Story progression?

Total Tomb Raider noob here (never played any of the PS1/PS2 games). I have the Tomb Raider Trilogy and have already beaten Legend. Would I have to play through Anniversary to understand Underworld's story, or is there no link? I've heard Anniversary is a remake of the first Tomb Raider, and I know they rebooted Tomb Raider on PS2, so I'm inclined to believe there's no link, but I could be completely wrong on this, since I've never played a Tomb Raider game before getting the Trilogy.

I don't think you would struggle to understand the story in Underworld if you played that before Anniversary, although I think there are a couple of references but not much else. I would still recommend you play Anniversary first as I've always preferred to play games in a series in order of release.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 14/03/2013 at 2:01 PM, laker818 said:

Any plat this game? Im in the middle of beating it and wonder if its worth going after the plat. Any glitches?

Yes, with save reloading. This can be mitigated by keeping 2-3 save files instead of 1. Sometimes you won't be able to progress forward if you load a save in a stage like South Mexico - Midgard Serpent where you're required to proceed to a tunnel with your bike. The twist is sometimes the game will spawn you in without the motorbike so you have no way of progressing forward.

• 1 year later...