Strategies to beat the Nightmare Train ?

Sigma999

I'm going for the platinum of this one and i'm can't simply beat this hell of extra sage of the campaign. Alisa dies as fast as light and then the devils surround me and beat the shit out of myself. I'm using Kazuya to do this Stages since he's the one with the most clothes upgrades i got. Is there a strategy to beat this ? Any special character to make it easy ?

I'm going for the platinum of this one and i'm can't simply beat this hell of extra sage of the campaign. Alisa dies as fast as light and then the devils surround me and beat the shit out of myself. I'm using Kazuya to do this Stages since he's the one with the most clothes upgrades i got. Is there a strategy to beat this ? Any special character to make it easy ?

Use any character, strip all improvements from Alisa let the devils defeat Alisa now ONLY defeat any big devils as they can do low hits) after that get knocked down and stay knocked down with only little devils until around 250-200(I think it was) now once Devil Jin arrives get up, grab the gatling gun and shoot him off the train. Simple.

• Like 2

I had trouble myself at first and I know your frustration. I noticed the AI sucked with Alisa, and so I switched to use Alisa myself with the AI using Lars, and the AI is definitely better off with Lars. Try not to get yourself corned into a wall because then you're just asking to be wall-spammed :P Also, when you start the level, grab the gatling gun and place it in the middle of the train (the area where there's no fence/rail). When Devil Jin appears, grab the gun and shoot him off the train to end the level easily. It took me only a couple of tries using this method xD 

Hope this helps ^-^ I've never heard of Kochiya's method before, but it wouldn't hurt for you to try that out also

• Like 1

I had trouble myself at first and I know your frustration. I noticed the AI sucked with Alisa, and so I switched to use Alisa myself with the AI using Lars, and the AI is definitely better off with Lars. Try not to get yourself corned into a wall because then you're just asking to be wall-spammed :P Also, when you start the level, grab the gatling gun and place it in the middle of the train (the area where there's no fence/rail). When Devil Jin appears, grab the gun and shoot him off the train to end the level easily. It took me only a couple of tries using this method xD

Hope this helps ^-^ I've never heard of Kochiya's method before, but it wouldn't hurt for you to try that out also

Definitely agree with this.

Alisa is much better controlled.

• Like 1

Devil Jin appears after a certain time has passed and as long as not too many devils are around otherwise thin them out and he'll appear and since the small devils can't do low hits the method I stated is the easy way. Minimal effort for for the reward in this case a trophy but actually doing the stage legitimately isn't all that difficult and I have done the stage with Lili, Asuka, Jin, Xiaoyu and Leo.

Another method that should make things easy is if you picked Devil Jin as your first unlock you could just spam his laser to thin out the devils until Devil Jin arrives and then use the gun to shoot him over the edge or laser spam him.

Devil Jin appears after a certain time has passed and as long as not too many devils are around otherwise thin them out and he'll appear and since the small devils can't do low hits the method I stated is the easy way. Minimal effort for for the reward in this case a trophy but actually doing the stage legitimately isn't all that difficult and I have done the stage with Lili, Asuka, Jin, Xiaoyu and Leo.

Another method that should make things easy is if you picked Devil Jin as your first unlock you could just spam his laser to thin out the devils until Devil Jin arrives and then use the gun to shoot him over the edge or laser spam him.

Yeah, hence why I said for him to try your method out too :P People have different playing styles/approaches, so whether he wants to do it easily is up to him or others reading this thread for help ^-^

I'm no expert at Tekken, but the method I used was easily enough for me xD Although I probably would've used your method at the time if I knew about it, haha

• 5 months later...

Kazyua spinning kick is all that's needed (with some decent gear, with Lightning/Freeze elements and high HP boosters if I'm not wrong.. was long ago, but it wasn't to bad, since I don't use Kazuya at all, and was able to do it with him.. at the time I was maining Zafina, and she really don't work well in this mode..)

Edit: just realized this is kind of an old thread that just got bumped..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

• 1 month later...

Another bump, I just finally plat'd Tekken 6 after 5 YEARS and 8 months.

I was stuck on this stage forever, quit playing Tk6 and never picked it up again, till yesterday.

I just beat this with Lili, so I can for sure say this doesnt NEED to be cheesed with Kazuya's spinning attack.

the one thing you need to focus on is, Backing up Alisa, of course first get her beefed up, I had her wearing +321hp +52atk +50 fire +10 regen, not the best of stats.

All I did was stay behind Alisa, and just atk the target she was atking to kill things faster but also this means all your hits will connect, it seems the mobs that atk you will usually block your atks so its a waste not to back up Alisa, if she dies make sure to make enough space for a revive, but try not to let this happen, she died on mine once thankfully I only needed to avoid 3 mobs to go rez her.

Just keep this strategy up, Devil Jin appears and like the other methods mention, use the Gattling Gun to knock him off, I did this in less than 10secs after Jin appeared, cant believe it was this easy, think the hardest part is surviving 40 of the mobs.

Lili only had a +308hp +52 fire +10% thunder +2 bound

pretty useless without a +Atk stat, I just couldnt find one or I had accidentally sold it, do note I'm playing a 5yr old save so I dont really know what I'm doing. If I, a newbie, can beat this, you should be able to also.

Also did this on Hard, even though the trophy doesnt mention you need to beat Nightmare Train on Hard...

Edited by HyeVltg3

• 4 months later...

Now that I've finally beaten the PS3 version of this (forgot to sync the trophy though so it won't show up yet :P ) I'll say this much. I managed this with an upgraded Alisa & Lars, but I played as Alisa. As I've seen pointed out before, the AI for Lars seems to be WAY better than it is for Alisa, and he mostly does alright. Just spam  :right:  :circle:  :circle:  (or  :left:  :circle:  :circle:, pending where you're facing) like, a lot. Plus other kick stuff, mainly to keep them from killing Lars.

Then obviously grab the gattling gun, go on an angle from where Devil Jin is coming from, and blast that fucker off the train. Using this tactic I got it in like, 2 or 3 tries.....after numerous attempts with both Lars and Kazuya though. lol.

So yeah, so long as Alisa (and Lars) has good health and strength you'll be fine playing as Alisa. And hell, if you want good item drops and stuff, Nightmare Train is a good place to farm for higher level stuff. Managed to get the "get an S rank item" trophy on that stage. Though I was also doing it on Hard to try and make that particular item drop easier to get (switched back to Medium difficulty to beat Nightmare Train though).

Edited by Thomas_Fyrehart
  • Like 1