Forum: missing game sections カタカナ キャラクターズ 漢字

I've checked some new Japanese games and it seems that any game with full Japanese name (in kanji/hiragana/katakana) prevents the forum subsection from being created.

Is this a known feature?

Is something planned to be done with this? Like, creating a subforum with its romaji name. Or maybe just creating a Japanese Games subforum?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I'm still waiting for an Anime section to be created.

There is a media section, and an off-topic section.

why do so many game sites have a bunch of anime stuff discussed? What does anime have to do with games?

And is there not some anime site with forums that all the folks who love this stuff could go to?

why do so many game sites have a bunch of anime stuff discussed? What does anime have to do with games?

I understand your concern and I used to think the same about all those WWE/MMA/FFA threads, until someone explained me that is always best to find sites that can gather as many subjects you like at once, so you don't need to go back and forth to talk about 2 subjects when you can do both at the same time in a single site.

Also, I don't know how is the gaming pop. where you live, but at least here I feel like 60% of the gamers are otakus as well. seems like the two groups goes hand in hand, like lovers are supposed to.

There is a media section, and an off-topic section.

And is there not some anime site with forums that all the folks who love this stuff could go to?

I don't know why you're so opposed to the idea. Anime is another form of entertainment just like Video games and Movies, that being said there is a huge audience for it that exists in this site and I'd much rather discuss topics in an isolated section than in two diverse sections but it seems from Sly's response to my post it is unlikely to happen.

EDIT: Sorry, Satoshi. I went off topic.

Edited by the_drag0n2

I've checked some new Japanese games and it seems that any game with full Japanese name (in kanji/hiragana/katakana) prevents the forum subsection from being created.

Is this a known feature?

Is something planned to be done with this? Like, creating a subforum with its romaji name. Or maybe just creating a Japanese Games subforum?

my guess is that the forums can only use the english alphabet. I think there are threads as examples that have topic titles that try to show a japanese dialect but come out as symbols instead

it's probably the same with other non-english alphabets like Cryllic

Nevermind, must be some other reason

Edited by A-Brawl3r

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jp

my guess is that the forums can only use the english alphabet. I think there are threads as examples that have topic titles that try to show a japanese dialect but come out as symbols instead

it's probably the same with other non-english alphabets like Cryllic

Nevermind, must be some other reason

I thought the same, but as you expect, it doesn't seem that way (added that to thread's name to prove.)

The characters appear correctly in here and in the Feedback section. The only problem is with the link in the status field of the browser but that's not problem of the site.

• Like 1

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jp

I thought the same, but as you expect, it doesn't seem that way (added that to thread's name to prove.)

The characters appear correctly in here and in the Feedback section. The only problem is with the link in the status field of the browser but that's not problem of the site.

actually, what i previously said before is somewhat true as when i saw the thread on the home page it shows symbols instead of the japanese letters

however i don't think it has to do with why the games without english titles don't have their own section

Edited by A-Brawl3r