We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

Checkpoint 12 - Complete the Tower of Providence

Make sure you do the weapon testing sidequest in Selray (Ozma's home town in cae I spelt it wrong), and be sure to choose the weapon you did not pick up last time. The weapon testing sidequests are the only quests you need to worry about and you need to keep choosing the alternate weapon you did not pick last time.

Any issues you run into just post to get someone's attention. Be sure to always have a decent supply of health potions and to save regularly as bosses should not be underestimated.

Ha-ha. Hahahaha! After finishing the game, I've found out that in addition to the last one blasted harvest point, I'm also apparently missing two chests, even though there is no indication on the map that I did miss them. So with my 98,6 % chests and 99,6% harvest points, most likely even after finishing Nightmare (I hope that both trophies will pop during Nightmare run, but I still won't get my hopes up), I'm going to be stuck on my backup Normal save file for awhile. 

And seeing as you lot are already moving towards the Tower and I won't have the time to search everything all over again, I'm going to make a fast run towards the Checkpoint 12 without exploring. Woe is me.

I could add some of my usual story-related remarks (Adol was given such a stupid title), but now my mind is so overflown with thoughts about possible locations of all those missing things, I'm not in the condition to relay my thoughts without spouting nonsense.

*storms off*

Ha-ha. Hahahaha! After finishing the game, I've found out that in addition to the last one blasted harvest point, I'm also apparently missing two chests, even though there is no indication on the map that I did miss them. So with my 98,6 % chests and 99,6% harvest points, most likely even after finishing Nightmare (I hope that both trophies will pop during Nightmare run, but I still won't get my hopes up), I'm going to be stuck on my backup Normal save file for awhile. 

Chests and resource points don't show up on the map if you haven't spotted them. My guess is it's one of the hidden chests in the dungeons, so I recommend going through all the dungeons again and explore everything. You may even find the missing resource point.

Checkpoint 12 - Complete the Tower of Providence

Make sure you do the weapon testing sidequest in Selray (Ozma's home town in cae I spelt it wrong), and be sure to choose the weapon you did not pick up last time. The weapon testing sidequests are the only quests you need to worry about and you need to keep choosing the alternate weapon you did not pick last time.

Any issues you run into just post to get someone's attention. Be sure to always have a decent supply of health potions and to save regularly as bosses should not be underestimated.

Reached it ;).

game seems really short on new game plus as you can just run through areas and skip text, let me know when you want a new checkpoint guys. I'm not sure how much effort you guys are putting in.

Also who should i give the level 72 weapon to, I just realise my weapons for Duren, Karna and Adol are like 15-20 and the other three don't have ultimate weapons. Also does that 1 million gold item instantly make an item level 72?

game seems really short on new game plus as you can just run through areas and skip text, let me know when you want a new checkpoint guys. I'm not sure how much effort you guys are putting in.

Also who should i give the level 72 weapon to, I just realise my weapons for Duren, Karna and Adol are like 15-20 and the other three don't have ultimate weapons. Also does that 1 million gold item instantly make an item level 72?

I'm waiting for the next checkpoint :awesome:.

I first upgraded Adol's ultimate weapon and armour to +72, because I used him for almost the entire playthrough. After that I upgraded Karna and Frieda's ultimate weapons. Because Karna's ranged attacks are needed for the Underground Ruins boss and Frieda's upgraded EXTRA Skill causes more damage. And yes using that Golden pedestal instantly raises a weapon/armour to +72.

Congrats :yay:

If you've succesfully completed all the side quests during the first playthrough, got Duren's enemy entry, crafted and bought all the items in Comodo, and obtained all 4 wreaths from Happy Present, there's no need to complete the other side quests again on NG+. Though there's a side quest in Danan that rewards items that raise your max hp, strength and defense. And another side quest at the end of the game in Casnan that gives a 300 hp boost. The side quest in Casnan requires you to complete the Fabros Milk side quest at the start of the game.

Thanks Dragon! I'll keep an eye out for the two side quests you suggested - I think I remember them both from the first playthrough.

I've just hit checkpoint 12 as well, so I'm ready for the next checkpoint whenever everyone else is happy to move on

So have been a little quiet of late with this game. Was kinda frustrated with finding the final few resource points, which finally found today thanks to Dragon's guide.

Just finished first play through, and managed to defeat the uber floris monster so ready for nightmare. Have a few misc trophies like all the treasures but have made a save and will go back to it later, time to catchup with everyone :)

I'm hoping everyone is making good progress remember if you're missing anything tell us so we can help you.

Checkpoint 13 - Complete the Events at Danan Village

Nice, the 2nd playthrough is going so much faster :D. Also reached the checkpoint :P.

Thanks Dragon! I'll keep an eye out for the two side quests you suggested - I think I remember them both from the first playthrough.

I've just hit checkpoint 12 as well, so I'm ready for the next checkpoint whenever everyone else is happy to move on

You're welcome :D

Just hit checkpoint 13 this morning - it's surprising how quickly this checkpoint can be completed when you just skip though all the dialogue!

No issues so far: I've completed the first two weapon testing side-quests and I've accepted the third which I guess I'll be able to complete in the next checkpoint. That said, Madogra-Slefs aren't exactly easy to kill, so this last side-quest will probably be tricky.

Just hit checkpoint 13 this morning - it's surprising how quickly this checkpoint can be completed when you just skip though all the dialogue!

No issues so far: I've completed the first two weapon testing side-quests and I've accepted the third which I guess I'll be able to complete in the next checkpoint. That said, Madogra-Slefs aren't exactly easy to kill, so this last side-quest will probably be tricky.

Using healing items would work otherwise if you're patient just unleash the healing artifact and you can hit and run. You're probably a lot better at the game at this point and able to dodge better though. You could also put really strong armour on teh character who needs to kill it.

Using healing items would work otherwise if you're patient just unleash the healing artifact and you can hit and run. You're probably a lot better at the game at this point and able to dodge better though. You could also put really strong armour on teh character who needs to kill it.

On Nightmare the Mandogra-Slefs are extremely resilient and annoying. They inflict poison and stun with their attacks (even while wearing a +72 ultimate armour). It took a while for me to kill 5 of them. What I did was spamming Frieda's upgraded EXTRA skill, immediately switch to Adol and spam Aura Fencer and attack when you run out of SP. After that keep attacking to refill the EXTRA gauge (equipping an upgraded Ares Seal speeds this proces up a lot), get out of the Slef's range of attack, equip an upgraded Spirit Cloak to heal, and go back to use the EXTRA skill. It's a bit time consuming, but doable.

I've hit checkpoint 14.

Thank you for the tips on how to defeat the Madogra-Slefs - although it was a bit of a lengthy process, they weren't that much of an issue. I now have all 6 of the weapons which are associated with the weapon testing side-quests; I just need the 3 remaining ultimate weapons now!

Just reached checkpoint 13. Seemed amazingly short but then I only realized today that you can fast-forward cut scenes with the circle button... sure sped thing up!

I can't believe that I've only just now realised that you can do that... -_- 

I've just been touching the touch-screen as quickly as possible to skip through the dialogue... haha! Ah well, thanks for the heads-up!

I can't believe that I've only just now realised that you can do that... -_-

I've just been touching the touch-screen as quickly as possible to skip through the dialogue... haha! Ah well, thanks for the heads-up!

Yeah I was spamming the touch-screen as well, it was only when I got to the highland village that I experimented with the other buttons and it makes it so much faster.

Whew, I've finally caught up to you people. Roos' Nest completed. All hail the Gale Shoes. With them I've covered the distance between Highland and Danan in 4 minutes.

Also, two news.

Bad one: Still haven't found that last treasure chest. So if somebody else here was missing a few after finishing Iris and found them, can you mention where exactly? (My Iris is clean, by the way).

Great one: While that last chest still eludes me, the last harvest point is no more! It was in Highland, along the main road. I have no idea how I or my two partners could have missed it. Oh well. Here's the happy Leo for the occasion.

8DYcpx9.jpg

• Like 1

Whew, I've finally caught up to you people. Roos' Nest completed. All hail the Gale Shoes. With them I've covered the distance between Highland and Danan in 4 minutes.

Also, two news.

Bad one: Still haven't found that last treasure chest. So if somebody else here was missing a few after finishing Iris and found them, can you mention where exactly? (My Iris is clean, by the way).

Great one: While that last chest still eludes me, the last harvest point is no more! It was in Highland, along the main road. I have no idea how I or my two partners could have missed it. Oh well. Here's the happy Leo for the occasion.

8DYcpx9.jpg

Nice congrats with the resource points. Chest progress is reset on NG+, so you'll have to collect them all again or load your save from the first playthrough.