Race the Sun Worth Playing? Review

Superbuu3

Yes i'm back with another review this month, love me or loathe me you're stuck with me:

Some videos to help with challenges in this topic here this game is tough so it will take me a while to finish all the videos i was planning.

(Footage from PS3 version)

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

As helpful as last time, sadly I already I'm getting my masochism dose lately, so I will skip this one. I would be interested in seeing more Apocalypse videos, though, it seems interesting, as I thought the normal levels to be a bit easy (I can be very wrong here, because playing and watching are very different things, but still).

• Like 1

As helpful as last time, sadly I already I'm getting my masochism dose lately, so I will skip this one. I would be interested in seeing more Apocalypse videos, though, it seems interesting, as I thought the normal levels to be a bit easy (I can be very wrong here, because playing and watching are very different things, but still).

At first the normal levels are pretty tricky, but as soon as you get upgrades the main issue is actually the sunsetting.

Apocalypse mode on the other hand is just really difficult, I'll definitely have a video up of it at some point as I am planning on doing a video to give hints and tips to beating four regions in that mode, which i feel is going to be insanely hard lol. That trophy is currently sitting at 1.5% and the get 5 million points in one run trophy is below 1%. I think this is going to take some serious playtime for me to get 100% and chances are i'll end up just playing on the vita version so i can just play it when i get a chance to continue.

That trophy is currently sitting at 1.5% and the get 5 million points in one run trophy is below 1%.

So both are rarer than Vanquish's platinum. You are shit out of luck if you want to quickly 100% this game. I wonder if you will push that far though? WANNA RACE? lol jk hell no

• Like 1

So both are rarer than Vanquish's platinum. You are shit out of luck if you want to quickly 100% this game. I wonder if you will push that far though? WANNA RACE? lol jk hell no

I'm hoping the % is just low due to a bunch of people suddenly starting to play but not getting that far due to plus. If not I'm going to be playing this game for a very long time -_-.

The game has a pretty decent Metacritic score of around 75, so i recon it's worth playing if you just want a good and simple, but challenging game to get into.

One question? Did you capture the footage of the PS3 or the PS4 version for your review?

Oh, and like the video that you made! Very helpful!

• Like 1

The game has a pretty decent Metacritic score of around 75, so i recon it's worth playing if you just want a good and simple, but challenging game to get into.

One question? Did you capture the footage of the PS3 or the PS4 version for your review?

Oh, and like the video that you made! Very helpful!

PS3 version, it was in the video description, but i'll ad it to this post, tahnks for pointing that out man :)

• Like 1

PS3 version, it was in the video description, but i'll ad it to this post, tahnks for pointing that out man

I was watching the video from here so i didn't know, thanks for the reply!  :wave:

Also i'm really happy the game looks the way it does on PS3 and it's not just another half-assed port.

• Like 1

I was watching the video from here so i didn't know, thanks for the reply!  :wave:

Also i'm really happy the game looks the way it does on PS3 and it's not just another half-assed port.

I completely agree i'm really impressed with how big a difference good lighting effects make, the way the shadows and stuff move around make up for the generally simple designs of the surroundings and the ship.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the % is just low due to a bunch of people suddenly starting to play but not getting that far due to plus. If not I'm going to be playing this game for a very long time -_-.

Nope, the percentage is already like that from before, it didn't lower so much recently because of plus. I would love to see you 100% it.

When I first started playing I wasn't very thrilled, but as soon after beating it I can safely say that it is a game worth playing.

The minimalistic art style, sound design and mechanics are really well tied togheter.

In the beginning I also thought that would be really hard to achieve the 5 million in one run, but if you give it a bash it is not that tricky. 

I was looking it up and apparently there is a steam achievement for this game called Queen which you need to make 10 million in one run. That would be the real deal. hahahahaha 

Edited by QueazyJoe