What would you change for the next game?

Dantes_994

So just what the tittle says :D I love Inquisition and it was SO CLOSE to having the wicked story that Origins had. But in the end for me it fell short because they made the story a bit shorter so that they could make a big world. And I understand why they did it, in the second game you would see everything there is in the first 5 hours of the game. In an RPG that is just not good enough. But for the second game I wish if they had to choose between 10 giant areas and the story that they choose the story. Maybe 7 areas but 5-6 more story missions? But considering that the next game will probably be only on the ps4 I think we can expect 15 areas and a story 3 times as long as Inquisition. Aside from that I want the usual stuff. More awesome companions, more cool weapons and armor, more Alistair, more Morrigan, more world changing choices (DAI was full of them keep that up) like a certain one in the fade which is in my opinion the hardest choice in any video game ever!!
Sorry for the rant but anyway, go!

But for reals, I did miss being able to set companion tactics. And maybe having healing spells again to stop my potions from disappearing so fast.

Spot on. I never really used tactics much in Origins or II, but on the few occasions I needed them they were very welcome. And while I understand the reasoning behind taking out healing spells in order to promote tactics/the tactical camera, I want them back. At the very least have them available outside of combat so you don't have to run back to camp every time you're low on potions.

I'd also like to see more companion interactions within the home base area itself. One of the biggest improvements in ME3 was the companions wandering around the ship and talking to each other for not-very-important reasons like telling jokes and visiting. I'd also like to see them doing more 'stuff.' Like going to the bar to get a drink or Varric going upstairs to write his book in the library; more realistic behaviours I guess? 

EDIT: BETTER GODDAMN HAIRSTYLES

Edited by Elyther

Spot on. I never really used tactics much in Origins or II, but on the few occasions I needed them they were very welcome. And while I understand the reasoning behind taking out healing spells in order to promote tactics/the tactical camera, I want them back. At the very least have them available outside of combat so you don't have to run back to camp every time you're low on potions.

I'd also like to see more companion interactions within the home base area itself. One of the biggest improvements in ME3 was the companions wandering around the ship and talking to each other for not-very-important reasons like telling jokes and visiting. I'd also like to see them doing more 'stuff.' Like going to the bar to get a drink or Varric going upstairs to write his book in the library; more realistic behaviours I guess? 

yeah that would be awesome. And am I the only one that wants cinematic conversations back? You know when you talk to someone and the camera shifts as you talk? I wasn't a big fan of the normal camera view when in dialogue.

More types of armour and bigger difference between the different types. I felt that a lot of the armour sets looked the same, which was a shame cause the game had so much variety on so many different levels. This is just a personal pet peeve though, it's not really influential to the game.  

• 1 month later...

I would like to see somewhere new. I'ld love to see Antiva, where their version of "The Game" is more physical than verbal. I'd love to see the Nocropolis of Navarra. Heck even a visit to Tevinter, which sounds like a more adult version of Hogwarts, plus slaves.

I want to see new characters and do not want to see any of the old ones (maybe as brief cameos, but that's it.) The next Dragon ge game needs to be its own thing and that's a bit hard to do if there are too many reoccurring elements. Leave the Grey Wardens out of the next game, and put the mages on the sidelines. Let whatever the conflict is be something different.

Gameplaywise I woiuldn't change too much, Combat is great as is. Except, bring back healing magic.

The Jaws of Haakon did actually present the possibility of a prequel. The backstory of Inquisitor Ameridan could easily be a game all to itself.

• Like 1