A Bit Confused

ShadowGandalf

I have the following games currently saved on my HDD, that were free on PS+:

Plants VS Zombies

Costume Quest

Trine 2

and yet none of them have an expiry date. Back to the Future does, as do the retro titles (Golden Axe, Streets of Rage etc) and all the free minis, but not those 3. When I look up the information page on those games the START DATE/END DATE doesn't appear at all. Why? Does that mean they're mine? They were FREE on PS+, not discounted. I always thought free full games were only yours while your subscription lasted ( I fully intend to renew it in Sep this year anyway ).

Any ideas?

I have the following games currently saved on my HDD, that were free on PS+:

Plants VS Zombies

Costume Quest

Trine 2

and yet none of them have an expiry date. Back to the Future does, as do the retro titles (Golden Axe, Streets of Rage etc) and all the free minis, but not those 3. Why? Does that mean they're mine? They were FREE on PS+, not discounted. I always thought free full games were only yours while your subscription lasted ( I fully intend to renew it in Sep this year anyway ).

Any ideas?

Hmmm strange. I have some games free from PS Plus that I got for free, but my membership expired and I have not gotten around to actually renewing it yet. None of the games that I know of have allowed me to come back to them. However, I have not checked Plats vs. Zombies as of yet.

EDIT: Can you believe that I wrote "Plats"???!!!! I guess you can tell what is on my mind! lol :lol: Obviously I meant Plants......

Edited by DanielVT

thats because for them you download the demo and then the 5kb full game activation thing i think. either way, they will expire once your ps+ ends. to check when ps+ ends, go to your account, and then the services/subscription and select PS+. this will tell you when it ends.

• Like 1

Ah, so Full Game Unlock Keys don't show expiry dates... ok, but what about Trine 2? That didn't HAVE a trial, or is it a present from Sony because of the ridiculous delay between the US and EU release? I remember them saying the discount for non subscribers was for this reason...

ok, but what about Trine 2? That didn't HAVE a trial, or is it a present from Sony because of the ridiculous delay between the US and EU release? I remember them saying the discount for non subscribers was for this reason...

Yes. Because of the huge delay between the US and UK release, those in the UK were offered this for free for a limited time.

Ah, so Full Game Unlock Keys don't show expiry dates... ok, but what about Trine 2? That didn't HAVE a trial, or is it a present from Sony because of the ridiculous delay between the US and EU release? I remember them saying the discount for non subscribers was for this reason...

I'm almost certain Trine 2 did have a trial and unlock :hmm: