Critical Mode Trophy -_-

Don't flatter yourself kid, I call that to everyone, it's a little quirk of mine and comes with age.

And don't worry, you'll gain such a view of the world once you spend a few more years in it ;)

I'm the loser and yet you're the one that came into a internet forum about video games to rant about someone being mean to someone else lol Get over yourself kid, we're all losers in here, you just have to be proud about it. But don't worry, again, it comes with age ;)

"We're all losers in here" is probably the best quote that will be said this year by anyone xD

• Like 1

So imma rant for a bit here... 

After playing through Terra and Aqua on normal, and mid-way through Ventus on normal, I find out that to get the critical trophy you have to beat ALL 3 CHARACTERS ON CRITICAL. THAT TROPHY DESCRIPTION IS REALLY MISLEADING.

I was gonna do all 3 on normal, then whichever I found to be the easiest, do on Critical afterwards, but nooooooo. Now I need to replay ALL OF THEM.

The only advantage to this is that now I have easier save files to get collectables in and battle the hardest bosses. Still, not worth the extra 20 hours or however long my total play time is at -_-

I swear, once I platinum this game, I'm breaking this disc, recycling it into a new one, and breaking that one as well. I like Kingdom Hearts, but this is f**king ridiculous. HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY "BEAT ALL CHARACTERS AND POST-ENDINGS ON CRITICAL"? The description says "Clear game on Critical". THIS DOES NOT IN ANY WAY CLEARLY IMPLY THAT YOU HAVE TO CLEAR THE GAME WITH ALL 3 CHARACTERS ON CRITICAL. 

At this rate, KH 3 will come out before I plat this game.

Edit: So people seem to be pointing out that breaking the disc would be a bad idea. I should clarify, that was a joke and simply an expression of frustration at the fact that the platinum is now going to take significantly longer. I'm not actually going to break my disc, nor am I even significantly mad. Initially, yeah, cause it's like "Well look at all the time I wasted! *gestures to total play time*" but now it's just like "Dammit, gotta do it all again. This sucks. Oh well." I love KH and would never break the game, or any game for that matter. It's just a video game, one which cost money, and so it really wouldn't be sensible to break it out of anger. If I hated a game that much, which definitely isn't this game, I'd sell it.

Basically, no worries, I'm not breaking anything, and I don't need to see anyone for help :P

Edit 2: Alright, so it wasn't misleading to a lot of people. But a lot isn't everyone, and there were others mislead as well. While the description isn't misinforming (as in telling the wrong requirements), I feel it isn't being 100% clear as to what the requirements are. I mean, it says them, but it can be interpreted in different ways. 

Also, this thread was just started as a little fun thing, and to see if anyone else agreed. No need to be taking this overly seriously and proving one side of the point or another. Sorry if I set the tone that way upon my initial post. My natural tendency is to yell 95% of what I say, so I didn't mean for this to become a serious thing.

Be fun and happy and stuff! Why can't y'all just post... like... pictures of kitties and stuff? *waits for next person to post a cat meme*

It says "Clear The Game On Critical." How is that misleading, am I missing something? Plus, you do not need to be breaking anything in-half due to not starting on Critical. You should be lucky that they do not make you get all the Keyblades like in the first game, then to get upset over a simple difficulty trophy. Personally, you can beat all the bosses, secrets included, on Critical mode. This is how I look at it: the more health you have, you tend to careless about getting hit, versus having barely any to begin with. Lastly, you also have to beat the Final and Secret episodes for it to even unlock, not just beating all three stories on Critical. 

Edited by x410xDragon

It says "Clear The Game On Critical." How is that misleading, am I missing something? Plus, you do not need to be breaking anything in-half due to not starting on Critical. You should be lucky that they do not make you get all the Keyblades like in the first game, then to get upset over a simple difficulty trophy. Personally, you can beat all the bosses, secrets included, on Critical mode. This is how I look at it: the more health you have, you tend to careless about getting hit, versus having barely any to begin with. Lastly, you also have to beat the Final and Secret episodes for it to even unlock, not just beating all three stories on Critical. 

Yeah, we cleared this up already :P Don't worry, I wasn't going to break anything in half. I was just expressing my frustration because now I need to beat all three characters stories AGAIN which is just gonna take more time. I said before that I guess it wasn't as much misleading as it was just a bit unclear. I understand that a lot of people knew what it meant by "the game" but there were some who didn't, such as myself. But, as someone pointed out earlier, when compared to other trophy descriptions, it's clear what "the game" is considered (all stories) so that was something I overlooked, which was my fault.

And is getting all the keyblades really that hard? I have yet to beat KH1 so I have no idea, but it doesn't sound like anything too difficult. Just a lot of boss fights and synthesis, is it not?

• Like 1

Yeah, we cleared this up already :P Don't worry, I wasn't going to break anything in half. I was just expressing my frustration because now I need to beat all three characters stories AGAIN which is just gonna take more time. I said before that I guess it wasn't as much misleading as it was just a bit unclear. I understand that a lot of people knew what it meant by "the game" but there were some who didn't, such as myself. But, as someone pointed out earlier, when compared to other trophy descriptions, it's clear what "the game" is considered (all stories) so that was something I overlooked, which was my fault.

And is getting all the keyblades really that hard? I have yet to beat KH1 so I have no idea, but it doesn't sound like anything too difficult. Just a lot of boss fights and synthesis, is it not?

I am sorry if that sounded a bit harsh, on my part.  :P  The story will only take you 15 hours minimum for each in my opinion if you have everything else. Some of the Keyblades, Shields, and Staffs were annoying to get if you ask me. Some like the Wizard Staff and the Defender Shield are extremely luck-based, but you can farm Defenders so it should come in time. 

I am sorry if that sounded a bit harsh, on my part.  :P  The story will only take you 15 hours minimum for each in my opinion if you have everything else. Some of the Keyblades, Shields, and Staffs were annoying to get if you ask me. Some like the Wizard Staff and the Defender Shield are extremely luck-based, but you can farm Defenders so it should come in time. 

It's all good man :) Also, you say 15 hours X3 like it's nothing!!! How much free time do you have on your hands? xD

And great, luck based drops. Nothing I love more! 

P.S. That's complete sarcasm. Luck based drops are annoying AF -_-

I can totally see why anyone would find a smidgen of ambiguity and frustration, in that particular trophy's context ÷L

Thank you my friend! It's nice when people understand me :P

• Like 1

It's all good man :) Also, you say 15 hours X3 like it's nothing!!! How much free time do you have on your hands? xD

And great, luck based drops. Nothing I love more! 

P.S. That's complete sarcasm. Luck based drops are annoying AF -_-

Well, it took me awhile to beat the game itself. I was just saying that only because that is how long it took me + plus trying to figure out how to play the game since I never played the PSP version. If I played the PSP version, it may have been shorter, but then again I do not know. Anything luck-based in my opinion adds +1 to difficulty in my book. Then again, some are luckier than others as some get it naturally while I had to farm for the Defender shield for Goofy. I got lucky with the Wizard Staff as it dropped for me on my first encounter with the Wizard Heartless. 

• Like 1

Actually StormRacer.. When the Trophy List came out back in October I thought the same thing as you and i've been getting trophies for a while now.. Technically a game is over once the credits roll, isn't it? It should be specified that it meant clear everything in critical, which it does not say.. To the person that said that you should have known because of the other character trophies: Are you serious? Ever heard that some trophies stack?

But what I did is dig up every single bit of info i could find back when there was no guide to this game because one hadn't been made. I used this site to see people's trophies on this game and i ALWAYS saw that they had the critical trophy after beating all 3 playthroughs, final episode and secret episode. That's the only reason why I started playing on critical.

So the moral of the story, my friend, is never jump into an RPG (or any game for that matter) that you want to platinum, without a little bit of a background check. Indeed there were people being egotistical jerks about this but hey, it's the internet.  Hope you're on vacation and didn't lose a lot of time!!

Have a good one!

Actually StormRacer.. When the Trophy List came out back in October I thought the same thing as you and i've been getting trophies for a while now.. Technically a game is over once the credits roll, isn't it? It should be specified that it meant clear everything in critical, which it does not say.. To the person that said that you should have known because of the other character trophies: Are you serious? Ever heard that some trophies stack?

But what I did is dig up every single bit of info i could find back when there was no guide to this game because one hadn't been made. I used this site to see people's trophies on this game and i ALWAYS saw that they had the critical trophy after beating all 3 playthroughs, final episode and secret episode. That's the only reason why I started playing on critical.

So the moral of the story, my friend, is never jump into an RPG (or any game for that matter) that you want to platinum, without a little bit of a background check. Indeed there were people being egotistical jerks about this but hey, it's the internet.  Hope you're on vacation and didn't lose a lot of time!!

Have a good one!

Seriously, the trophy clearly says "Clear Game on Critical", GAME, not "Clear one character story on Critical" and while some credits appear when you finish one character story anyone that has ever played a game in his life would notice those credits are incomplete, the actual credit roll appears after you finish the Final Episode, it's even called "Final" for crying out loud, it's ok if you never played the game before and don't know about the different episodes, but if that was the case you would do one of 2 things: Decide you only want to do one playthrough and start on Critical, or decide you'll do 2 and do normal first and go back to it again for Critical. On the first option you realize that you didn't get the trophy and find out you actually need to do all characters and the Final Episode, no harm done. For the second option you find out the other charaters have different stories so you need those 2, and because you already decided to 2 playthroughs anyway no harm done.

Bottom line is, could they have word it a bit differently like "Complete every episode on Critical" or something like that? Yes they could. But is the Trophy information incorrect? No, it's not, they say exactly what you need to do to unlock it, and that is to COMPLETE the game.

Seriously, the trophy clearly says "Clear Game on Critical", GAME, not "Clear one character story on Critical" and while some credits appear when you finish one character story anyone that has ever played a game in his life would notice those credits are incomplete, the actual credit roll appears after you finish the Final Episode, it's even called "Final" for crying out loud, it's ok if you never played the game before and don't know about the different episodes, but if that was the case you would do one of 2 things: Decide you only want to do one playthrough and start on Critical, or decide you'll do 2 and do normal first and go back to it again for Critical. On the first option you realize that you didn't get the trophy and find out you actually need to do all characters and the Final Episode, no harm done. For the second option you find out the other charaters have different stories so you need those 2, and because you already decided to 2 playthroughs anyway no harm done.

Bottom line is, could they have word it a bit differently like "Complete every episode on Critical" or something like that? Yes they could. But is the Trophy information incorrect? No, it's not, they say exactly what you need to do to unlock it, and that is to COMPLETE the game.

Not saying it's incorrect.. maybe you didn't read my post but we're saying the same thing.. as soon as i read it i thought that it could have meant only one character because of the wording but i wasn't sure so i looked it up and played all of them critical on my first run.. Just saying that it's not dumb to maybe think that you could do it with only one player, what's pretty wrong is to not do some research

Not saying it's incorrect.. maybe you didn't read my post but we're saying the same thing.. as soon as i read it i thought that it could have meant only one character because of the wording but i wasn't sure so i looked it up and played all of them critical on my first run.. Just saying that it's not dumb to maybe think that you could do it with only one player, what's pretty wrong is to not do some research

Yup, I should've looked it up first. Lesson learned for the future! :P

• 3 weeks later...

It's not misleading at all, the trophy clearly states that you have to beat the game on Critical, the game doesn't end until you beat the Final Episode, and you can't get that one without finishing each character's story first so no, people just like to jump to conclusions without knowing what they're talking about. And also, no, you can't "assume" that beating one character story is finishing the game.

I know the discussion is more or less over, but I must say that I'm in support of Storm's frustration here - the trophy description is more misleading than you think. The reason why I quoted you here Devil is because it seems you don't know what is required to actually earn the trophy either, which I will show...

In fact, as I just found out, not only do you have to complete all 3 character stories and the Final Episode on Critical, but the Secret Episode as well. Further, what's not even remotely mentioned is that you have to complete it in a specific order. What do I mean? You have to clear things in that order just mentioned - characters, Final, then Secret. There is absolutely no hopping around, and if you do, you won't earn the trophy.

So how did I find this out? Well, I started out on Beginner, cleared all 3, but I didn't finish the Final Episode because it didn't unlock. I was unsure why it didn't unlock, but I figured it may have to do with it being on Beginner (it didn't) - I started Critical up on Terra. As it turns out, it was a Report I was missing in the Arena. So, I finished the game up, reloaded, and got the last Report. Lo and behold, a message pops up saying "You have unlocked the Final Episode". So I start it up, and notice I'm playing from my Aqua data.

Final Episode gets completed, but no trophy - obviously, since it was transferring data from my Aqua file (which was on Beginner) the file was completed as Beginner. So I say to myself "Okay, what if I start Critical with Aqua?" Aqua game gets cleared, get the message again, I load it up, check the Config to see if it's on Critical, and it was. Cleared Final again, no trophy. Message pops up "You have unlocked the Secret Episode". Oh that's cool, might as well clear that too (still no trophy).

So okay, it finally gets to me that I need to finish all 3 characters on Critical. Start up Ven now, cleared it....yet no trophy. So to recap at this point, in this order, this is what I cleared on Critical - Terra, Aqua, Final, Secret, Ven. No trophy awarded. 

"Final Episode" message once more, I save it on a new file, and I start it up for the second time on Critical. What's interesting about it is that since it has loaded my last Aqua save, it loads me up with her using Master Eraquas's keyblade, kind of weird. Cleared it again...no trophy. Move on to the Secret Episode with a new save file, load it up, and oddly enough, despite being a new save, everything has been cleared up to the boss fight. Finally, when I finish the boss off and get to the stat screen, I get the trophy.

The last bit of irony of it is I actually got the "in-game trophy" for clearing it on Proud or higher once I cleared Ven's story.

TLDR version: It's pretty clear to me the person who designed the trophy list didn't even trophy hunt it his/herself, because it's pretty stupid I'm not allowed to clear it the way I want to. I ended up clearing Critical on all 3 characters, the Final Episode TWICE and the Secret Episode TWICE in order to earn it, which says to me "sloppy decision making".

I know the discussion is more or less over, but I must say that I'm in support of Storm's frustration here - the trophy description is more misleading than you think. The reason why I quoted you here Devil is because it seems you don't know what is required to actually earn the trophy either, which I will show...

In fact, as I just found out, not only do you have to complete all 3 character stories and the Final Episode on Critical, but the Secret Episode as well. Further, what's not even remotely mentioned is that you have to complete it in a specific order. What do I mean? You have to clear things in that order just mentioned - characters, Final, then Secret. There is absolutely no hopping around, and if you do, you won't earn the trophy.

So how did I find this out? Well, I started out on Beginner, cleared all 3, but I didn't finish the Final Episode because it didn't unlock. I was unsure why it didn't unlock, but I figured it may have to do with it being on Beginner (it didn't) - I started Critical up on Terra. As it turns out, it was a Report I was missing in the Arena. So, I finished the game up, reloaded, and got the last Report. Lo and behold, a message pops up saying "You have unlocked the Final Episode". So I start it up, and notice I'm playing from my Aqua data.

Final Episode gets completed, but no trophy - obviously, since it was transferring data from my Aqua file (which was on Beginner) the file was completed as Beginner. So I say to myself "Okay, what if I start Critical with Aqua?" Aqua game gets cleared, get the message again, I load it up, check the Config to see if it's on Critical, and it was. Cleared Final again, no trophy. Message pops up "You have unlocked the Secret Episode". Oh that's cool, might as well clear that too (still no trophy).

So okay, it finally gets to me that I need to finish all 3 characters on Critical. Start up Ven now, cleared it....yet no trophy. So to recap at this point, in this order, this is what I cleared on Critical - Terra, Aqua, Final, Secret, Ven. No trophy awarded. 

"Final Episode" message once more, I save it on a new file, and I start it up for the second time on Critical. What's interesting about it is that since it has loaded my last Aqua save, it loads me up with her using Master Eraquas's keyblade, kind of weird. Cleared it again...no trophy. Move on to the Secret Episode with a new save file, load it up, and oddly enough, despite being a new save, everything has been cleared up to the boss fight. Finally, when I finish the boss off and get to the stat screen, I get the trophy.

The last bit of irony of it is I actually got the "in-game trophy" for clearing it on Proud or higher once I cleared Ven's story.

TLDR version: It's pretty clear to me the person who designed the trophy list didn't even trophy hunt it his/herself, because it's pretty stupid I'm not allowed to clear it the way I want to. I ended up clearing Critical on all 3 characters, the Final Episode TWICE and the Secret Episode TWICE in order to earn it, which says to me "sloppy decision making".

First of all you need to clear all 3 characters stories to even unlock the Final Episode, then you need to clear that one too to be able to unlock the Secret Episode, so I don't know why the hell where you expecting to be able to chose the order to play them.

Second you'll need 5 separate save files in your PS3 on the same difficulty, you can't save each one over the same file, that would prevent you from even unlocking the Final Episode, and without that no Secret Episode neither. Not only that but they all have to be in the same difficulty.

Third the ingame trophy clearly states you need to finish each character story in Proud to unlock, not the game, each character, while the actual PS3 trophy staes you have to beat THE GAME.

And an important note, it's possible to unlock the Final Episode by playing each character on different difficulties, as long as you complete the requirements to unlock them on each one. For example, let's say you complete Terra on beginner and complete his report, that means every mini game, boss, command, etc. Then Terra has his requirement done, then you play Ven in normal, the requirement is to have all reports, stickers and the kill 9999 Unversed trophy, you do that so now Ven is done too, you then play Aqua on Critical, only thing you need is the reports so you do that, you'll unlock the Final Episode, then after completing that one you'll unlock the Secret Episode, since both of those Episodes use Aqua's stats they'll be on critical but you won't get the trophy, and you know why? Because you didn't play the ENTIRE GAME on critical.

The description of the trophy is clear, CLEAR THE GAME ON CRITICAL, as in, you need to complete the entire game on critical, and to do that you have to play as Terra, Aqua and Ven on Critical, unlock the Final Episode, save it to a new file and complete it, then unlock the Secret Episode, save to a new file and complete it, that is the entire game, just like the trophy tells you.

Bottom line is, no, the trophy is not misleading, no the guy that decided those trophies didn't do a sloppy job, you just messed up, you just didn't do what they told you to do so the trophy only unlocked when you did what you're supposed to.

First of all you need to clear all 3 characters stories to even unlock the Final Episode, then you need to clear that one too to be able to unlock the Secret Episode, so I don't know why the hell where you expecting to be able to chose the order to play them.

Second you'll need 5 separate save files in your PS3 on the same difficulty, you can't save each one over the same file, that would prevent you from even unlocking the Final Episode, and without that no Secret Episode neither. Not only that but they all have to be in the same difficulty.

Third the ingame trophy clearly states you need to finish each character story in Proud to unlock, not the game, each character, while the actual PS3 trophy staes you have to beat THE GAME.

And an important note, it's possible to unlock the Final Episode by playing each character on different difficulties, as long as you complete the requirements to unlock them on each one. For example, let's say you complete Terra on beginner and complete his report, that means every mini game, boss, command, etc. Then Terra has his requirement done, then you play Ven in normal, the requirement is to have all reports, stickers and the kill 9999 Unversed trophy, you do that so now Ven is done too, you then play Aqua on Critical, only thing you need is the reports so you do that, you'll unlock the Final Episode, then after completing that one you'll unlock the Secret Episode, since both of those Episodes use Aqua's stats they'll be on critical but you won't get the trophy, and you know why? Because you didn't play the ENTIRE GAME on critical.

The description of the trophy is clear, CLEAR THE GAME ON CRITICAL, as in, you need to complete the entire game on critical, and to do that you have to play as Terra, Aqua and Ven on Critical, unlock the Final Episode, save it to a new file and complete it, then unlock the Secret Episode, save to a new file and complete it, that is the entire game, just like the trophy tells you.

Bottom line is, no, the trophy is not misleading, no the guy that decided those trophies didn't do a sloppy job, you just messed up, you just didn't do what they told you to do so the trophy only unlocked when you did what you're supposed to.

Let me start off by correcting you - in order to unlock the Final episode, you need to get all of the Xehanort Reports NOT clear the game with all 3 characters; clearing them is necessary in order to get all but ONE report, which is found in the Arena (which I said). So, for a person like myself who didn't realize he/she missed that one, will NOT unlock the Final episode just by "clearing" them, as you suggest. Secondly, the Secret Episode is done under special conditions which is stated based on the difficulty level - yes, it does get unlocked by simply by finishing the Final episode if you clear it on Critical so yeah, that's 2 inaccurate statements thus far.

So clearly you missed something here, as I stated, I did clear the game on Critical, in this order - Terra, Aqua, Final, Secret, Ven. Is that not completing the entire thing or am I missing something? I have a save file, for each episode, cleared, on Critical - and yet you're still arguing I didn't "complete the game" at that point? The entire purpose of my post was stating that I ended up clearing the Secret and Final twice (on Critical) because it wasn't accurately keeping track of my progress.

It seems to me you need to recheck my post, because I have no idea how that whole paragraph you wrote about completing various stories at various stages (the "important note..." one) holds any relevance to my post. You start out describing the conditions to unlock the Final, but then you manage to weave it into something about this trophy. Seriously, it doesn't make much sense, and I actually wrote how I understood how all the progress is tracked - I did state that it made sense how my initial Final episode save was on Beginner, due to my Aqua save being on Beginner.

All this does is make it potentially confusing to an individual, like myself, who wants to try various difficulties. What exactly was stopping me from logging onto here after my Ven run on Critical and making a post stating "WTF is my game bugged?!?!?~~"? Nothing, because the trophy doesn't indicate that you have to do them in order. You'll make the argument of "Well it's no biggie because that's how you're supposed to play." That much is true, but like I said, it only makes sense if you're starting it for the first time. The fact that you have to do it in order is an oversight by the person who designed the trophies - thus, it's sloppy. They didn't comprehend the fact that a person like myself would start on a lower difficulty, than jump to a higher one.

I do find it so massively interesting how vehemently defensive you are about this however - do you have someone you're related to working for Square or something? Because it doesn't make much sense otherwise. Unless you yourself wrote in the trophies, I don't see how you can't just drop it and be like "Oh, I can see how you made that mistake," or at least try to make some sort of post that doesn't come off as derogatory or condescending. At the end of the day, I think they are morons, not you. I don't know you, and I don't feel that way because you're just voicing an opinion, which is fine. You think they're brilliant, I don't. End of story. The purpose is a discussion to get a better understanding, nothing more.

Anyway, that aside, just for future reference, here's a tip making comments on someone else's posts: Don't say anything negative until you've actually done it yourself. As from what I can tell from your profile, it doesn't even look like you've done it yet.

Let me start off by correcting you - in order to unlock the Final episode, you need to get all of the Xehanort Reports NOT clear the game with all 3 characters; clearing them is necessary in order to get all but ONE report, which is found in the Arena (which I said). So, for a person like myself who didn't realize he/she missed that one, will NOT unlock the Final episode just by "clearing" them, as you suggest. Secondly, the Secret Episode is done under special conditions which is stated based on the difficulty level - yes, it does get unlocked by simply by finishing the Final episode if you clear it on Critical so yeah, that's 2 inaccurate statements thus far.

So clearly you missed something here, as I stated, I did clear the game on Critical, in this order - Terra, Aqua, Final, Secret, Ven. Is that not completing the entire thing or am I missing something? I have a save file, for each episode, cleared, on Critical - and yet you're still arguing I didn't "complete the game" at that point? The entire purpose of my post was stating that I ended up clearing the Secret and Final twice (on Critical) because it wasn't accurately keeping track of my progress.

It seems to me you need to recheck my post, because I have no idea how that whole paragraph you wrote about completing various stories at various stages (the "important note..." one) holds any relevance to my post. You start out describing the conditions to unlock the Final, but then you manage to weave it into something about this trophy. Seriously, it doesn't make much sense, and I actually wrote how I understood how all the progress is tracked - I did state that it made sense how my initial Final episode save was on Beginner, due to my Aqua save being on Beginner.

All this does is make it potentially confusing to an individual, like myself, who wants to try various difficulties. What exactly was stopping me from logging onto here after my Ven run on Critical and making a post stating "WTF is my game bugged?!?!?~~"? Nothing, because the trophy doesn't indicate that you have to do them in order. You'll make the argument of "Well it's no biggie because that's how you're supposed to play." That much is true, but like I said, it only makes sense if you're starting it for the first time. The fact that you have to do it in order is an oversight by the person who designed the trophies - thus, it's sloppy. They didn't comprehend the fact that a person like myself would start on a lower difficulty, than jump to a higher one.

I do find it so massively interesting how vehemently defensive you are about this however - do you have someone you're related to working for Square or something? Because it doesn't make much sense otherwise. Unless you yourself wrote in the trophies, I don't see how you can't just drop it and be like "Oh, I can see how you made that mistake," or at least try to make some sort of post that doesn't come off as derogatory or condescending. At the end of the day, I think they are morons, not you. I don't know you, and I don't feel that way because you're just voicing an opinion, which is fine. You think they're brilliant, I don't. End of story. The purpose is a discussion to get a better understanding, nothing more.

Anyway, that aside, just for future reference, here's a tip making comments on someone else's posts: Don't say anything negative until you've actually done it yourself. As from what I can tell from your profile, it doesn't even look like you've done it yet.

The reason it didn't unlocked for you is simple, it was not created from 3 complete saves on critical, it uses Aqua's stats yes, but it reads Ven's and Terra's files too, and from what you told me Ven's was not completed on Critical yet, that's why you needed to do him first, create a new save for both Final and Secret and only then you got the trophy, because only then you had 3 characters stories, Final Episode and Secret Episode done on Critical on the SAME DAMN SAVE (the game has a hidden save where it tracks what you've done in the whole game, it manages the Trinity Reports and tracks what stories you've done and in what difficulties)

And you get some reports AFTER you finish each character story (Aqua gets VII after her last boss, Ven gets X, and Terra XI) so yes, you'll need to finish each character story to unlock the Final Episode, I never said it was the only thing you had to do, but the fact is, YOU CAN'T UNLOCK FINAL EPISODE WITHOUT FINISHING EACH CHARACTER'S STORY. Also you can't unlock Secret Episode without first finishing Final Episode, again, I never stated it was the only thing you had to do, but again the fact is simple, YOU CAN'T JUST UNLOCK IT WITHOUT FINISHING FINAL FIRST. So I was never wrong, you just made assumptions that I was without even understanding what I was saying. Bottom line is, what I told you is correct, it's not the complete requirements but they are requirements you have to complete to complete the task at hand so they are real information.

And I know perfectly well how to unlock stuff on this game, I've been playing it for years now, because I don't know if you know this but the game was first released on the PSP 5 years ago and even though I've yet to do it on this version I've actualy done it hundreds of times in the past on that one. And no, I don't have anything to do with the game, I just hate when people are confused and state wrong info as fact and just refuse to get inside their tick skull actual facts.

Bottom line (and I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible for you) to unlock the Trophy you have to first complete Terra, Ven and Aqua's stories in Critical and get all Xehanort Reports, then you create a new save for Final Episode, this save will use Aqua's stats but will alse be created with the information that both Ven and Terra's stories where completed on Critical, then by finishing the Final Episode you'll unlock the Secret Episode, again this will use Aqua's stats, but now from the Final Episode instead, and the information that you completed both Terra and Ven's stories in Critical, after this you'll unlock the trophy, because now you've done everything in critical, just like the Trophy description told you to do.

Anyway, that aside, just for future reference, here's a tip about making assumptions about other people's experiences, just because YOU think they tell you stuff with no experience about what they are talking about doesn't mean you're right.

The reason it didn't unlocked for you is simple, it was not created from 3 complete saves on critical, it uses Aqua's stats yes, but it reads Ven's and Terra's files too, and from what you told me Ven's was not completed on Critical yet, that's why you needed to do him first, create a new save for both Final and Secret and only then you got the trophy, because only then you had 3 characters stories, Final Episode and Secret Episode done on Critical on the SAME DAMN SAVE (the game has a hidden save where it tracks what you've done in the whole game, it manages the Trinity Reports and tracks what stories you've done and in what difficulties)

And you get some reports AFTER you finish each character story (Aqua gets VII after her last boss, Ven gets X, and Terra XI) so yes, you'll need to finish each character story to unlock the Final Episode, I never said it was the only thing you had to do, but the fact is, YOU CAN'T UNLOCK FINAL EPISODE WITHOUT FINISHING EACH CHARACTER'S STORY. Also you can't unlock Secret Episode without first finishing Final Episode, again, I never stated it was the only thing you had to do, but again the fact is simple, YOU CAN'T JUST UNLOCK IT WITHOUT FINISHING FINAL FIRST. So I was never wrong, you just made assumptions that I was without even understanding what I was saying. Bottom line is, what I told you is correct, it's not the complete requirements but they are requirements you have to complete to complete the task at hand so they are real information.

And I know perfectly well how to unlock stuff on this game, I've been playing it for years now, because I don't know if you know this but the game was first released on the PSP 5 years ago and even though I've yet to do it on this version I've actualy done it hundreds of times in the past on that one. And no, I don't have anything to do with the game, I just hate when people are confused and state wrong info as fact and just refuse to get inside their tick skull actual facts.

Bottom line (and I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible for you) to unlock the Trophy you have to first complete Terra, Ven and Aqua's stories in Critical and get all Xehanort Reports, then you create a new save for Final Episode, this save will use Aqua's stats but will alse be created with the information that both Ven and Terra's stories where completed on Critical, then by finishing the Final Episode you'll unlock the Secret Episode, again this will use Aqua's stats, but now from the Final Episode instead, and the information that you completed both Terra and Ven's stories in Critical, after this you'll unlock the trophy, because now you've done everything in critical, just like the Trophy description told you to do.

Anyway, that aside, just for future reference, here's a tip about making assumptions about other people's experiences, just because YOU think they tell you stuff with no experience about what they are talking about doesn't mean you're right.

this has very little do with the argument. But I played through everyone's story on proud. I have all the endings and I'm collecting commands for terras journal for the trophy and I'm missing zero exp and a few others. If I get the other commands will my trophy unlock for 100% or do I need to redo everything again on critical to just get the zero exp abilty to appear in my journal. Need confirmation from anyone. Dont feel like doing this again on critical mode...thanks in advance.

this has very little do with the argument. But I played through everyone's story on proud. I have all the endings and I'm collecting commands for terras journal for the trophy and I'm missing zero exp and a few others. If I get the other commands will my trophy unlock for 100% or do I need to redo everything again on critical to just get the zero exp abilty to appear in my journal. Need confirmation from anyone. Dont feel like doing this again on critical mode...thanks in advance.

Zero EXP is not required for report completion.

Zero EXP is needed for the complete reports IF you are on Critical, on other difficulties it's not needed. But if you do that trophy on Critical you won't miss it because you start with it already.

Playing in critical is the way Kingdom Hearts truly shines. The problem here is to complete the reports if all 3 characters, now this is -_- since it requires to get level 30 in the arena if all 3 characters , plus other annoyances. Enjoy this masterpiece in critical xD as for the platinum beware for loads of -_- but not because of critical difficult 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

I also mislead the trophie description, but it was a great surprise to know that I'll have to play trough all campaigns and episodes to unlock it, I mean, my Terra Critical playtrought took me 5 hours and 2 minutes, skipping cutscenes of course, do I deserve the trophie for 5 hours?, NO, also the three campaigns combined sit more or less at the same length as the other KH campaigns, so I think is a fair deal after all.

Sorry, been working the past 6 days, so yeah I'm a bit slow on the reply here.

Anyway, yeah I get all that about what you said. I even understand clearly how the data is managed - I was trying to say it could have been handled better, that's all. That's all the topic is about. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm unsure how you read that. I said I felt it was misleading, this is the reason why - blah blah blah. If there's anyone here who feels someone is "right" and someone is "wrong" it seems to be you, not me. I said you have an opinion about it, as I have mine, and let's leave it at that because it's clearly not going anywhere lol

The last little bit was just some friendly advice - if you haven't done it, regardless of anything you post and how experienced you are or are not....you just kind of look like a troll. Keep doing it and chances are people will just take you less seriously in the future.

I actually considered it a bit further after my last post, but that first paragraph you wrote in your first reply kind of says it to me - in the way you write, you seem to have a tendency to be not quite as informative as you could be as well. Heck you can see the problem in your sentence right here -

"Bottom line is, what I told you is correct, it's not the complete requirements but they are requirements you have to complete to complete the task at hand so they are real information." 

Not only is the statement in bold sounds a little peculiar, but at least you straight-up admitted that you weren't listing everything required....WAIT A MINUTE?!? What is this topic about again?!?! Oh yeah!! It's about the trophy description not being as informative as it could have been.

Again, an opinion, but I just saw some similarities. And yeah, it continues to make further sense when you've mentioned it you've played it so much. Sorry to say, not all of us have, so as one that is part of that group of people playing the first time, I will raise my hand and continue to state that I felt the trophy description was misleading. Emphasis on "I felt" and please understand that no where in that sentence says "I R RIGHT AND EVER1 ELSE IS RONG".