. ~ Dynasty Warriors 4 - Straight Ahead (MMDE +3) [Pic Deciphered]

#11. ~ Tekken 3 - Bryan Fury (Theme) (MMDE +2)

#12. ~ Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - Bros. Victory. (Soultaker655 +3)

#13. ~ F-Zero X - Fall down to the Scream (MMDE +3) (Death +1) [Pic Deciphered]

#14. ~ Sonic CD - Quartz Quadrant Zone Present  (DEMON +1) (Soultaker655 +2) (MMDE +1) [Pic Deciphered]

#15. ~ Yoshi's Island - Castle and Fortress (DarKNesS_X +3) (MMDE +1) [Pic Deciphered]

#16. ~ Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner - Vic Viper Boss Battle theme (Soultaker655 +3)

------------------------------------------------

Update:

- HINTS NOW ADDED

-----------------------------------------------------

Soultaker655 - 22

MMDE - 19

DEMON - 4

DarKNesS_X - 3

PlutiaCPU - 3

Death - 2

Edited by Inc

#01: I'm guessing it's from an rpg. xD

#02: This sounds like it's from a Shinobi game, might even be Revenge of Shinobi. xD Might just be the same composer, but I'm rather confident it's from Genesis / Mega Drive.

#06 is from a rather new Donkey Kong game or Smash Bros or something like that. :P

#07 I'm just going to guess it's from a shmup. :o

#11 Another one that sounds like it's from either a shmup or flying racing game.

#13 Perhaps F-Zero X?

#15 Majora's Mask, or maybe some other N64 game. :(

Edited by MMDE

Now I remember !

#15 sounds very similar to the song of storms from Ocarina Of Time, but it's actually the castle theme from Yoshi's Island isn't it ?

I also seem to remember #11 but I just don't know from where yet.

#15:

So yeah, that it is. Same composer though. :)

It actually has parts of the melody of two Zelda songs in it.

#13:

#02:

#05:

#07: Must be Genesis / Mega Drive, but if I think it's a shmup... oh there's so many to pick from!

#11: I know this one too, but I just can't place it. It gives me the racing feeling though. >_<

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

#2: 'China Town' from The Revenge of Shinobi. The picture used is the cover of the game.

#13: 'Fall down to the Scream' (AKA Fire Field) from F-Zero X. The picture used is the cover of the game.

Aww, kinda sucks I snagged those right before you then, but you are right! The edit date was to add my thoughts on 07 and 11. :o I still know I've heard 11 before! >_<

I think it's a shmup or something, like the music in the menu between two levels or something.

Edited by MMDE

Alright soooo

#01: I'm guessing it's from an rpg. xD

#02: This sounds like it's from a Shinobi game, might even be Revenge of Shinobi. xD Might just be the same composer, but I'm rather confident it's from Genesis / Mega Drive.

#06 is from a rather new Donkey Kong game or Smash Bros or something like that. :P

#07 I'm just going to guess it's from a shmup. :o

#11 Another one that sounds like it's from either a shmup or flying racing game.

#13 Perhaps F-Zero X?

#15 Majora's Mask, or maybe some other N64 game. :(

#15:

So yeah, that it is. Same composer though. :)

It actually has parts of the melody of two Zelda songs in it.

#13:

#02:

#05:

#07: Must be Genesis / Mega Drive, but if I think it's a shmup... oh there's so many to pick from!

#11: I know this one too, but I just can't place it. It gives me the racing feeling though. >_<

#1 nope, I could kinda see that, but it's not an RPG

#6 nope, something way different

#7 and #11 nah, though they sound like they could've been

So far though you got #2, #5, #13, and #15

Darkness guessed Yoshi's Island first, so I'll give em' the point for that

#2: 'China Town' from The Revenge of Shinobi. The picture used is the cover of the game.

#13: 'Fall down to the Scream' (AKA Fire Field) from F-Zero X. The picture used is the cover of the game.

I'll give both of you the points for those. Death gets the 2 for getting the pics right as well.

#3 is Chun-Li's theme (China Theme) from Street Fighter III.

#14 is from Sonic although just can't put my finger on which game it's exactly from (I think it may be CD), or what stage it was used in.

#3 Correct on that

#14 Also correct on Sonic. You're on the money with the game all you're missing is the stage.

the number 4-Rayman 2 King of the Teensies 

#4 Correct dude

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also do remember to try and take a stab at the pics as well if you want, not all of them are covers

Edited by Inc
  • Like 1

1. No more heroes 2- Sling shot (Skelter Helter theme).  (I think the picture is Travis slashing at something.)

6. It's one of the Dragonball Z Budokai games battle themes. (I think the picture is goku in kaioken form.)

8. Metroid Fusion - Serris X Boss Theme. (I think the picture is the SA-X)

9. Viewtiful Joe - Captain Blue's Theme. (I think the picture is the Viewtiful Joe logo) 

12. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - Bros. Victory. (I think the picture is one of the level in the game, but I can't tell which one.)

14. Sonic CD - Quartz Quadrant Zone Present. (I think the picture is sonic.)

16. Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner - Vic Viper Boss Battle theme. (I think the picture is Dingo.)

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 2

So far though you got #2, #5, #13, and #15

Darkness guessed Yoshi's Island first, so I'll give em' the point for that

Corrections on:

#15: Just going to point out that I shouldn't get any points for Yoshi Island, DarKNesS_X guessed both game and song right IMO. I just found it to confirm.

#13: Also, Death shouldn't get full points for this one. I guessed the game 3 hours before he posted in an earlier post, the edit date shows that clearly.

#11 still bothers me majorly. Maybe the composer of the song could be Yoko Shimomura?

#04: Might be this image:

19427-rayman-2-the-great-escape-dreamcas

I'm still sad to this day that they scrapped what they had worked on for Rayman 2 (was going to be like the first, which I would have loved) and made the Rayman 2 gave we know today instead. Rayman just never came close again to it's greatness of the first game. :(

#05:

gfs_44445_2_1.jpg

#14:

Perhaps?

sonic_cd_wallpaper__2560x1600__by_sonitl

#15:

YoshisIsland--article_image.jpg

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Corrections on:

#15: Just going to point out that I shouldn't get any points for Yoshi Island, DarKNesS_X guessed both game and song right IMO. I just found it to confirm.

#13: Also, Death shouldn't get full points for this one. I guessed the game 3 hours before he posted in an earlier post, the edit date shows that clearly.

Eh, you're right, I'll adjust points. I saw edits and went "eh, screw it I'll give it to them both" haha, but it's whatev I'll fix it.

---------------------------

Images for 5, 14, and 15 are right, the Rayman one though is close, but not the right one.

so +3

Also #11 is a different composer

---------------------------------------------

1. No more heroes 2- Sling shot (Skelter Helter theme).  (I think the picture is Travis slashing at something.)

6. It's one of the Dragonball Z Budokai games battle themes. (I think the picture is goku in kaioken form.)

8. Metroid Fusion - Serris X Boss Theme. (I think the picture is the SA-X)

9. Viewtiful Joe - Captain Blue's Theme. (I think the picture is the Viewtiful Joe logo) 

12. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - Bros. Victory. (I think the picture is one of the level in the game, but I can't tell which one.)

14. Sonic CD - Quartz Quadrant Zone Present. (I think the picture is sonic.)

16. Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner - Vic Viper Boss Battle theme. (I think the picture is Dingo.)

SPOT ON for a lot of these, dude

1. +3, right on the game and track, the pic does have Travis and he is slashing at something, but he's not the only one in there.

6. +1, it is one of the Budokai's and it is one of the Battle themes, but which Budokai and which battle theme? Also, you're kinda close with the pic, but no Kaioken'ing going on.

8. +4, everything here is correct.

9. +4, correct here too

12. +3, game and title are correct. The pic is one of the areas you visit, this one is a bit harder to decipher I'll admit.

14. +2, on the track name, since DEMON guessed the game.

16. +3, Nice on this one, good guess on the pic, but it's actually someone else.

-----------------------------

If any other corrections need to be made let me know.

Edited by Inc