Is it still possible for me to unlock the "Inquisitor" trophy?

Quidin

I tried the duplicating trick last night, but it didn't seem to work for me. I transferred all of my crafting items to the valuables section, minus the herbs and then I went to a merchant. I went to sell and then the valuables section and then pressed triangle immediately followed by X like the guide tells me to. However, it just ended up selling every item. It didn't ask me how many of my crafting items I wanted to sell, and then I ended up losing all the money I had made when I had to buy them all back. Luckily I saved it just before going to the merchant. Anyway, what am I doing wrong?

The guide also mentions it only works with 1 crafting material at a time. It takes a few tries to get the timing right. When you press :triangle: you have to press :cross: a split nano-second later (almost immediately). Pressing :triangle: sells every item in your "Valuables" section. The game also asks you how much you want to sell if you have more than 1 of the item. If not, than the trick still works only the game won't ask you how many you want to sell. You also get a full refund when selling and buying the same item back, so you won't lose any money. All this is also mentioned in the " 6. Duplicating Crafting Materials and Unlimited Money" in the Tips & Strategies section. I duplicated a few 1000 and sold almost all of them (I kept 100) to earn money.

Just unlocked the "Dragon Age TM: Inquisition Platinum trophy"

This Platinum trophy sounds like a really accurate german way, to say: " This is a Platinum trophy."

Anyways I'm really happy about it.

Nice, congrats :yay:. So reloading the save file worked to get :gold: Inquisitor?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Yes, reloading an old save just works fine for me. As you can see on my profile. I unlocked every trophy from this game. Including the "Inquisitor" trophy.

Thanks for all of your support in this thread.

Now I´m looking around, what to play next.

Maybe the new Assassins DLC.

• Like 2

Yes, reloading an old save just works fine for me. As you can see on my profile. I unlocked every trophy from this game. Including the "Inquisitor" trophy.

Thanks for all of your support in this thread.

Now I´m looking around, what to play next.

Maybe the new Assassins DLC.

Ok, I did look at your profile but couldn't tell if you completed the same playthrough or started a new one. I'll add it to the guide with a credit to you :).

No problem, that's what this site is for :highfive:.

That DLC is free, so enjoy :D.

Yes, I played this game twice. First on easy mode. I completed my first playtrough on 7th January. Immediatly after this I started a second playtrough on "Nightmare". And in this second playtrough I accidentaly pressed the reset button, which leaded me into posting this thread on this awesome suppport strong site. 

So for now I´m searching on the PS store for the new Assassin DLC. Let´s hope it´s less glitched or buggy than the main game.

The guide also mentions it only works with 1 crafting material at a time. It takes a few tries to get the timing right. When you press :triangle: you have to press :cross: a split nano-second later (almost immediately). Pressing :triangle: sells every item in your "Valuables" section. The game also asks you how much you want to sell if you have more than 1 of the item. If not, than the trick still works only the game won't ask you how many you want to sell. You also get a full refund when selling and buying the same item back, so you won't lose any money. All this is also mentioned in the " 6. Duplicating Crafting Materials and Unlimited Money" in the Tips & Strategies section. I duplicated a few 1000 and sold almost all of them (I kept 100) to earn money.

Nice, congrats :yay:. So reloading the save file worked to get :gold: Inquisitor?

Ah, well that could be where I may have been going wrong as I transferred all of my crafting items over to the 'Valuables' section. When I try it later, I'll transfer all but 1 of my crafting materials back and then I'll try it that way. I'll save it again before I go the merchant just in case I can't get it right the first time.

Ah, well that could be where I may have been going wrong as I transferred all of my crafting items over to the 'Valuables' section. When I try it later, I'll transfer all but 1 of my crafting materials back and then I'll try it that way. I'll save it again before I go the merchant just in case I can't get it right the first time.

Ok, good luck. Let me know if it works.

• 1 month later...

I read somewhere else you can start a file on Normal and then bump it up to Nightmare for the final boss and it will count as you never "lowered" the seting and you beat the boss on Nightmare. Sort of like what you do for Origins when you fight the Harvester. Is this true?

No that doesn't work. Also for the Harvester you start a new standalone DLC so you can play DA Origins and Awakening on any difficulty.

Here's what i can say based on my experience:

1. Sidequests don't really help out with the main story all that much since most enemies will level up along with you anyway. I completed nightmare mode while always on the minimum recommended level for each main quest and i found it to be pretty easy for the most part.

2. Forged equipment is super useful on nightmare, so try to get your hands onto some good blueprints as early on as possible.

3. High Dragons drop the best stuff, especially the ones in the snow area (can't remember the name sorry)

4. The mission where you meet the game's main antagonist (without spoiling too much) for the first time is the hardest in the game by far.

5. The perk that gives you 4 extra potions is a must, get it at all costs!

6. Upgrade your potions!

7. Upgrade your bloody potions!

8. Potions. Upgrade. Do it.

I don't know how your current party setup looks but i'd recommend taking a look at the strategy section on the trophy guideon here, that might help you out a bunch.

4) Is deeeeefinitely irritating on nightmare. Especially because I used up all the potion crates on the first trip through the area since I didn't realize that I had to go back through the town. A good tip I have for anyone interested is to turn the wheel of the trebuchet very slowly. I MEAN REALLY SLOW. Because every time you turn it you spawn enemies, and they're fairly strong red templars that will overwhelm you if you're not careful.

When you get to the final quarter (or so) of the trebuchet gauge, it will spawn a Behemoth, the giant red monster thing. I made the mistake of having both of my mages using fire staffs (which it is immune to) so don't do that. Also, as I found out, you don't actually have to beat it. If you lead it around town and then Frost Step back to the trebuchet you can wind it up the rest of the way without having to worry since it is super slow. 

(edit: sorry about bumping the thread, didn't read the date when it was posted and just wanted to agree with what Happy was saying. Glad you got your platinum OP!)

Edited by Elyther