New Games for Playstation Now Subscriptions

thegirlruka

I haven't seen any forum posts for this yet, but for those of you who have a subscription to PS Now there was an announcement on the blog today that 5 new games are being added. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/02/playstation-now-subscriptions-new-for-march-2015/ Just a fair warning: don't scroll down to the comments section of the blog unless you want to see a lot of people complaining about the IGC for March not being announced yet.

Back in January we were excited to finally unveil the PlayStation Now subscription service and we have been ecstatic with the feedback so far. In February, we added a round of additional games to the service.

For those of you unfamiliar with the subscription, you can choose from two subscription plans on your PS4 — monthly for $19.99, or a three-month package for $44.99 (about $15 per month) for unlimited game streaming to all your PlayStation Now compatible devices.

Today I’m excited to let you all know which games will be added to the PlayStation Now subscription in March!

inFAMOUS 2

We all know you enjoyed running around virtual Seattle as Delsin in inFAMOUS: Second Son on PS4, but have you seen the world through Cole MacGrath’s eyes? For those of you that missed the second installment of inFAMOUS, now is the time to catch up.

Twisted Metal

What would PlayStation Now be without a visit from our dear friend Sweet Tooth? Relive the vehicular carnage as you stream the latest iteration in the Twisted Metal franchise.

R-Type Dimensions

Do you like to kick it old school? Then R-Type Dimensions is for you. A lovely package of both R-Type 1 and 2 with a new feature that allows you to shift between original and newly revamped graphics — R-Type Dimensions is still the extremely challenging, side-scrolling shooter you remember.

Alone in the Dark: Inferno

Ever wonder what it would be like to wake up in the middle of a literal and theoretical nightmare? Battle hellish forces and try and piece together your mysterious past while saving New York City from doom in this adventure horror game.

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Boasting 4-player co-op in this geopolitical shooter, Operation Flashpoint: Red River delivers the full intense modern day shooter experience. Team up with your friends (or play solo with complete squad AI) to take on the unique modes.

Whether it’s playing as two PlayStation legends, reliving some old memories, or engaging in high paced action adventure, March’s additions to the PlayStation Now subscription offer something for everyone.

Don’t forget, if you haven’t tried the subscription yet, there is a free 7-day trial waiting for you on PlayStation Store.

What’s your favorite game in the PS Now subscription catalog? Let us know in the comments.

So what are your thoughts on the PS Now database and cost for subscriptions?

• Like 1

Anyone that has played any games using PS now knows moreless the standard Internet speed to the service be worth it?, I know that with my actual speed the service is going to be useless when finally hits my country, but I would like to know how far away I am to be able to enjoy it.

Anyone that has played any games using PS now knows moreless the standard Internet speed to the service be worth it?, I know that with my actual speed the service is going to be useless when finally hits my country, but I would like to know how far away I am to be able to enjoy it.

Aside from speed let me just tell you about the MB usage.

In general I take up 4-8 GB a day. When I played on PS now, I played about 6-8 hours straight, and my usage for those 3 days was 25-30GB PER day, so lets say 90GB of internet in 3 days. I think ps now is cool, but it eats the hell out of your internet.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Like 1

I can't speak for the minimum amount required because I have about 50Mb download speed and 75 Mb upload speed (actual speeds I pay for 60/60). I have never had any problems with timing out or quality at these speeds though.

Aside from speed let me just tell you about the MB usage.

In general I take up 4-8 GB a day. When I played on PS now, I played about 6-8 hours straight, and my usage for those 3 days was 25-30GB PER day, so lets say 90GB of internet in 3 days. I think ps now is cool, but it eats the hell out of your internet.

It does use a huge amount of data. One definitely shouldn't get PS Now if one doesn't have a truly unlimited amount of data without any data caps. Edited by theguytom
  • Like 1

I cant find the free trial, was gonna download the games from ps now and play them on my main account if that's possible.

The subscription is not available on EU model ps4's as far as I know so I don't think that it is possible to get the free trial with an NA account and then play on an EU model.

By this I mean that only the beta version of ps now is allowed to be downloaded on to an EU model.

Edited by theguytom

Oh, well that's ballocks :(

Think of it this way, when it finally gets to your region there should be less bugs. I think their reasoning is that there aren't enough servers outside of North America so they think that players will time out too often. Either that or they want to see how their servers can handle just one region before bringing the service to other regions.
  • Like 1

So this PS now subscription thing is it only on ps4 I can subscribe ? o.O

I think it's worth it but like I said the streaming usage of your internet is crazy, can't play everyday forget it. I think US has a plan for unlimited download, in canada, where I am anyways "unlimited" is something like 250GB

So this PS now subscription thing is it only on ps4 I can subscribe ? o.O

I think it's worth it but like I said the streaming usage of your internet is crazy, can't play everyday forget it. I think US has a plan for unlimited download, in canada, where I am anyways "unlimited" is something like 250GB

I think I've heard of some Canadian ISP's making deals with streaming/gaming services where they don't count certain services against your limit. I can't name any, but it might be something to look into if you wanted to do so.

I think I've heard of some Canadian ISP's making deals with streaming/gaming services where they don't count certain services against your limit. I can't name any, but it might be something to look into if you wanted to do so.

I have Unlimited internet and I have no issues, although some days I feel as though I am being throttled by my ISP.

But my households general internet usage is roughly 500-600GB a month.