opening a chest in brimcliff mine

c464646

So

I am on the brimcliff mine on level 420F

where there are candles and pedestals for red bible

I did completed the projector for this level(420F) by putting bible and blowing/lighting the candles

I forgot to get a drill from the chest from this level

so i went back to 420F from other level

but........chest is locked.....

is there a soltion for this

or is this some kind of a glitch?

I had the same thing happen to me. The bible disappeared so I had to collect it again and redo the candles then the chest unlocked. Try doing it again and it might work for you too.

could you please explain more specifically?

my case, i have the bible, i put it on all of the pedestals but can only blow out 2 candles by the poster or picture which says FATHER

i did it multiple times but wouldn't open

Now I'm confused which chest you are after. If you're at the picture that has the word FATHER under it and there are only 2 groups of candles then you are on 480 not 420.

On 420 the picture doesn't have the word FATHER and there are about 7 or 8 groups of candles. If you are after the chest on this floor relighting the correct candles with the bible in place should reopen the chest. (Check that your projector is completed, if it's not then you may have missed something else.)

If that doesn't work then it may have glitched on you. For me the whole thing reset. I actually had to find the bible again before doing the candles. Start with all the candles blown out, then place the bible and light the correct candles.

Here's a good video to follow, skip to 25:33 to see this puzzle.

If this still doesn't work then I don't know what else you can do except go back to an earlier save or start again.

• 3 weeks later...

So

I am on the brimcliff mine on level 420F

where there are candles and pedestals for red bible

I did completed the projector for this level(420F) by putting bible and blowing/lighting the candles

I forgot to get a drill from the chest from this level

so i went back to 420F from other level

but........chest is locked.....

is there a soltion for this

or is this some kind of a glitch?

I also had this exact same thing happen to me. I forgot to pick up the drill bit and came back later and the chest was locked.

I figured it was a glitch. Luckily I had a recent save and loaded that up and managed to get it. The chest only opens when the projector has stopped.

• 1 month later...