Is it still possible for me to unlock the "Inquisitor" trophy?

Quidin

Good day

I started a new game on “Nightmare Difficulty” to earn the last remaining trophies of “Dragon Age Inquisition”. That was a couple of days ago. Today I accidentaly pressed the triangle (reset) button in the games options menu.

For those who don´t know:” By pressing the reset button, a questionwindow will appear and by pressing the “X” (accept) button in this window, will lead into resetting your difficulty from “Nightmare” to “Normal”!”

Lucky me, I don´t pressed the accept button. I declinded that questionwindow and looked at the difficulty in the options menu. It was still set to “Nightmare”. To prevent a possibly trophy loss, I then load an older save file. That save also had the difficulty set to “Nightmare”.

The trophy discription says:” You will unlock this trophy by beating the game on the hardest difficulty mode, without lowering the difficulty. So does it (the declinded reset) already count as lowering the difficulty?

Just to be sure, did you managed to have a previous save file? since you didn't accept the changes it will probably be alright. Just avoid going to option in your Nightmare playthough and never reset anything in options

I know this is a bit off topic, but how difficult is it on Nightmare?

its challenging, some parts in the game will need you to be aware of almost everything.i know a lot of people say RPGs is always about leveling up and it will be alright, but at least in Dragon Age, if you go like a killing machine, you will succumb among the ruins of Thedas.

I don't see how a previous save would remember you ever changing the difficulty, so i'd be highly surprised if the trophy won't pop.

I know this is a bit off topic, but how difficult is it on Nightmare?

First third has two tougher moments, but you can cheese at least one of them, or both when choosing the mages side by abusing the rogues invincibility abilty. After that it's smooth sailing.

Good day

I started a new game on “Nightmare Difficulty” to earn the last remaining trophies of “Dragon Age Inquisition”. That was a couple of days ago. Today I accidentaly pressed the triangle (reset) button in the games options menu.

For those who don´t know:” By pressing the reset button, a questionwindow will appear and by pressing the “X” (accept) button in this window, will lead into resetting your difficulty from “Nightmare” to “Normal”!”

Lucky me, I don´t pressed the accept button. I declinded that questionwindow and looked at the difficulty in the options menu. It was still set to “Nightmare”. To prevent a possibly trophy loss, I then load an older save file. That save also had the difficulty set to “Nightmare”.

The trophy discription says:” You will unlock this trophy by beating the game on the hardest difficulty mode, without lowering the difficulty. So does it (the declinded reset) already count as lowering the difficulty?

If you loaded a previous save, then you are safe.

Just to be sure, did you managed to have a previous save file? since you didn't accept the changes it will probably be alright. Just avoid going to option in your Nightmare playthough and never reset anything in options

its challenging, some parts in the game will need you to be aware of almost everything.i know a lot of people say RPGs is always about leveling up and it will be alright, but at least in Dragon Age, if you go like a killing machine, you will succumb among the ruins of Thedas.

I don't see how a previous save would remember you ever changing the difficulty, so i'd be highly surprised if the trophy won't pop.

First third has two tougher moments, but you can cheese at least one of them, or both when choosing the mages side by abusing the rogues invincibility abilty. After that it's smooth sailing.

Well I think I've already decided that I'm going to play as a mage on Nightmare difficulty. I also like to do a lot of side quests before focusing on the main quests, so I'm hoping that might help me when I play through on Nightmare. Right now, I'm playing through on Normal and have done almost every side quest I've come across. I'm currently level 8 and have just finished 'The Threat Remains' quest, so if I play on Nightmare like I have been on Normal, will I be okay?

Well I think I've already decided that I'm going to play as a mage on Nightmare difficulty. I also like to do a lot of side quests before focusing on the main quests, so I'm hoping that might help me when I play through on Nightmare. Right now, I'm playing through on Normal and have done almost every side quest I've come across. I'm currently level 8 and have just finished 'The Threat Remains' quest, so if I play on Nightmare like I have been on Normal, will I be okay?

Here's what i can say based on my experience:

1. Sidequests don't really help out with the main story all that much since most enemies will level up along with you anyway. I completed nightmare mode while always on the minimum recommended level for each main quest and i found it to be pretty easy for the most part.

2. Forged equipment is super useful on nightmare, so try to get your hands onto some good blueprints as early on as possible.

3. High Dragons drop the best stuff, especially the ones in the snow area (can't remember the name sorry)

4. The mission where you meet the game's main antagonist (without spoiling too much) for the first time is the hardest in the game by far.

5. The perk that gives you 4 extra potions is a must, get it at all costs!

6. Upgrade your potions!

7. Upgrade your bloody potions!

8. Potions. Upgrade. Do it.

I don't know how your current party setup looks but i'd recommend taking a look at the strategy section on the trophy guideon here, that might help you out a bunch.

Nightmare isn't difficult, but it's challenging.

The best approach is to invest a lot of time in side quests (contrary to people above me)

You'll find better armor, get higher level, get more perks, better weapons, better inquisition perks, ...

The first time I tried a dragon I was absolutelty beaten.

After leveling up enough, it went like taking candy from a baby.

Same goes for some bosses.

Spending time with sidequests and explorations will net you new herbs which could be used for potions, 

new runes for upgrades, new codex for energy, ...

Edited by Mr_Freaker

Here's what i can say based on my experience:

1. Sidequests don't really help out with the main story all that much since most enemies will level up along with you anyway. I completed nightmare mode while always on the minimum recommended level for each main quest and i found it to be pretty easy for the most part.

2. Forged equipment is super useful on nightmare, so try to get your hands onto some good blueprints as early on as possible.

3. High Dragons drop the best stuff, especially the ones in the snow area (can't remember the name sorry)

4. The mission where you meet the game's main antagonist (without spoiling too much) for the first time is the hardest in the game by far.

5. The perk that gives you 4 extra potions is a must, get it at all costs!

6. Upgrade your potions!

7. Upgrade your bloody potions!

8. Potions. Upgrade. Do it.

I don't know how your current party setup looks but i'd recommend taking a look at the strategy section on the trophy guideon here, that might help you out a bunch.

Completing sidequests before main missions is a habit for me. I always like doing sidequests before main missions for some reason.

Anyway, I have some blueprints, but I'm not too sure how many I have.

I've only encountered one dragon so far, but I avoided the fight. I encountered it at the Storm Oasis, and I think it was fighting a troll or a giant.

So far I've only been able to upgrade my potions once, but I'm hoping I'll be able to upgrade them again soon.

Nightmare isn't difficult, but it's challenging.

The best approach is to invest a lot of time in side quests (contrary to people above me)

You'll find better armor, get higher level, get more perks, better weapons, better inquisition perks, ...

The first time I tried a dragon I was absolutelty beaten.

After leveling up enough, it went like taking candy from a baby.

Same goes for some bosses.

Spending time with sidequests and explorations will net you new herbs which could be used for potions, 

new runes for upgrades, new codex for energy, ...

I imagine Nightmare is going to be challenging. I was just curious as to how challenging it is going to be.

I alway invest a lot of time in sidequests. The majority of my playing time has been spent on sidequests and exploration.

What level was you when you first went up against a dragon?

Completing sidequests before main missions is a habit for me. I always like doing sidequests before main missions for some reason.

I've only encountered one dragon so far, but I avoided the fight. I encountered it at the Storm Oasis, and I think it was fighting a troll or a giant.

So far I've only been able to upgrade my potions once, but I'm hoping I'll be able to upgrade them again soon.

I imagine Nightmare is going to be challenging. I was just curious as to how challenging it is going to be.

I alway invest a lot of time in sidequests. The majority of my playing time has been spent on sidequests and exploration.

See this guide for tips on how to make Nightmare a lot easier: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2151-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Trophy-Guide

Good day

Could you let me know if the :gold: Inquisitor unlocks, so I can put it in the guide.

I think I was not much over 14-15

Went back at level 24, was easy ^^

I think I was not much over 14-15

Went back at level 24, was easy ^^

Okay, I'm really glad I avoided that encounter with the dragon at Storm Oasis now as I would have gotten slaughtered by it since I'm only at level 8. That was the very first dragon I had encountered though, so I'll just avoid them until I'm at a higher level. :)

Okay, I'm really glad I avoided that encounter with the dragon at Storm Oasis now as I would have gotten slaughtered by it since I'm only at level 8. That was the very first dragon I had encountered though, so I'll just avoid them until I'm at a higher level. :)

Killing the dragons at this level gave me strong weapons, but useless gear.

That dragon is lvl 19, so yeah I'd level up quite a lot ;).

I'm really glad I avoided it now. I probably wouldn't even have been able to get a hit in before it would have killed me lol. I'll just do what sidequests I can and level up some more.

The weakest dragon is lvl 12, so you can get tier 4 materials early in the game and use the duplication trick to get unlimited amounts.

The weakest dragon is lvl 12, so you can get tier 4 materials early in the game and use the duplication trick to get unlimited amounts.

Does that duplication trick actually work then? It's not going to prevent me from unlocking any trophies is it? Mess my game up somehow? Those are the only reasons I've not tried that trick yet.

Does that duplication trick actually work then? It's not going to prevent me from unlocking any trophies is it? Mess my game up somehow? Those are the only reasons I've not tried that trick yet.

Yeah it works with every crafting materials except herbs. I've used it to create weapons and armour for every party member with tier 4 matrials and sold 1000s to get infinite money. That trick couldn't possibly screw up your trophies because you're basically buying and selling items.

Yeah it works with every crafting materials except herbs. I've used it to create weapons and armour for every party member with tier 4 matrials and sold 1000s to get infinite money. That trick couldn't possibly screw up your trophies because you're basically buying and selling items.

Well that's really good to know. Now that I know that, I'll use it to duplicate my items and get more money. :)

It only works with Cloth, Metal, Leather and Rune crafting materials (and not with Herbs).

I tried the duplicating trick last night, but it didn't seem to work for me. I transferred all of my crafting items to the valuables section, minus the herbs and then I went to a merchant. I went to sell and then the valuables section and then pressed triangle immediately followed by X like the guide tells me to. However, it just ended up selling every item. It didn't ask me how many of my crafting items I wanted to sell, and then I ended up losing all the money I had made when I had to buy them all back. Luckily I saved it just before going to the merchant. Anyway, what am I doing wrong?