Mass Item Farming

To my knowledge, the seed exploit was going to be getting patched soon after I got my Platinum. Based on a previously new topic, it seems as though it hasn't.

There is a few ways people go about farming for the MASS amount of items in The Binding of Isaac, but the only truely successfull one i found out, is how I got my Platinum. I read up on MANY forums from different sites, and the most helpfull one I came across was from TheYuriG. Through several things I've read that he's wrote, including other information from other random sites, I came up with a way to get the majority of the games items with one SEED.

Use the SEED exploit that TheYuriG discovered (or heard of), with the SEED "BASE MENT."

This SEED will keep you from progressing outside of the basement, and put you in an endless loop of just the basement.

Since you can't have 2 of the same item, and since the level will never end, you can simply grab every possible bossroom, treasureroom, devil room, angel room, and curse room item with this method. The only downside is that you would need at least two runs since you can't grab angel and devil room items on the same run. Grabbing one will lock out access to the other. A very helpfull item to hopefully aquire early on in the run, is the goats head. This will give you an angel or devil room after EVERY boss kill (which ever isn't locked out). Spawning the angel room can get frustrating though, as for me, it took about 7 boss kills with the goats head for it to spawn over the devil room (after grabing the item, it'll stay angel).

After grabbing every item youhave unlocked from a specific room, you will ONLY find the breakfast item. If you only see breakfast from boss room, treasure room, curse room, and your angel/devil room; then would be a good time to start a new basement run. After completly clearing all items in both a devil run and angel run, use your item list to figure out which others you're missing. Hopefully this was done after all items were unlocked, so that you won't have to spend 20ish minutes on an additional run for a single item.

The only items (to my memory) that can't be obtained this way, are the specially aquired ones, and the boss specific ones. Items like from the arcade machines, breaking blue rocks, little chuby, and the photographs. The only boss specific ones you can get, are any from bosses that CAN appear in the basement. Most bosses are exclusive to certain floors after all.

Good tips. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely give it a go once the EU patch comes out (if ever) and I have another run at the plat. Sounds like you could get really, really OP.

I think this game still needs a guide by the way... J

ust putting that piece of information there, in case someone felt... inspired...

I suppose I could write a guide on it then. It would kinda make sense for me to do so.

Would be my third guide in like 1-2 weeks (waiting on approval for one atm).

Good tips. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely give it a go once the EU patch comes out (if ever) and I have another run at the plat. Sounds like you could get really, really OP.

ust putting that piece of information there, in case someone felt... inspired...

I suppose I could write a guide on it then. It would kinda make sense for me to do so.

Would be my third guide in like 1-2 weeks (waiting on approval for one atm).

Entirely up to you, but I think it would be a popular one as a lot of confusion abounds about how to unlock characters, what influences whether you get a Satan or Angel room, etc etc.

I strongly advise you not to wait for the EU patch with this. When the EU actually does get a patch, there's a rising chance it'll be one that fixes the ability to use seeds, so you'll have to grind out the items the normal way.

I have done it so that the only item i'm missing is the Godhead, which would minimize grinding should that be the case.

I strongly advise you not to wait for the EU patch with this. When the EU actually does get a patch, there's a rising chance it'll be one that fixes the ability to use seeds, so you'll have to grind out the items the normal way.

I have done it so that the only item i'm missing is the Godhead, which would minimize grinding should that be the case.

Good point. Thing I'm worried about is accidentally getting all the items, no trophy, and then the patch doesn't make the trophy pop retrospectively. 

Although you'd hope that they'd have thought about that eventuality...

I should have already got Dead Boy too. :(

Good point. Thing I'm worried about is accidentally getting all the items, no trophy, and then the patch doesn't make the trophy pop retrospectively. 

Although you'd hope that they'd have thought about that eventuality...

I should have already got Dead Boy too. :(

You literally can't get all the items since the Godhead item is currently glitched in a way that it won't unlock, so the best you can do is all but one item registered. The Godhead itself is confirmed to unlock retrospectively.

Not sure about Dead Boy, but i think we'd have heard of people not getting it already should that be the case.

Also, if you do go by the OP's method (i did) your game will start getting a bit laggy, potentially even crashing later on because the PS4 can't handle all the items at once. I suggest frequent saving on later levels to avoid losing progress.

You literally can't get all the items since the Godhead item is currently glitched in a way that it won't unlock, so the best you can do is all but one item registered. The Godhead itself is confirmed to unlock retrospectively.

Not sure about Dead Boy, but i think we'd have heard of people not getting it already should that be the case.

Also, if you do go by the OP's method (i did) your game will start getting a bit laggy, potentially even crashing later on because the PS4 can't handle all the items at once. I suggest frequent saving on later levels to avoid losing progress.

Pretty sure it's still glitched in EU. No-one on the EU list has it.

I'll bear those in mind and might get round to another run at it soon. Thanks for your comments.

That's one problem I would really have about writing a guide, the SEED exploit being patched. It would just ruin the guide and require me to re-write a large section, or remove an entire section all together if patched.

So i'm curious, why are you waiting to get the items pre patch? I got the platinum pre US patch, with only 1 trophy glitching (a kill isaac with samsun i believe).

At least I believe it's the same patch EU is waiting on.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

i'm still missing some items:

monster manual
odd mushroom
champion belt
magic 8 ball
MEAT!

but in 3 runs using the BASEMENT seed, i have never found any of them... After several levels i just end up getting breakfast.

Does the item pool contain every item of the game? Or is that item pool randomly generated for each game?

I don't understand how it is possible to not get a single item i still need using this farm method :/

Hello,

i'm still missing some items:

monster manual

odd mushroom

champion belt

magic 8 ball

MEAT!

but in 3 runs using the BASEMENT seed, i have never found any of them... After several levels i just end up getting breakfast.

Does the item pool contain every item of the game? Or is that item pool randomly generated for each game?

I don't understand how it is possible to not get a single item i still need using this farm method :/

You really should have got them, the game only starts spamming Breakfast after you've collected all the items you can. It might be possible that those items are exclusive to specific rooms, maybe try looking in shops or item rooms specifically. Either that or you may not have unlocked them.

Yet another theory would be you rerolled your items during your runs and locked yourself out of the items you got randomly. Maybe try avoiding items that reroll your loadout.