Just finished the game... What should I do?

DesmaBR

So, I just completed the game.

I'm looking to get the platinum, and I'm kinda confused on what should I do next?

Should I level up the forms? work on the cups? maybe complete the gummi ships routes? Charge Terra head-on?

Do whatever you feel comfortable with...if you feel like leveling up and defeating all of the extra bosses, do that.  If you want to do gummi misssions, start on the gummi missions.

Though I have to say by the looks of it, I'm going to go ahead and wish you luck if you are trying to get the plat in this one play through (by the looks of it you completed it on the most difficult mode).

As someone who is doing what you're doing right now. I'd say level up the forms and levels.

The data versions of Org 13 are an eye opener. Larxene spammed a lightning combo of 3 bolts and wiped me at level 70.

Plus Lingering Will is apparently the hardest boss in KH history.....so there's that

As someone who is doing what you're doing right now. I'd say level up the forms and levels.

The data versions of Org 13 are an eye opener. Larxene spammed a lightning combo of 3 bolts and wiped me at level 70.

Plus Lingering Will is apparently the hardest boss in KH history.....so there's that

Hardest in KH2FM? Sure, but can be quite fun once you figure him out.

Hardest in KH history? Let me direct you to the Unknown boss in BBS(FM). Capable of combining different moves because RNG allows him to. Because a lot of his moves become independent of the boss's movement once those attacks begin.

(Tell me what boss should be able to summon lasers... then while those lasers are doing their thing, use Meteor... then while those lasers are STILL doing their thing and the Meteor is STILL COMING DOWN, use Doom... in the span of a few seconds. For that matter, tell me what boss should be able to combine completely unrelated moves at all.)

And then there's No Heart, who refuses to do anything but go ham on the player. (not as bad as Unknown, though)

On topic, I say you should go for Leveling Up (stats and Forms). A lot of things can only be acquired via Growth Abilities, and you can't reach the Organization XIII Data fights without Leveling up certain Forms to a certain point, so there's that.

• Like 3

Hardest in KH2FM? Sure, but can be quite fun once you figure him out.

Hardest in KH history? Let me direct you to the Unknown boss in BBS(FM). Capable of combining different moves because RNG allows him to. Because a lot of his moves become independent of the boss's movement once those attacks begin.

(Tell me what boss should be able to summon lasers... then while those lasers are doing their thing, use Meteor... then while those lasers are STILL doing their thing and the Meteor is STILL COMING DOWN, use Doom... in the span of a few seconds. For that matter, tell me what boss should be able to combine completely unrelated moves at all.)

And then there's No Heart, who refuses to do anything but go ham on the player. (not as bad as Unknown, though)

On topic, I say you should go for Leveling Up (stats and Forms). A lot of things can only be acquired via Growth Abilities, and you can't reach the Organization XIII Data fights without Leveling up certain Forms to a certain point, so there's that.

Thats why I said "Apparently". I haven't played BBS yet. However on a few lists of hardest bosses or hardest KH bosses, Lingering will has almost always been the #1. Of course it all comes down to the player. Some may find others a breeze and it is personal opinion.

So that's where the apparently comes in....

Edited by Kazeh54

Thats why I said "Apparently". I haven't played BBS yet. However on a few lists of hardest bosses or hardest KH bosses, Lingering will has almost always been the #1. Of course it all comes down to the player. Some may find others a breeze and it is personal opinion.

So that's where the apparently comes in....

I doubt those people have really tried BBS Unknown, then.

You can loop Lingering Will to death. His attacks are easily reacted to and dodged once you learn how he works. Obviously, he's still capable of destroying the player, but nowhere near as badly as BBS Unknown. Can screw around and live for a long time if you wanted to. The only people who struggle with this boss are those that aren't very familiar with the fight. There's even a Negative Combo + Fenrir strat that destroys him.

BBS Unknown does not get staggered often. Can't loop him. Can combine attacks that are normally unrelated. Everything he does is guaranteed to kill you without Second Chance + Once More (I think this is the same on lower difficulties--not certain.)  Will always undo critical hits. Can restart moves you interrupt (i.e. if he uses Whirlwind to the Void, if you interrupt him, he'll just restart the move--yes, he can do this REPEATEDLY if he so chooses). His move where he spawns four clones is guaranteed death if you can't get rid of them right away or can't keep dodging them. Can simply go "nope" and obliterate you out of nowhere, because sometimes Once More fails. It gets even worse when he can turn invisible and you can't lock on (mind you, this invisibility lasts for a LONG time); meanwhile, at lower HP, his moveset is altered so that he puts more pressure on the player. In addition, as I pointed out in my previous post, a lot of moves are such that he can start a move, then do something else... while that other move is still going. Using anything but a Surge + Curaga Command Deck against BBS Unknown is practically suicide, and even then, BBS Unknown can still kill the player with little difficulty.

Lingering Will is the hardest KH boss? I'm pretty sure BBS Unknown will change your mind very quickly.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Go and experience those fights yourself.

Once you have adequately prepared for Lingering Will and learned the fight properly, he can be handled with ease. Of course, to the original poster, I wouldn't recommend tackling Lingering Will without maxed out Growth Abilities.

Edited by insanegamer00
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What I did on the PS2 (and what I am doing right now is)

1. Beat game on Critical Mode
  2. Work on leveling up to 99 and maxing out your drive forms
  3. Collect Puzzle pieces and complete the Hades' Cup Coliseum stuff
  4. Beat Sephiroth and work on synthesis slowly as well
  5. Turn around and focus entirely on Mushroom XIII and satisfy them all.
  6. Now focus on the Organisation XIII replica data
  7. Lingering Will
  8. Gummi Ship shit
  9. Clean up

I think that is the best way to handle it to be honest, unfortunately all of this will be done on critical mode. I'm up for the challenge and I do have a 100% save file for the PS2 so doing it again for the trophies just feels far more rewarding. Oh! and its the Final Mix so I never played this version, some lovely additions to the game. Enjoying it thus far.