HELP! Negative XP on COD 4!

I recall this problem being caused by hackers+hacked lobbies, but it's been a while since I've played the old CoD. Here's a reply I've found on the callofduty.com community:

XP points negative and can't join any match

The same hack has been around since CoD4. This has happened to me in CoD4 and WaW, and i've heard of it happening in MW2. And apparently it's on BO1 now too.

Contact Activision customer support and ask if they can either restore or at least reset your account. I tried that when my CoD4 account got hacked and they weren't able to help, but that might be possible on a newer game because they it should be a bit more secure and they should have more control over it.

If the customer support cannot help, you can make a new account on your PS3, or learn how to use the hacks. It sucks that you have to become one the douchebags that caused the problem to get around it, but it might be the only way if you want to get online access with your current account.

For future reference, and as a countermeasure for anyone who accidentally ends up in such a lobby, do not back out the normal way or stick around until the match ends. Either turn off the console or sign out immediately (via XMB or just pull out network cable) DURING THE MATCH when you notice something is wrong, and whatever the hacker did will not stick on your account. Dashboarding is the only countermeasure that might save your account against these people.

EDIT:

Bad News: http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Resetting-your-Call-of-Duty-4-Modern-Warfare-stats-for-Xbox-360/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3AAll&fs=Search&pn=1

Please note: As of 02/14/2014, we will no longer be processing or supporting stat reset requests for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

It seems your only option is to use a new account, OP, unless you feel like trying your luck asking around for some good-natured cheater to "hack you back"@positive rank.

Edited by Vergilex
  • Like 1

What would be a good website?

I'm not sure why he said this was "wrong website", lol if it's about gaming then your topic should be fine. Though we may not be able to answer it as well as say the dedicated Call of Duty forums or something like that.

Either way, I know Call of Duty 4 is infested with hackers at this point, they are able to do quite a lot with your CoD 4 user profile, manipulate your character, change your rank/XP, and at this point probably even disallow your account from playing online sessions. It doesn't affect anything with your PSN account overall, it just affects your local account on Call of Duty 4. Like Vergilex said above, you may have to make a new account, or delete your saved data for the game.

All the 8 year old "hacking" kids that took over older call of duty games like CoD 4 and MW2 are unfortunate as those were (in my opinion) the best online Call of Duty games.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

My original topic was me asking for a modder to change my rank, i guess that's a bad word around here.

But that appears to be the only way to do it unless i jailbreak my ps3. Shame really. I would start a new account but i like to keep everything on one account if i can.

I'm actually impressed Modern Warfare still has a decent user base more than anything. Last time I played it on the 360, like 3 years ago, it was hackers everywhere. I was like 2 seconds in and my guy got thrown literally out of the map. This one bloke super jumped over me and everything. From a spectator standpoint, it was ... entertaining.