Super Street Fighter 4 Trials Advice/Help

Dark_Tooth69

43 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Im sure you could find someone else's video. I mean @Roronora_Zoro666 is awful xD

1687126-i_ain_t_even_mad_super.jpg

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Unfortunately, this is just one of those trials with strict timing (like they aren't all :P). I'm sure you've probably found a video already, but just in case:

Thanks for sharing that, it means a lot. That one took me a while, not because of the kicks, but because of the super. 

This is actually a lot easier than Vanilla where they have you do a longer combo and using the strictest variation of that kick special, too.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 3

Thanks guys. I've actually found several videos the above one included. Thing is it's easy for me to match timing if I watch videos that show button inputs when I look at the video. That's because I kinda like rhythm games (even though my trophy list would suggest the opposite^^') so cues visual or audio are important for me. The thing is though I cannot do the actual combo and watch the video button input at the same time having having both my and the video's combos run at the exactly same time. That's I was hoping for other cues.

But it's also good to know that there aren't any. That way I can stop to actually hope for that and focus even more on doing this. It's been already eight hours scattered across the last two days that I did just this trial.^^'

Ok guys, I just had to share this. I've just beaten Gen's trial 24 on the first try. "What's this you're saying there Ivotas? You said you were trying for eight hours across the last two days!" I hear you say. And you're right. Today I was even stuff for two hours doing it. And by just sheer dumb accident I saw what I was doing wrong. I had the buttons configured wrong. I thought I've made circle HK for an easier input on the finish but instead I made R1 my default HK an actual MK. No wonder the furthest I got were six kicks. I feel so stupi now.

I have to admit though that it still would have taken me a while because I needed the many tries to get the rhythm down more or less. "Only" Abel, Cammy, El Fuerte and C. Viper left 9 trials each.^^

20 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Ok guys, I just had to share this. I've just beaten Gen's trial 24 on the first try. "What's this you're saying there Ivotas? You said you were trying for eight hours across the last two days!" I hear you say. And you're right. Today I was even stuff for two hours doing it. And by just sheer dumb accident I saw what I was doing wrong. I had the buttons configured wrong. I thought I've made circle HK for an easier input on the finish but instead I made R1 my default HK an actual MK. No wonder the furthest I got were six kicks. I feel so stupi now.

I have to admit though that it still would have taken me a while because I needed the many tries to get the rhythm down more or less. "Only" Abel, Cammy, El Fuerte and C. Viper left 9 trials each.^^

Yeah, MK is the hardest variant ?.

C. Viper, Cammy, and Abel are doable. El Fuerte is bs! 

Cammy’s trials are nothing outrageous, but you do have to do some in mid-screen, especially her uppercut loop to Ultra. And her aerial dives can be cheated by doing QCUB (which is a quarter circle up back), if done correctly it comes out as a standing aerial. If you can time that, you can loop it. It’s technically an infinite if you have unlimited super meter.

Ive completed all of Cammy and most of the other 3. Videos are on my channel if you wanna take a look.

Note: I have yet to upload Guy, Cody, Ibuki, and Makoto.

C. Viper is easier than Ibuki with 22. And 24 is literally her Thunder Knuckle cancel. For that, I recommend you use all 3 Punches for HP and EX Seismo, and MP for the Thunder Knuckle. That way, you can get in the habit of cancelling that version and landing the second cr. HP. The last part is like Ibuki, but easier. You need to do a High Jump cancel Burning Kick off the Seismo into Ultra. For the Burning Kick, just hit down, then Up Forward, then Burning Kick. If landed properly, just delay the Ultra a wink. Doing a cr. HP into df, df PPP will result in a Seismo, avoid Super.

Abel is more dash loops, so one you get into the habit of doing forward medium kick, dash-in, s.HP, you can pretty much do the whole combo. His 24 is easy, but the dash after the Focus can result in a whiff or an extra dash-in voiding the whole combo. You need to combine 2 sets of dash loops for the combo to connect.

His 23 is actually easy, as well. Just delay the Roll after the cr.HP has sent the opponent flying. Afterwards, input a shoryuken or do what I do and mash down forward on D-Pad. It should save you the headache of accidental Super.

El Fuerte has the headache of his 23, which I still have no idea how I did and 24. 23 is all 1 frame links, so that’s not fun. 24 is all RSF (Run Stop Forward) loops, aka infinite. You only need 3 hits, but those 3 are pretty annoying as the timing of each hit affects the other. If you can get in the habit of doing an instant RSF (QCF P>LP) after a HP, you can use that same rhythm to do the next hit. The third depends on how close the second hit got, so bear that in mind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Yeah, MK is the hardest variant 1f602.png.

Cammy’s trials are nothing outrageous, but you do have to do some in mid-screen, especially her uppercut loop to Ultra. And her aerial dives can be cheated by doing QCUB (which is a quarter circle up back), if done correctly it comes out as a standing aerial. If you can time that, you can loop it. It’s technically an infinite if you have unlimited super meter.

Ive completed all of Cammy and most of the other 3. Videos are on my channel if you wanna take a look.

Note: I have yet to upload Guy, Cody, Ibuki, and Makoto.

C. Viper is easier than Ibuki with 22. And 24 is literally her Thunder Knuckle cancel. For that, I recommend you use all 3 Punches for HP and EX Seismo, and MP for the Thunder Knuckle. That way, you can get in the habit of cancelling that version and landing the second cr. HP. The last part is like Ibuki, but easier. You need to do a High Jump cancel Burning Kick off the Seismo into Ultra. For the Burning Kick, just hit down, then Up Forward, then Burning Kick. If landed properly, just delay the Ultra a wink. Doing a cr. HP into df, df PPP will result in a Seismo, avoid Super.

Abel is more dash loops, so one you get into the habit of doing forward medium kick, dash-in, s.HP, you can pretty much do the whole combo. His 24 is easy, but the dash after the Focus can result in a whiff or an extra dash-in voiding the whole combo. You need to combine 2 sets of dash loops for the combo to connect.

His 23 is actually easy, as well. Just delay the Roll after the cr.HP has sent the opponent flying. Afterwards, input a shoryuken or do what I do and mash down forward on D-Pad. It should save you the headache of accidental Super.

El Fuerte has the headache of his 23, which I still have no idea how I did and 24. 23 is all 1 frame links, so that’s not fun. 24 is all RSF (Run Stop Forward) loops, aka infinite. You only need 3 hits, but those 3 are pretty annoying as the timing of each hit affects the other. If you can get in the habit of doing an instant RSF (QCF P>LP) after a HP, you can use that same rhythm to do the next hit. The third depends on how close the second hit got, so bear that in mind.

Wow mate, thanks a bunch for all those detailed tips. Will make sure to pay good attention to everything when I'm getting to respective parts. Except for C. Viper because I've done her trials 20-24 already.^^

El Fuerte doesn't sound like it's gonna be fun at all. I guess I will have to resort to watching the videos with button inputs and try to memorize the rhythm again and hope that it works out. And honestly, if that should fail I most likely will resort to the pause trick again. Thought funnily enough except for Ibuki's trial 24 I actually did all of Gen's trials aswell as C. Viper's 20-24 legit with my rhythm memory approach? Well, I will see how it works out. Most likely I'll be posting here again when I hit a roadblock. Please bear with me a little longer guys.^^'

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Wow mate, thanks a bunch for all those detailed tips. Will make sure to pay good attention to everything when I'm getting to respective parts. Except for C. Viper because I've done her trials 20-24 already.^^

El Fuerte doesn't sound like it's gonna be fun at all. I guess I will have to resort to watching the videos with button inputs and try to memorize the rhythm again and hope that it works out. And honestly, if that should fail I most likely will resort to the pause trick again. Thought funnily enough except for Ibuki's trial 24 I actually did all of Gen's trials aswell as C. Viper's 20-24 legit with my rhythm memory approach? Well, I will see how it works out. Most likely I'll be posting here again when I hit a roadblock. Please bear with me a little longer guys.^^'

Gen isn’t exactly hard. The fact you were trying with MK was commendable. Cuz that variant is incredibly tight. And Viper I still can’t land that link all together. I’ve always dropped the burning kick or mash the Seismo ? 

17 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Gen isn’t exactly hard. The fact you were trying with MK was commendable. Cuz that variant is incredibly tight. And Viper I still can’t land that link all together. I’ve always dropped the burning kick or mash the Seismo 1f602.png 

Thanks for calling it commendable but above else it was stupid of me as the requirements clearly said to use HK.1f602.png  You cannot imagine the "wait a minute" feeling I had once I realized my mistake. As far as Viper is concerned, I actually have no idea how I landed the combo but I'm not complaining. Most likely I will never ever accomplish it legit with which I can live quite well actually.^^

2 hours ago, Ivotas said:

"Only" Abel, Cammy, El Fuerte and C. Viper left 9 trials each.^^

Home stretch then, well done!

Still some annoying ones to go (El Fuerte's 3 1-frame links in a row comes to mind), but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle after the ones you've done :).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ric said:

Home stretch then, well done!

Still some annoying ones to go (El Fuerte's 3 1-frame links in a row comes to mind), but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle after the ones you've done :).

Thanks for the words of support mate. You as well as everyone else have been really helpful and supportive. It's really a great community here.

Will work hard on getting those annoying ones done with also. One way or the other I'll be posting here again.^^

• Like 1

On 25.9.2021 at 10:13 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Yeah, MK is the hardest variant 1f602.png.

I'm stuck at Cammy*s trial 22 now (the one that requires to do three cannon strikes in a row and I was wondering if that's what you meant with the arial dives. If yes, would you mind giving me a detailed button input on how exactly to pull those off three times in a row? Because I've been failing for the past hour.^^'

2 hours ago, Ivotas said:

I'm stuck at Cammy*s trial 22 now (the one that requires to do three cannon strikes in a row and I was wondering if that's what you meant with the arial dives. If yes, would you mind giving me a detailed button input on how exactly to pull those off three times in a row? Because I've been failing for the past hour.^^'

That is correct. So the way it works, is that rather than input jump, QCB K (two kicks or triple kick), you instead buffer it as standing aerial which is QCUB K (Quarter Circle Up Back), instead. The timing is kinda annoying at first, but just try looping it into a half circle back if that makes sense.

Repeat this 3 times for the trial.

If you mash, it will wind up as Standing HK, instead. Do a half circle back loop, then K, then repeat. It’s a rhythm, but once you get it, it should be easy. Just remember to hit ultra at the end of the 3rd one, or you will wind up with a 4th, instead.

• Like 1

Ok, so I not to buffer it. That much I get. I'm still a bit iffy on the inputs though. Do I go ⬇️↙️⬅️↖️KK, ⬇️↙️⬅️↖️KK, ⬇️↙️⬅️↖️KK... or do I go ⬇️↙️⬅️KK↖️, ⬇️↙️⬅️KK↖️, ⬇️↙️⬅️KK↖️ for the arial combo? Thanks for the video. I'm already familiar with what it's supposed to look like. I'm just not sure what the best course of button inputs is.^^'

Edit:
Managed to pull it off. Your trick worked. But since I'm a bit slow on the understanding side I was looking for even more videos and I found the video below which I want to share just in case someone else like me will be stuck in the future. Credit to Magnus Eriksson who made the video:

Edited by Ivotas

9 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Ok, so I not to buffer it. That much I get. I'm still a bit iffy on the inputs though. Do I go 2b07.png2199.png2b05.png2196.pngKK, 2b07.png2199.png2b05.png2196.pngKK, 2b07.png2199.png2b05.png2196.pngKK... or do I go 2b07.png2199.png2b05.pngKK2196.png, 2b07.png2199.png2b05.pngKK2196.png, 2b07.png2199.png2b05.pngKK2196.png for the arial combo? Thanks for the video. I'm already familiar with what it's supposed to look like. I'm just not sure what the best course of button inputs is.^^'

Edit:
Managed to pull it off. Your trick worked. But since I'm a bit slow on the understanding side I was looking for even more videos and I found the video below which I want to share just in case someone else like me will be stuck in the future. Credit to Magnus Eriksson who made the video:

Yeah you were definitely overthinking that lol.

Half Circle back is just D, DB, B, UB, U KKK. But you can cut the U input and stop at the UB,  to avoid jumping.

Im glad you got it, but in the future, just try not to overthink. It’s as straightforward as stated. As for the KK, I just use all 3 mapped to Square or something to save the hassle.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Yeah you were definitely overthinking that lol.

Half Circle back is just D, DB, B, UB, U KKK. But you can cut the U input and stop at the UB,  to avoid jumping.

Im glad you got it, but in the future, just try not to overthink. It’s as straightforward as stated. As for the KK, I just use all 3 mapped to Square or something to save the hassle.

Yeah, I definitely tend to overthink it a lot. It's generally a negative personality trait I have and it definitely hits me with this game because as a longtime Street Fighter fan (one of the reasons why I hate this game so much^^) my understanding of the games mechanics never went beyond the basic button input discriptions. I honestly wouldn't have made it this far if it weren't for all the tips I've received in this thread. It's like there's the basic button input and then there's the read between the lines button input which opened up a whole new world to me. And I still don't get it all.^^'

Anyways, Cammy is done. Now El Fuerte is next. I'm kinda scared after how everybody says that he has some really annoying trials. :o

22 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Yeah, I definitely tend to overthink it a lot. It's generally a negative personality trait I have and it definitely hits me with this game because as a longtime Street Fighter fan (one of the reasons why I hate this game so much^^) my understanding of the games mechanics never went beyond the basic button input discriptions. I honestly wouldn't have made it this far if it weren't for all the tips I've received in this thread. It's like there's the basic button input and then there's the read between the lines button input which opened up a whole new world to me. And I still don't get it all.^^'

Anyways, Cammy is done. Now El Fuerte is next. I'm kinda scared after how everybody says that he has some really annoying trials. :o

Only 24 is. Not secrets there , no short cuts or so. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Only 24 is. Not secrets there , no short cuts or so. 

That's the one with that's just tap timing right? Not looking forward to that one. Working on #19 right now which is also tap timing and still working on getting the rhythm down.^^'

1 minute ago, Ivotas said:

That's the one with that's just tap timing right? Not looking forward to that one. Working on #19 right now which is also tap timing and still working on getting the rhythm down.^^'

Yeah. For that one. Try and slide your thumb on the buttons instead of pressing.  So if you have HP on Triangle and LP on Square

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Yeah. For that one. Try and slide your thumb on the buttons instead of pressing.  So if you have HP on Triangle and LP on Square

Thanks for the tipp mate. Will make sure to do it once I get there.^^

Edited by Ivotas

Ok guys, I'm done with El Fuerte too. I just have trials 16-19 for C. Viper left and then I will have completed the trials. Currently stuck at #19. For some reason I'm always sending Dan flying when I'm unleashing my EX Thunder Knuckle on him. But in the guide videos he has to just collapse to successfully land the Burning Dance. Any idea how I can accomplish that?

Edited by Ivotas

9 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Ok guys, I'm done with El Fuerte too. I just have trials 16-19 for C. Viper left and then I will have completed the trials. Currently stuck at #19. For some reason I'm always sending Dan flying when I'm unleashing my EX Thunder Knuckle on him. But in the guide videos he has to just collapse to successfully land the Burning Dance. Any idea how I can accomplish that?

If Dan is flying away is because you doing EX Thunder Knuckle too late. Do Focus attack, forward dash cancel, EX Thunder Knuckle ASAP, and it will work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taciovinicius said:

If Dan is flying away is because you doing EX Thunder Knuckle too late. Do Focus attack, forward dash cancel, EX Thunder Knuckle ASAP, and it will work.

I see. How do I do a forward dash cancel? Didn't know that existed.^^'

14 hours ago, taciovinicius said:

You charge the focus attack until it comes out by itself and then tap   (dash)  when it hits dan.

You recover faster doing the dash instead of waiting Viper recovers from the focus attack by herself.

Oh, that you mean. I've been doing this the entire time already. I thought Focus Dash cancel means to cancel the dash itself.
Unfortunally that's not it. I'm I still send Dan flying and I have no idea why?

I've only have 4 trials left to 100% them so I'm quite familiar with how you send Dan flying if you hit him too late even after a successful dash. But in all those cases previously the very first frame of when my next attack connects after the dash Dan was already floating in the air. But right now with C. Viper #19 he is still standing on the ground when my attack connects with him. As a matter of fact, he is standing for a long time after being electrecuted. But then when I'm behind him instead of collapsing he suddenly get's blown up into the air. And I don't know why. I was hoping someone here could help me. :(

Edit:
Got it done now. The problem before was that I literally was always too slow by one frame. Had to try harder on the pause trick a couple of times to confirm and after many tries to be even quicker it finally worked. Then I tried it legit again and failed so often that I gave up and tried just getting it with the pause trick. Yes, I am that pathetic sometimes. But only three more trials to go is only three more trials to go.^^'

Edited by Ivotas

Ok guys, yet another double post but it doesn't deserve its own thread and it needs to be said. I've finally cleared all of C. Viper's trials completing all trials in this game earning me the three most difficult trophies in it. And I never EVER would have gotten there without the amazing feedback and support I've received from you guys here. Honestly you guys are a fantastic, helpful and patient community. From the bottom of my heart thank you for everything you've done to get me that far. I'm so glad this horror is finally over. Just a little bit more grinding and I should be getting the platinum.^^

• Like 3