My favorite thing about Project Cars? NO tire screeching!

MafiaBrett

Now I understand tire screeching does happen but from a cockpit point of view, the engine in full blown race car is so loud that you shouldn't be able to hear the tires of your car screeching every single time you take a simple turn.

Let's use the Audi R18 at Le Mans for example to demonstrate. You'll notice Gran Turismo is the worst when it comes to tire screeching, Forza does it a little bit better but still noticeable on half of the track. Project Cars by far is the closest to real life cockpit racing.

#1 REAL LIFE FOOTAGE 

#2 PROJECT CARS FOOTAGE

#3 FORZA 5 FOOTAGE 

#4 Gran Turismo 6 FOOTAGE

Good point man! Good post!  B) 

For a moment there, without reading the header clip title, I thought the first clip was 'actual PROJECT CARS' gameplay footage.

And I was like....damn! Look how real those shadows and weather is like, even surpasses the DRIVECLUB weather update.  :D 

Only to find out that it was really the "REAL_LIFE" footage. (GoPro perhaps)  :facepalm:  :D  :D .

Am looking forward to this game though, are you.?

But I hope I could  :platinum: GT6 first :eyebrow:  before jumping in to Project Cars.

Cheers, mate!

-Razgriz

You really shouldn't hear any tires screeching during a race. If you do, then the driver has made a mistake.

Exactly! Tire screeching should only happen when the driver looses tire traction, basically means sliding all over the track. So many racing games have tire screeching and it bugs the hell out of me.

I still like Gran Turismo as a series but they can't call themselves a racing simulator if 80-100 mph turns with racing tires = tire screeching every time.

Le Man prototype and Formula 1 cars above all other cars.. should never screech their tires unless they are spinning out. Those cars and tires are designed specifically to allow maximum traction to be able to take extremely high speed turns.. it doesn't make sense.

Edited by MafiaBrett