Do I need to return Jade Statues for 100% completion?

I think there is. One of the medals requires you to have all of the lockboxes, security cameras, and statues IIRC. Also the Dim Mak move will help you to earn higher Triad Score because it gives you 30 base triad exp instead of the normal counter attack's 15 base exp. Using the other upgraded melee skills will also net you more Triad Score.

Because this is the definitive edition, you can get a lot of triad xp doing the Shaolin showdown dlc and the added fight tournament dlc which is set on the island in the north part of the map.

Yes that's right but I still had to replay about 5 missions to push the XP up to level 10 with the triad bonus clothes. What really seemed weird to me was how easy it is to max out cop in comparison to triad

Is that on the main game? Haven't saw that yet.

The Shaolin Showdown DLC will appear as a yellow icon at the temple in North Point and the way to to island tournament will appear as a yellow icon in Central near the water. You might have to play the base game for a set time before they open. The island tournament also carries collectible statues. I think there's also an extra event which might give you triad xp near the docks in North Point where it's a fight using only knives. All these appear as long as it's the Definitive Edition you're playing.

The Shaolin Showdown DLC will appear as a yellow icon at the temple in North Point and the way to to island tournament will appear as a yellow icon in Central near the water. You might have to play the base game for a set time before they open. The island tournament also carries collectible statuAlready completed the  es. I think there's also an extra event which might give you triad xp near the docks in North Point where it's a fight using only knives. All these appear as long as it's the Definitive Edition you're playing.

I already completed the game.