orenjikitty's (un)original showcase

orenjikitty

showcase.png

Introduction:

I've always loved art. I was one of those kids who drew on the sides of their notebooks, even if I had to hand in that particular page. I got into digital art back in 2003, when I started helping out with scanlations. From there, I made more avatars and more text based sigs but I've lost track of those.

My most comfortable medium is still pencil and paper but most of the time, I end up scanning my sketches and colouring them on Photoshop. I used photoshop off and on over the years but sig making was something I never really dived into. I started doing more of it around 2009 and for the first couple ones, they were really plain and ugly. From there, I've just been learning more, trying out my own thing and making sigs for those who ask me on the CB.

Here's my super unoriginal showcase.

First Sig:

sims3sig.png

Yup. Super plain and straight forward. I was just getting back into the rhythm of things after a long hiatus from digital art. Made it for thesims3.com and used it until I decided not to visit the site as much.

Personal Favourites

Contest Sig

sigbattleartistchoice.png

I honestly forget what this won, though I think it's a Sig of the week. I think. First real test I put for myself, using stock photos of the game, angles and textures. The colours reflected the location of the game while showing the different factions of the game at the same time.

Personal Sig

hawke_da2_by_villafj-d502666.png

The lighting of this sig, the use of the c4ds and just the flow of it makes it my personal favourite. Looking back at the psd, most of the efffects were just smudging and light effects. Not bad considering I made this when I was half asleep.

Latest work:

Digital

tlok__korra_sig_by_villafj-d52o4v2.png

In case some of you didn't know this, I love Avatar: The Last Airbender. When its sequel came out, The Legend of Korra instantly became a reason for me to wake up before noon on a weekend. Sig is made using my own render of Korra and a stock picture of Republic City, the backdrop of the show.

Past Works

Collection of my past works (at least, what was on the computers for now). Most of the sigs, I have used as my own signature, while others I just made for practice. Mixed media ones are always done in paper/pencil before being fine tuned in Photoshop.

If any of you want to use the renders, feel free to. Just comment on here or dA that you're using them.

Contest Sigs

sigbattleWET.png_SOTM_Skate.png_SOTM_GTA.png_sigbattleartistchoice.png_rinzler.png_mara.png

[--]

psnp_sotm1.png_squall.png_psylocke.png

Personal Sigs

2009/2010

sig1.png_lbp2.png_tekkensig.png_canucks.png_shanks.png_KHBbS.png_yun.png

opcrew.png_RDRUN-1.png_borderlands.png_DAO_mage.png_DAO_Hnoble.png_deacon.png

Jan-March

ef.png_aela1.png_sr3.png_kaoriSSX.png_BL2_Maya.png_ACIII.png_yuffie.png

April-May

tagwall_banner.png

June

korra-1.png

Gifts/IVC Requests

Sigs/Icons

AT.png_charmander.png_broy300_sig1.png_C_34_Mrequest1.png

Wallpapers

revan.png_WALLBioshock.png_gim_ac_revelations_wallpaper_by_villafj-d4pakb0.png_Code_DMCwp.png_WALLborderlands.png_Revanredux.png_WALLskyrim.png

a06_lovers_2.pngm06_lovers.pngm14_temperance.pngm19_sun.pngm21_world.png

VG Cats LJ Icons

sephy.pngleo_wtf.pngcloud_WTF.pnggirl_gamer.pngleo_litter.png

Misc Icons

597icons.pngzen-endless.gifhika_non.pngGWars1.pngfemshep_icon1.png

Banners/Wallpapers

hitachiin1.pngvzororobin.png_ME3_girls.png_WALLDMCwomen.png_FB-banner1.png_Aela.png_WALLshepmiri.png

Renders

mrfreeze.png_Siren07.png_zero_bl.png_borderlands_2__salvador_render_by_villafj-d4rj0qr.png_Axton_BL.png

Mixed Media & Paint

brettrepnameREVISED.png_cam_repsuit.png

• Like 3

Some really nice stuff up there, this is my favourite;

[snip]

Glad you won that one B)

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Chambers!

Awesome checklist oren....looking forward to seeing it grow.... :)

Thanks CMG!

Also on that note, I'm mostly done with the list. Only a couple more updates and I should be able to take requests over at IVC. It would have to be next week though since I'm going on vacation tomorrow to Cuba. Should be back Sunday.

I'll be on my friend's iPad (probably) but I wont be able to do any full sigs til Sunday. See you all then. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

such a smexy showcase :holy: The winning entry for the Heroes SOTM is my favorite one :)

Thanks bladia! I was honestly surprised on how well that one did. I love it though. Psylocke was always a favourite of mine.

updated with some new stuff. Hopefully more in the works.