Method for clearing areas faster (plus cool tips)

grbolivar

Normal Continents

With this method I'm clearing 20+ areas per day on the normal continents.

Party for normal battles:
Leader: Miyokutsu + Middle: strong SR spirit + Rent: Lv65 Shakyamuni/Lv 75 Kichipee.
Focus on defeating the first enemy(ies) in front of Miyokutsu then the middle one, do not care about the rented spirit. Use Miyokutsu battle skill to protect either herself or your middle spirit, as needed. You will rarely take damage with this party.

Party for bosses:
Leader: +30% attack SR spirit + Middle: strong SR spirit + Rent: Lv65 Shakyamuni/Lv 75 Kichipee.
Put your three spirits to attack the side enemies in front of your leader until there are no more enemy backups, then defeat the remaining enemy on the other side (in front of the rented spirit), then you can focus on the boss. Use Shakyamuni/Kichipee's skill to paralyze the boss. The boss is programmed to focus mostly on the time-stopper (the rented spirit) but still your two spirits will take some damage, so fight bosses only with spirits over +60-70% health.

Important info on this method
:

• The only problem with this method is finding a friend with a permanent Shakyamuni/Kichipee for rent. Many people stopped playing the game so maybe you can go to the GameFAQs.com DoS forum and ask if somebody can help you with a permanent Shakyamuni/Kichipee for rent. I left  Shakyamuni for rent, send me a PSN message if you want to add me as friend (PSN: grbolivar).
  • Devs gave a Miyokutsu for free at the start of this month (April) as a login bonus so you'll not have problems finding her. If you missed this Miyokutsu then ask if somebody can gift her to you or use another "1HP damage" spirit like Bonten or Barong; although they lack Miyokutsu's useful battle skill.
  • Rents are now 50% off, a Lv75 Kichipee costs now 450 blue points, you will get a portion back (or even all back) at the end of the battle, so ALWAYS rent.
  • With this method you don't need lots of spirits, focus on having 3-4 max-leveled SRs of each element. Try to have at least one "+30% attack skill" SR of each element for the boss fights.
  • For maximum effectiveness delete all but 9 friends so your friends with the Shakyamuni/Kichipee will always appear on the rent list; this list only shows 9 random friends, if you have more than 9 you risk your Shakyamuni/Kichipee friend not appearing for renting.

Fictional Continents

I devised a similar method that's effective for the fictional continents (Mu, Atlantis, Lemuria) but with a few changes. The progress is SLOW with this method but you'll free most areas without using so many revives, of course, you may have to revive in a couple boss fights, so save those Destiny Orbs for that.

It is HIGHLY recommended that you start working on the fictional continents as soon as you have a decent party of SR spirits. I repeat, the progress is SLOW with this method, but effective.

For normal battles:

You need to abuse your daily element with a simple rule: get on battles ONLY with spirits of your daily element and these battles MUST NOT have enemies your daily element is weak to. E.g, if your daily element is Metal, you fight only on battles that have NO Fire enemies. You'll reach a point where you can't progress anymore as the remaining areas will have Fire enemies so you must wait for the next day for your element to change. If your next day's element is Earth, then you get on battles with no Wood enemies. Repeat this every day, on all three continents. You might not be clearing a area per day, but you'll be progressing without much hassle on all areas at the same time; and while you wait for your element to change you can keep clearing areas on the normal continents.

Use this party for normal battles on the fictional continents:

Leader: 30% attack SR + Middle: Strong SR + Rent: Lv75 Kichipee (or Lady of the Depts). AGAIN, your Leader and Middle spirits must be of your daily element.

The technique is the same as before: put all your spirits to attack the enemies in front of your leader, then the enemy in the middle and for last the enemy on front of your rented spirit. Constantly use Kichipee's/Lady of The Depts' ability to paralyze enemies. You Middle spirit will take some damage but since you'll be progressing just a few battle per day it will not be much of a problem. If he dies, just replace him.

Here's a cheap video of a fight on Atlantis showing this method's efficacy (my daily element is Metal). Notice that my leader did not took any damage at all, even if the game threw in a couple Fire-types in there: https://youtu.be/lXwPecW2VX4

For bosses:

The strategy depends on the type of the boss fight, although you still need to fight bosses weak to your daily element, and your party must have only powerful Rs and SRs of your daily element.

• Dual bosses (two bosses at the same time): Focus on the weaker boss first and quickly dispatch him, then the other. Use the rented spirit to stop the non-weak boss. You'll not have much problem with these battles.
  • Consecutive bosses (one boss first, then another):The trick here is to have the FIRST boss be weak to your daily element. As soon as the battle starts focus your three spirits on the boss and ignore the side enemies, you'll destroy him in just a few seconds; when the seconds boss appears just proceed like with any other boss: destroy the side enemies then focus on him. Remember to always paralyze the boss with your rented spirit.
If you need to wait for you daily element to change to keep battling other bosses and if you have some spare spirits, you can try your luck and fight some bosses even if your remaining spirits are not of your daily element. There are a few boss fights that are rather easy, e.g. both bosses are of the same element; you can try with those.

Also, use these guides to know what bosses to expect:

Additional Tips

• Leave a few continental/zone bosses for farming orbs/stones. To farm a boss defeat him but on the summary screen (where you get the score and stones) do not press the NEXT button, just close the app. You'll get the stones and the boss will be available for battle again.
  • Leave your Destiny Orbs for the fictional continents. Battles there are HARD so you'll probably need to revive during fights.
  • Spy bosses before fighting them. Start a battle with the boss (do not rent) so you can see what side enemies he has, then leave the battle (touch the elements icon on the lower-left corner). With this knowledge now you can prepare for the battle.
Edited by grbolivar
  • Like 3

Thanks for the tips!

You make it sound so easy :D How is one supposed to max out that many SR-spirits in the time that is left? You say 3-4 SR:s of every element, I have like 10-12 altogether half of which is not worth the hazzle, and still struggling to keep up the R:s. And I will not have enough jokers anyway. Looks like I've bet on the right horses though, the only SR:s I have dared to pour energy on is Bonten and Arthur.

Is there a certain strategy one should go after regarding summoning spirits? I tend to get the least amount of spirits of the type that is the days lucky element, and after 2-3 summonings there will only be 1 or 2 UC:s per 10 summoning.

Is Cockatrice something to bet on?

Nice, I completed this in 5 months.

For light and dark bosses you can change blessing (which requires orbs), wait for a Great/Bad day.

But What I did was use the element of the day on my entire party and changed the light/dark boss to the weak element and pummelled it to oblivion.

For bosses like the Ghost Ship, Ziz, Ares, Cerberus, Ashura the Evil,etc... It's also best to avoid attacking the pawns and focus on killing them before they can use their battle skill which will devastate even a SR/R based party.

Also, I still play the game, add me to use my spirits.

• Like 1

Another useful strategy is to use Shakyamuni, Santa Verdandi, Kichipi, or another spirit, that has a time freeze ability.

If changing the enemy's element doesn't work freezing them worked for me.

Also, my spirits were ranged from level 35 - 55 when I completed the game (I also had a few pure merged spirits).

I have a few Hattori Hanzos ( that freeze time) and Ras (change enemy to metal) if you want them send me a trade request. 

Any tips for Light/Dark Boss?

Battle Light/Dark bosses ONLY on Bad Luck/Great Blessing days, respectively; otherwise they will destroy you. You can also follow TYTAN-P009's tips.

How is one supposed to max out that many SR-spirits in the time that is left?

Farm bosses, get tons of stones to summon and merge everything until max-level. If you don't have Jokers your only alternative is to keep summoning to get SR's (chance is about 1/500) and Rs (chance about 1/60) from your local summon pool. Also, you can get a few nice SR spirits on the ongoing (and upcoming) raids. You can also go to GameFAQS.com DoS boards and see if someone there is giving away any spirit, you may find something useful there. 

Edited by grbolivar
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've gotten to the point where I'm selling all C's, and have a couple hundred thousand spirit points. I no longer need to use  UC's to max out R's or SR's because they're already maxed and many are pure merged as well. So now my summoning stones are practically pointless. I have a bunch of R's and a couple SR's I have no use for and need more R's and SR's to pure merge my battle parties.

I'm about to try out the tips for the new continents and see if it helps because it's all I have left and the 30 day countdown has started.

The only thing I'd add is start trading ASAP. Don't wait. As soon as you get an R or SR spirit you aren't using, get it traded and get something that'll help you.