Data corruption - backup and startup issues

Guenter_G

12 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had any issues with doing a backup of your Vita?

• Yes, it has never worked anytime I tried
    • Yes, but it has worked without issues at least once
    • No, it has always worked
  2. 2. Have you ever had any issues with installing game updates?

• Yes, more than 1/4 of my game library I installed an update for
    • Yes, but max 1/4 of my game library I installed an update for
    • No.
  3. 3. Have you ever had any issues with games crashing moments after launch during loading?

• Yes, often
    • Yes, now and then
    • Yes, but max 5 times ever in total
    • No

I ask those of you that haven't tried doing a backup yet to either do so, or not answer the poll.

If you answer, PLEASE STATE WHAT MEMORY CARD MODEL YOU HAVE, preferably with all the numbers on the card.

It is highly valuable if you also give detailed information in this thread. If there was an error message, what it said including error code, or if it just stalled, how long you waited before you gave up or it eventually resolved itself, if your Vita was fresh started or had been on for a while, including standby mode, how many other apps that were running, how fast you clicked to launch the game, how long you've had your Vita and your memory card.

I'm trying to figure out if corrupt data is most related to the memory card or just bad luck and the usual Sony shittyness when it comes to software implementation.

Whenever I have tried doing a full backup of my Vita, the process fails. It never fails at the same place. I get the error code C1-2741-4, the same code people get when data is corrupted. I'm afraid my memory card is faulty, but I'm not sure and try to make it more certain.

It could be because of a corrupt download, as I have learned happens almost every time the Vita goes to sleep mode whilst downloading, or if it is about downloaded but uninstalled updates, which I've had problems with.

I did manage to copy all the games one by one except two games that I just had downloaded but not yet started or even installed the update for. I thought those were somehow causing the trouble, so I deleted them. Tried doing a backup again, but even now it failed.

Every new game I have downloaded and not started in a few days after download, have hanged just moments after launch. And not just once, but many many times. Most of the times I've got an error message and the choice to send an error report, but after a while, it starts to just hang at a blank screen.

After a few retries it eventually starts up and works without problems. But the same thing happens next time I start the game after either using another app that demanded the game to close, another game or having shut down the Vita (not after just closing the game though, there has to be something else in between). After a while, the startup hang becomes less frequent and eventually ceases.

In the same manner I've had problem installing game updates if I didn't do it immediately after download. On one occasion even a regularly used game gave me headaches. I remember I had to wait 30 minutes for an update to Destiny of spirits to fully install.

Edited by Guenter_G

Wow! That sounds like a pain. I've never had a problem with my Vita. Granted I only have done a full backup maybe 3x in the past 3 years. Now I just do individual backups and I've never experienced any problems.

Maybe it's bad luck?

EDIT: I don't want to include the model number for my memory card (16gb), which I've had as long as my Vita. But it's made in Taiwan.

Edited by Edunstar84

I had an issue with a couple of games on one of my memory cards where it would tell me an error has occured almost everytime I started it up, I just reformated the memory card, but i'm only just starting putting some of the games on it that were already there and I do not plan to put to much on that card unless its something I can finish quickly.