What's this game like?

Sigma999

Deadly Premonition is still lined up in my gaming queue so I don't know how similar it is to this game. But Tokyo Twilght Ghost Hunters has been described as an episodic visual novel broken up by sequences of turnbased battles on a grid map. So it's a visual novel rpg combo. I've also heard your main character (female) can get involved in romance. There's a review on gamefaqs for it if you're interested.

I'm a big fan of both visual novels and turn based rpgs, so I plan on checking it out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I should look into a game more closely before replying to these things - the gender of your protagonist is very deliberately vague in reviews. Somehow I got the impression that it was a female protagonist but it is actually a male protagonist. The romance is more "Young adult style" and is more of developing close friendships with people. It was hard to find a decent review on this game before it came out. XP still, the reviews surfacing now praise the artwork, but say the battle system and story telling are just average. They seem to agree it's an ok game, but not a great game. Still getting it - it's on sale on the US store for $32 instead of the physical copy's $40!

Seems I should look into a game more closely before replying to these things - the gender of your protagonist is very deliberately vague in reviews. Somehow I got the impression that it was a female protagonist but it is actually a male protagonist. The romance is more "Young adult style" and is more of developing close friendships with people. It was hard to find a decent review on this game before it came out. XP still, the reviews surfacing now praise the artwork, but say the battle system and story telling are just average. They seem to agree it's an ok game, but not a great game. Still getting it - it's on sale on the US store for $32 instead of the physical copy's $40!

So it's another Persona-lookalike, even better xD

And 32 to 40? =D That's not really worth imo =D Those 8 bucks are worth for the box =D

• 1 year later...