Trophy tip for Firefly/Hunter trophies

These are the trophies for completing the 12 week journey in mp and occasionally you get events that risk wiping out 100% of your progress.

I was doing a 100% challenge and I chose heals. My buddy called mid match and I didn't want the match to end losing half the time so I put the ps4 in Rest mode.

To my surprise it saved my heals during the match but since the match never ended a day didn't pass. When I went back on I was on day 1/3 with 9/15 heals. Phase 1 of the event was completed and I needed 1 more heal for phase 2. I was easily able to finish day 1 with all 3 phases of the event done.

Edited by big_bob002

You can quit to the xmb mid match and a day won't progress but it will save your event progress.

I know you posted on the PS4 forum, but I think it's important to point out that this very part doesn't happen on the PS3 version. Neither days or progress are saved if you XMB quit.

EDIT: According to Rowdi's info (see below) it might be a hit and miss thing, working sometimes and not others.

Edited by TheYuriG

I know you posted on the PS4 forum, but I think it's important to point out that this very part doesn't happen on the PS3 version. Neither days or progress are saved if you XMB quit.

Cool. Does the ps3 version have this stupid event system with the 100% loss ones?

Cool. Does the ps3 version have this stupid event system with the 100% loss ones?

Yeah, the requirements are the same for the base game, just DLC on ps4 is easier IIRC.

EDIT: MStalker58 beaten me to it. :ninja:

Edited by TheYuriG

I'm not sure if I'm the exception or the rule, because I only quit by xmb twice. My progress saved even though the days didn't progress. At the time, I remember thinking that it was fair because being dropped from games sometimes counted as a loss. Sometimes I wouldn't even start the next match before getting booted and my days would still progress. I'm just thankful it never happened during a challenge.

Edit: on ps3

Edited by Rowdi

I'm not sure if I'm the exception or the rule, because I only quit by xmb twice. My progress saved even though the days didn't progress. At the time, I remember thinking that it was fair because being dropped from games sometimes counted as a loss. Sometimes I wouldn't even start the next match before getting booted and my days would still progress. I'm just thankful it never happened during a challenge.

Quick update. I just experimented and if I quit to xmb it doesn't save any progress. If I go into standby it works.

If anyone in the future wants to try and verify it's working for them that would great.

Maybe it's a hit and miss thing them. I remember quitting 2x on PS3 due to rounds I was raped on 100% days and my challenge progresses didn't progress. If you say that it does work on the PS3, I would like to detract my previous statement that it does not.

Maybe it's a hit and miss thing them. I remember quitting 2x on PS3 due to rounds I was raped on 100% days and my challenge progresses didn't progress. If you say that it does work on the PS3, I would like to detract my previous statement that it does not.

In my experience, on the PS3 version, it seemed to be a hit and miss thing like you said. Sometimes when I got disconnected from a match, or quit to the XMB, my progress wouldn't save but it would advance a day. Other times my progress would save/no days had passed. Most of the time it seemed that neither my stats or days would save. Luckily it never really messed up on me during the 100% risk challenges.

This also happened sometimes when I joined matches already in progress with only a few minutes left.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1