What happened in the past 9 months?

Wavergray

I started playing DoS when it was released last year, but I stopped playing because of reasons. On a whim I decided to check in on it today and when I checked my mail I see almost 300 gold orbs from Admins apologies. What happened? Did the severs get worse or something?

Edited by soultaker655

I was waiting to start the game until I finished a few others, but didn't want to wait too long and end up like Ecolibrium, *hoping* they would have another online tournament to finish up my trophies. Has all the maintenance subsided? I think I'd like to start this now, but from what I understand, trading can make the game easier and one trade is required for a trophy. Are there still many people playing?

Aren't they awarded for maintenance? 

Yeah, when there's unscheduled maintenances that lasts more then a day they seem to give out 35 gold orbs.

https://twitter.com/dos_official_en/status/553053473793523712

Server connection failures happened, that may be it.

From what I've been able to find out the servers got worse, blew up, then finally got a little better. 

I just completely stopped playing, because of all the non scheduled maintenance. It was happening too often.

That the same reason I stopped playing. That mess with the 30 day trophy killed the game for me last year.

I was waiting to start the game until I finished a few others, but didn't want to wait too long and end up like Ecolibrium, *hoping* they would have another online tournament to finish up my trophies. Has all the maintenance subsided? I think I'd like to start this now, but from what I understand, trading can make the game easier and one trade is required for a trophy. Are there still many people playing?

Yes a lot of people still play this game, especially since the new update made the gameplay more enjoyable. As for trading, it can make it easier to get R and SR spirits, but you have to be careful with 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 trades.

Edited by soultaker655

Yes a lot of people still play this game, especially since the new update made the gameplay more enjoyable. As for trading, it can make it easier to get R and SR spirits, but you have to be careful with 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 trades.

Jumped in 2 days ago after you posted this. I did not expect to be this enthralled by this game. Tons of people playing. I was very hesitant because when this game was first announced, no one had gotten the Great Trainer/Spirit Master trophies for the first several months. 

If anyone else was hesitant, jump on in. But be warned, it's pretty addicting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Already on :D I like it. Though it seems to "require" you to buy some orbs if you don't wanna play for months to get at least the Great trainer trophy. Are those Neo world spirits worth it?

Some Neo World ones are very overpowered, they've also added some really good ones as regular summons and special summons

They also have tweaked powers, stats, and summon points making them worth

You may have to pay if you don't wanna grind it, but it's addicting, so why not just play it?

They give 35 orbs for free every month if you have PS Plus (usually by the 2nd tuesday)