Favorite video game covers

Death

I was looking through my collection recently and started noticing how badass some of them were. Post some of your favorite covers! They don't all have to be PS3 games.

Contra_III-_The_Alien_Wars_-_1992_-_Konami.jpg

Alien_Vs_Predator_-_1993_-_Activision.jpg

1086039601-00.jpg

562988_18222_front.jpg

mgs3_subsistence.jpg

resident-evil-cover.jpg

TLoTMN.jpg

197177_42051_front.jpg

972911633-00.jpg

1159416853-00.jpg

super-metroid-3-pl.jpg

SWroguesquad1.jpg

us_plok.jpg

REOF2Cover.jpg

reda.jpg

Sorry for making a big post. Then again, some of these covers were made with a great attention to detail and have tons of little things that probably couldn't have been seen if they weren't so big. heh heh :blush:

• Like 2

You have an... Odd taste in box art, Deth.

Spoilered for page stretch prevention:

Shadow of the Colossus:

OYHfi.jpg

Okami:

T3D6O.jpg

Final Fantasy X:

cRznG.jpg

Resident Evil 4 Limited Edition:

ByJLq.jpg

Killer7:

Le3Ph.jpg

Katamari Damacy:

FUBWD.jpg

Those covers are the most boring covers i have ever seen ? .

at least Deths chose covers with some spirit it .. they are all awesome, and you can see that the there has been put a lot of work into making those covers

Those covers are the most boring covers i have ever seen ? .

atleast Deths chose covers with some spirit it .. they are all awesome, and you can see that the there has been put lots of work into making those covers

Different strokes, I suppose.

I value cover art, and as such I think that men with guns on the box are boring, cliche and derivative. The beautiful Japanese rice painting of Amaterasu on Okami's box, the graceful melding of colours and minimalism of Final Fantasy X, the bright and colourful simplicity of Katamari Damacy... They're far more artistically interesting than "hurr, I am man with gun".

Notable exception to my general dislike of Deth's picks: MGS3 has awesome box art.

Different strokes, I suppose.

I value cover art, and as such I think that men with guns on the box are boring, cliche and derivative. The beautiful Japanese rice painting of Amaterasu on Okami's box, the graceful melding of colours and minimalism of Final Fantasy X, the bright and colourful simplicity of Katamari Damacy... They're far more artistically interesting than "hurr, I am man with gun".

Notable exception to my general dislike of Deth's picks: MGS3 has awesome box art.

But there is a lot of detail. Look at all of the enemies around the main characters on the cover of Dead Aim. Look at all of the havoc going on Rogue Squadron's cover. And there are some covers that don't have guns shown at all like PLOK, Resident Evil remake, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja etc.. And it isn't my fault that the games with guns on the covers are shooters. What do you expect them to hold in their hands? Groceries and a pair of shoes? :huh: MGS3's cover is the most simplistic of the bunch. I think you just like the minimalist approach. I like it when artists take their time and make an appealing cover.