Super Street Fighter 4 Trials Advice/Help

Dark_Tooth69

Just now, Ivotas said:

Lol, I was just about to say this. I just tried this in a without the two crouching moves but I had to start with the standing LK otherwise Ibuki would just dash to the front. Took me two tries but from what I can see it looked like it worked. both standing kicks and the Hashinsho connected. I hope that's it and it means I did met the High Jump requirements. If yes, it's comforting to know that it's not impossible for me to pull of that move. Just hope it's really it and I can do it in the actual complete combo.

To get the high jump aswell, make sure to extend that second QCF a bit upward 2b07.png2198.png27a1.png27a1.pngMK2b07.png2198.png27a1.png2197.png KKK.

But if they both connected, I'm sure that you already did, just be aware of it :).

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

To get the high jump aswell, make sure to extend that second QCF a bit upward 2b07.png2198.png27a1.png27a1.pngMK2b07.png2198.png27a1.png2197.png KKK.

But if they both connected, I'm sure that you already did, just be aware of it :).

Good luck!

Thanks for the tipp mate. When I actually pulled it off I went all the way up. Tried to copy it a couple of times but it went back to the Kazegiri again. But since I really didn't do anything differently I believe that it comes down to a punishingly acurate matter of timing. I just hope that I'll be able to hit the correct timing at least once in the full combo. It just needs to work once. That would be enough.^^

7 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks for the tipp mate. When I actually pulled it off I went all the way up. Tried to copy it a couple of times but it went back to the Kazegiri again. But since I really didn't do anything differently I believe that it comes down to a punishingly acurate matter of timing. I just hope that I'll be able to hit the correct timing at least once in the full combo. It just needs to work once. That would be enough.^^

Very nice you did it. Now you just need to do that in the actual combo, what's still hard becase the part "down + LP -> LK". But I'm sure you can do that.

It's hard to tell why you are still getting Kazegiris instead of ultra. I would need to see a picture of your inputs to be sure. But based on what happened to me, I may give you the advice: try to delay the button press (KKK), just a very small delay. If Ibuki jumps you delayed the button too much.

In my case it was because I was pressing KKK before the game recorganize the super jump command. So, since is against the game's rules cancel a MK directly into a ultra combo, the game interpreted the command as a Kazegiri instead. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, taciovinicius said:

Very nice you did it. Now you just need to do that in the actual combo, what's still hard becase the part "down + LP -> LK". But I'm sure you can do that.

It's hard to tell why you are still getting Kazegiris instead of ultra. I would need to see a picture of your inputs to be sure. But based on what happened to me, I may give you the advice: try to delay the button press (KKK), just a very small delay. If Ibuki jumps you delayed the button too much.

In my case it was because I was pressing KKK before the game recorganize the super jump command. So, since is against the game's rules cancel a MK directly into a ultra combo, the game interpreted the command as a Kazegiri instead. 

The thing is I don't know if I did it well or not. It was just in training mode so I have no way of telling if I would have met the requirments for the High Jump or not. Before that I also managed to pull it off in the actual trial once but the High Jump didn't register. Weirdly enough the Hashinsho didn't get blocked and connected fully. Anyways, for two days now I'm back to square one again and have no way of pulling off this combo. I've actually pretty much given up on trying it legit and focus on using the pause trick in hope I can make it that way somehow. I know it's cheap but it's honestly stressing me lesser out. Trying the legit way actually makes me legit super angry. Not worth it.

Thanks for your tip with delaying the Triple K. I'll try and see.

19 hours ago, taciovinicius said:

Forget my previous post. Dude, you're a genius! The delayed Triple K is what did the trick in the end. I passed that trial. You cannot believe how happy I am.

I'm so grateful to all of you guys with your tips, explenations, videos and most importantly patience with me in my struggle. I hope to don't look down on me too much that I switched to the pause trick in the end. I'm so glad I've got this behind me. Now I still need to take care of the 5 more difficult characters than Ibuki.^^' Hope it'll be ok for me to ask questions again once I hit a roadblock.

4 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Forget my previous post. Dude, you're a genius! The delayed Triple K is what did the trick in the end. I passed that trial. You cannot believe how happy I am.

I'm so grateful to all of you guys with your tips, explenations, videos and most importantly patience with me in my struggle. I hope to don't look down on me too much that I switched to the pause trick in the end. I'm so glad I've got this behind me. Now I still need to take care of the 5 more difficult characters than Ibuki.^^' Hope it'll be ok for me to ask questions again once I hit a roadblock.

Congratulations.  ?

Very nice the trick helped.

Now, just a small advice.  Take a break and try to do C. Viper Trial 22. It uses the same high jump stuff that you just learned. Don't try to do the other viper trials for now, focus only in this one.

5 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Well done! On to the next!

No one should be looking down on you. No one is good from the start. It's impressive that you stick with it and even more so that you manage to complete it. The trophy isn't <2% for nothing :).

12 hours ago, taciovinicius said:

Congratulations.  ?

Very nice the trick helped.

Now, just a small advice.  Take a break and try to do C. Viper Trial 22. It uses the same high jump stuff that you just learned. Don't try to do the other viper trials for now, focus only in this one.

Thanks a bunch for the tip. I was wondering which one of the C. Viper trials has the same things to go through. I'll follow your advice and try working on this one then as the High Jump stuff really seems to be the most difficult things in the game I've encountered so far. Be ready to me to ask for feedback again if I inevitably fail.^^'

11 hours ago, Ric said:

Well done! On to the next!

No one should be looking down on you. No one is good from the start. It's impressive that you stick with it and even more so that you manage to complete it. The trophy isn't <2% for nothing :).

Thank you very much for your kind words. It came from preserverance and developed now into full stubborness that I actually got that far. I hope it'll all pay off in the end.^^

Ok, unfortunally I did have to came back here for help with C. Viper's trial 22?

Basically I think I know what to do. I'm just not sure at frame I'm supposed to do the PPP and if I should go fully up or only up forward and if I should delay the PPP or not. Basically what I'm doing is

HK > LK > 2b07.png2198.png27a1.pngLP2b07.png2198.png27a1.png2197.png PPP

My question is if I should aim to finish my input before the LP connects or have it finish exactly when it connects? Feedback would be greatly appreciated as always.

Also on a sad sidenote. I thought it was only trial 22 that had the High Jump. But it's 22 onward. Dear me.^^

1 - About finishing the command with up or up / forward,  it is your choice.  Try to use what worked with Ibuki. I personally prefer doing the command until up direction, because this extra direction makes me naturally do the necessary delay to make it work. If you don't delay Viper probably will do a unwanted super.

2 - About the command. Yes, that's right. There is only a small detail. Don't do  "LK > 2b07.png2198.png27a1.pngLP" too fast. If you do so, the game won't let you cancel LP into anything. So you are always getting nothing after LP. Try to delay  2b07.png2198.png27a1.pngLP a bit. The explanation why this happens is a long story. 

3 - You have to finish the command while LP is touching Dan.

4 - Don't be afraid about the other High jumps. They are different. In the others Viper will get out the ground and do a special move in the air. The only trials with this crazy stuff of doing a high jump without actually jumping are these two. Now there are some new complications will meet in her other trials.

16 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Ok, unfortunally I did have to came back here for help with C. Viper's trial 221f605.png

Basically I think I know what to do. I'm just not sure at frame I'm supposed to do the PPP and if I should go fully up or only up forward and if I should delay the PPP or not. Basically what I'm doing is

HK > LK > 2b07.png2198.png27a1.pngLP2b07.png2198.png27a1.png2197.png PPP

My question is if I should aim to finish my input before the LP connects or have it finish exactly when it connects? Feedback would be greatly appreciated as always.

Also on a sad sidenote. I thought it was only trial 22 that had the High Jump. But it's 22 onward. Dear me.^^

It looks like pretty much the same combo as Ibuki's, with probably just some timing differences. Don't rush the combo and break it apart. Forget about HK > LK for a bit and just try to get the timing of the LP into Burst Time. I remember this one being a bit easier than Ibuki's, so you should be able to do it :)

You can try adding a crouching medium punch. Something like HK > LK > LP 2b07.png2198.png27a1.png [2b07.pngMP] 2198.png27a1.png2197.png PPP. That should make the combo a bit easier.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ric said:

It looks like pretty much the same combo as Ibuki's, with probably just some timing differences. Don't rush the combo and break it apart. Forget about HK > LK for a bit and just try to get the timing of the LP into Burst Time. I remember this one being a bit easier than Ibuki's, so you should be able to do it :)

You can try adding a crouching medium punch. Something like HK > LK > LP 2b07.png2198.png27a1.png [2b07.pngMP] 2198.png27a1.png2197.png PPP. That should make the combo a bit easier.

Thanks mate. The not rushing part did the trick in the end. This one went pretty smoothly compared to Ibuki and I didn't even need to resort to using the pause trick again (Hooray!) I was actually focusing on pushing the correct buttons in slow motion in hope of it becoming an automated movement. And then when I increased the pace I often was either too fast or too slow but I overall had the feeling that I was on the right track. And then when I made it, it didn't even feel like I was going super fast. Funny thing aside. For this trial I was mainly looking only at my controller and not on what was actually going on on screen.^^'

Now I still have to tackle C. Viper's trials 23 and 24 to take care of High Jumps. :( Are there any other trials where something ridiculously tough as this is expected of the player? Or is this (hopefully) the pinacle of difficulty?

Edit:
Well errr..., done with trial 23. This one was surprisingly easy. 24 seems like an extention of 23 with a different final move. But what I'm struggling with is the Thunder Knuckle cancel. In theory I know what I'm supposed to do. But I fail performing it yet. Are there any tips and tricks in terms of finesse that I should keep in mind in order to make it work?

Edited by Ivotas

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks mate. The not rushing part did the trick in the end. This one went pretty smoothly compared to Ibuki and I didn't even need to resort to using the pause trick again (Hooray!) I was actually focusing on pushing the correct buttons in slow motion in hope of it becoming an automated movement. And then when I increased the pace I often was either too fast or too slow but I overall had the feeling that I was on the right track. And then when I made it, it didn't even feel like I was going super fast. Funny thing aside. For this trial I was mainly looking only at my controller and not on what was actually going on on screen.^^'

Now I still have to tackle C. Viper's trials 23 and 24 to take care of High Jumps. :( Are there any other trials where something ridiculously tough as this is expected of the player? Or is this (hopefully) the pinacle of difficulty?

Edit:
Well errr..., done with trial 23. This one was surprisingly easy. 24 seems like an extention of 23 with a different final move. But what I'm struggling with is the Thunder Knuckle cancel. In theory I know what I'm supposed to do. But I fail performing it yet. Are there any tips and tricks in terms of finesse that I should keep in mind in order to make it work?

You can always try remapping some buttons for easier access, like this guy: 

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You can always try remapping some buttons for easier access, like this guy: 

Oh I am constantly remapping buttons, depending on what a trial asks of me. What I have not figured out yet is if there's any specific way of doing the cancel in the combo. I can do it by itself and it works most of the time as I do ⬇️,↙️,⬅️+HP,↖️+LP,⬆️+LP+MP. But when I try to do the same as a part of a combo it fails so I'm wondering if there's a different approach that works better.

My tips:
- Do like the guy in the video does, remap a button to be PPP. You will use this button to almost everything.
- Do not use HP Thunder Knuckle for doing Thunder Knuckle cancel. It comes out too fast. Use MP or LP Thunder Knuckle instead. Is possible using HP but is harder.
- When hitting the second ↓ + HP. Do ↘ + PPP instead. The direction is to avoid you getting an unwanted super and the PPP will make easier to hit the punch after the cancel, since you will just keep mashing the same button.
- To make the ultra combo hit in the ending, you must to make the screen freeze when Dan is in the same height of Viper's head.

The combo would be like this:
↓ + PPP, ↓↙← + LP or MP, hold ↘ and keep mashing PPP (to get the cancel and crouching HP), →↓↘ + PPP, ↓ ↗ (high jump), (when viper in the air) ↓↙← + HK, wait a bit, (when Dan is in the right height) ↓↘→↓↘→ + PPP

• Like 1

21 hours ago, taciovinicius said:

My tips:
- Do like the guy in the video does, remap a button to be PPP. You will use this button to almost everything.
- Do not use HP Thunder Knuckle for doing Thunder Knuckle cancel. It comes out too fast. Use MP or LP Thunder Knuckle instead. Is possible using HP but is harder.
- When hitting the second ↓ + HP. Do 2198.png + PPP instead. The direction is to avoid you getting an unwanted super and the PPP will make easier to hit the punch after the cancel, since you will just keep mashing the same button.
- To make the ultra combo hit in the ending, you must to make the screen freeze when Dan is in the same height of Viper's head.

The combo would be like this:
↓ + PPP, ↓2199.png← + LP or MP, hold 2198.png and keep mashing PPP (to get the cancel and crouching HP), →↓2198.png + PPP, ↓ 2197.png (high jump), (when viper in the air) ↓2199.png← + HK, wait a bit, (when Dan is in the right height) ↓2198.png→↓2198.png→ + PPP

Thanks. So far my only real problem with this combo is actually pulling off a successful TK cancel that will not be too late to hit with the EX Seismic hammer. Because everytime I pull one of the second crouch HP is in process leaving me too short a time window to actually connect with the EX Seismic strike. With this trial the High Jump isn't even the problem as I never get that far. So I'll try the PPP advice you've just given me.^^

Edit:
Cleared it. The remapping that you and Ric suggested played a big role but the "Do 2198.png + PPP instead" suggestion is what made it go smoothly in the end. Took me about 40 minutes to get it going. And the High jump in 23 and 24 really is not as difficult as it was in 22 or Ibuki 24. Thank you so much. Now on the the remaining trials.^^

Edited by Ivotas

5 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks. So far my only real problem with this combo is actually pulling off a successful TK cancel that will not be too late to hit with the EX Seismic hammer. Because everytime I pull one of the second crouch HP is in process leaving me too short a time window to actually connect with the EX Seismic strike. With this trial the High Jump isn't even the problem as I never get that far. So I'll try the PPP advice you've just given me.^^

Edit:
Cleared it. The remapping that you and Ric suggested played a big role but the "Do 2198.png + PPP instead" suggestion is what made it go smoothly in the end. Took me about 40 minutes to get it going. And the High jump in 23 and 24 really is not as difficult as it was in 22 or Ibuki 24. Thank you so much. Now on the the remaining trials.^^

Very Nice. Keep it up. ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taciovinicius said:

Very Nice. Keep it up. 1f44d.png

Thanks. Cleared C. Viper's trial #21 while I was at it because it also had the cancel thing going on. Since I still plan for C. Viper to be my final character it's god to know trials #21-24 are cleared already. Doing Gen now. Messed up the "final" part of his #24 trial because of bad timing. It's just a matter of trying again and again till it works I guess.^^

Unfortunally I'm stuck again. I've been trying for hours now to do Gen's trial 24 and I always fail on the Gekiro finish, When I was doing it in a previous trial I pulled it of flawlessly but here I've been struggling for hours and I cannot do it no matter how much I try to match the rhythm of the button presses in the video guides. Is there any trick to doing it you guys might share with me? Like something I have to watch out for or a specific moment as to where to push the button?

8 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Unfortunally I'm stuck again. I've been trying for hours now to do Gen's trial 24 and I always fail on the Gekiro finish, When I was doing it in a previous trial I pulled it of flawlessly but here I've been struggling for hours and I cannot do it no matter how much I try to match the rhythm of the button presses in the video guides. Is there any trick to doing it you guys might share with me? Like something I have to watch out for or a specific moment as to where to push the button?

For the Gekiro finish's timing, start pressing K slow and then increase the pace progressively.
It should be something like that: 1 --- 2 --- 3 -- 4 -- 5 - 6 78
Unfortunately I don't know any trick to make it easier. I also failed it a lot while trying to finish this trial.
Try to train it a bit before going for the trial.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, taciovinicius said:

For the Gekiro finish's timing, start pressing K slow and then increase the pace progressively.
It should be something like that: 1 --- 2 --- 3 -- 4 -- 5 - 6 78
Unfortunately I don't know any trick to make it easier. I also failed it a lot while trying to finish this trial.
Try to train it a bit before going for the trial.

Thanks mate. That's actually what I try to do. Still hard without visual cues so I was hoping if there's something to look out for in Dan's animation or the like that I just cannot see.

Tried to train it at first but I'm never good at using something that went well in a smooth training mode and incooporating it into a flowing combo. Good thing is though that I'm pulling off the entire combo almost every time so I'm just using that as training which works better. Got up to 6 kicks already but couldn't go higher yet unfortunally. I guess this is yet another "it will happen eventually" situations.^^

Still if there are actually some visual cues I'd still be interested in hearing them out.^^

4 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks mate. That's actually what I try to do. Still hard without visual cues so I was hoping if there's something to look out for in Dan's animation or the like that I just cannot see.

Tried to train it at first but I'm never good at using something that went well in a smooth training mode and incooporating it into a flowing combo. Good thing is though that I'm pulling off the entire combo almost every time so I'm just using that as training which works better. Got up to 6 kicks already but couldn't go higher yet unfortunally. I guess this is yet another "it will happen eventually" situations.^^

Still if there are actually some visual cues I'd still be interested in hearing them out.^^

Unfortunately, this is just one of those trials with strict timing (like they aren't all :P). I'm sure you've probably found a video already, but just in case:

• Like 2