How are you people enjoying the game? Also how far are you in it?

Even though it's as clunky as the previous Witchers, it's the 1st time I've felt next gen. This is by the content alone because imo it is quite old school on the basis that it takes ages to do anything. Not being negative to you andzon but I can't stand these games within a game trophies ;) I really don't want to spend time playing Gwent as it just makes me feel like the developer wants to make $ off a cell phone version. It kind of reminds me of those extra games in Watchdogs, that was the only feature I didn't like in that game.

This game is quite incredible, highly recommended.

I totally understand, Gwent is like a separate game put into another. I happen to enjoy it but I understand it's not the high point for many, and you do need to play quite a lot for the trophy. Luckily we don't need to finish every single side quest :P

For the ones having trouble with potions: I haven't really started looking for specific ingredients until recently. I got the formulae and ingredients for like 3 oils and potions by just exploring the areas near the quests (main and side). And I do think they make a really big difference in combat. For example, here is a gameplay video I made:

I'm playing on Death March. I was one level above recommended for this fight. I used enhanced spectre oil and enhanced thunderbolt, and as you can see, I had zero trouble.

Edited by oretnom85

I like it, not sure if I love it. The world is beautiful, quests are well made for the most part. Sadly there are tons of frustrating elements, not only the so-so optimization. The game doesn't even run at a smooth 30fps. The most frustrating part is the clunky movement, and how I sometimes have to spend 4 seconds to pick something up or interact. Sometimes I stop moving my stick yet Geralt keeps walking for 2 seconds; incredibly annoying. You cannot escape combat unless you run away, so say you want to climb a ladder or jump over an obstacle.. nope. Missable trophies in a game this huge is also bull. The game isn't bad though, I just brought up some negatives.

You'll definitely get your moneys worth, no matter what really.

I love Gwent, really well made card game. Plus points for that.

The frames per second improved for me after the patch, dunno if you felt the same thing. Have to disagree with the game being clunky, though. Sure some small annoying things such as lighting-extinguishing flames, but that's getting fixed the next patch that might drop later today or tomorrow. Geralt's movement has weight to it which I kind of like, even though I wish the standard jogging animation looked a bit more smooth. Also its the kind of game you play twice and thrice, missable trophies not that big a deal.

I think I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of content tbh andzon :D  , and I'm really really bad at Gwent, that bad I might need a youtuber to help!

Keep buying cards from merchants to assemble a proper deck. There is a side quest in Novigrad later on that gives you 3 very powerful cards, make sure to nab them and keep playing innkeeps and merchants. You'll soon become a card wizard in no time.

Some other tips: limit environmental cards in your inventory to 1 of each. Make sure to always have draw cards [cards which give your enemy extra points, but let you draw two extra cards] so even if you can't possibly complete with the sheer numbers, you can outlive them. If you see your opponent destroying you, skip the round instead of wasting all your cards for a victory so you can outdo them the next round.

Just started Act 2, think I've locked in my romance with Yen as I completed her personal quest at the end of Act 1, and they both professed their love for one another

Didn't even attempt to romance Triss as I didn't like her character as much in this as The Witcher 2

I also like Yen myself, personality-wise a lot more than Triss, sort of girl I'd get along with in real-life, though being gay I wouldn't make a move aha

Loving the game

Story feels like its really starting to pick up

Also old-lady nudity, wasn't pleasant xD

I absolutely love this game! Everything from the combat down to the bestiary and alchemy. I also find some humor here and there. And I've barely made it to Skellige. I love taking contracts on monsters and waiting to see what that monster looks like. Then reading about it in the bestiary.

Gwent is awesome too. It's really easy and enjoyable once you build a good deck. When playing it for the first time, I just went with the flow guessing and used no guides. Now I'm pretty damn good at it, got the hang of it after two games.

Edited by -Dark Mark-

• 3 weeks later...

I've just done the training with the little girl and basically the start but it isn't appealing to me yet... unsure whether I should have kept the packaging on and have been able to get more for it if I sell it

Edited by ashkilljoy

Game is absolutely awesome, great imersive story, carachters that you really like and enjoy playing with them. The world is huge, incredible and really well done! Monsters are unique!

Only problems are the neverending loading scenes, and delay with fps constructing scenarios and gameplay. But nothing that ruins your experience.

When I first bough the game I was loving it but then I went through a period where I got really bored with it and I stopped playing it for a few weeks.

I have just this week picked it back up though and I am loving it again, currently in Novigrad and I am nearly level 15. Really glad I got myself back into it again. 

This game is really amazing but I had only one problem with it. When you go to the velen for the first time, it seems that you're too weak for every side quests that is within your level range (they show up with green text). Only after you do a couple of main quests and get better gear does it feel like you can finally explore the world. (It could be that I just suck at the game.)

Edited by DDrag00n

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not into RPG, but few years ago I got really immersed in Skyrim. I played over 200 hours (which is a lot for me).

When I first saw The Witcher I wasn't really into it. But I start seeing the gameplay and was astonished with its potential. I thought "will it fill my need to a new elder scrolls?". 

So far, it is the only game I have ever pre-order and can easily say that was an amazing idea. I'm loving it. It is not easy sometimes to deal with every aspect of crafting, alchemy and oils, but the world and the diversity is ridiculous. Even the freaking weather makes my jaw drop. I didn't finished yet, since I only got some free time in july, but I've been able to explore the world and get immersed in it.

Couldn't recomend it more, even for people that are not really into western RPG.