Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM 's "bigger on the inside" box of trophies

Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM

Recently got a PS4 and my 25th Plat AND found this cool looking background, so decided it was time to come up with one of these lists. For me one of the best things about trophies is the images themselves and a good looking image is probably more likely to sway me in favour of trying an unknown game than the perceived difficulty of obtaining said trophies, so I'm going to try and include my favourite non-platinum trophy image for each game. Will add more writing to it when I have time/when I can think of or remember something about the games.

a1085x.jpg

Assassin’s Creed II

Not sure what can be said about this game that hasn’t already been said. Such a joy to discover, the idea of collectibles still seemed quite novel at the time so I even enjoyed the feather hunt.

Favourite Trophy image: Let’s be honest, it’s hard to beat that Platinum, but that would kind of defeat the point of this section. There’s a few contenders vying for second spot but I’ll go with “Victory Lies in Preparation”.

51S44e477.png

Skyrim

Like many I poured hundreds of hours into Skyrim and loved just about every minute of it. (Apart from getting so used to the auto-save when fast travelling between locations that I kept forgetting to manual save while exploring the wilderness for several hours before inevitable death)

Favourite Trophy Image: "Taking Sides". I've always liked celtic knots and patterns, so the Skyrim trophy list is great for me. The Platinum is probably the plainest of the lot.

22S2b6af6.png

Iron Sky Invasion

Not really my style of game (flight sim/space combat) I played it because I enjoyed the film. I found the controls frustrating at first but I don't know if it was the game or just my general badness at any type of flying in games, either way I got used to it eventually. There were a couple of funny bits from the world leaders handing out side missions (same actors as from the film) but it was few and far between. No replay value but an easy enough plat.

F.T.I - "For King and Country". My country's flag in a medal of gold. Plus you get it for flying a spaceship called Spitfire.

6S9bbe51.png

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

This was a nice change of pace from the rest of the games I was playing at the time. Occasionally I got frustrated at knowing the answers but struggling to get Sherlock to reach the same conclusions as me because of doing things in the wrong order, but for the most part it was enjoyable.

F.T.I - "The Holmesian". The shape reminds me of the Victoria Cross and it contains the most iconic items associated with Sherlock Holmes. What's not to like? 

9S365ae6.png

Dead to Rights: Retribution

Yes I readily admit it, Shadow was the main reason I wanted to play this game. I was still developing as a gamer so found a few of the Gold difficulty missions challenging, but managed to complete it all before my rental ran out.

F.T.I - Either "Dog's Dinner" or "Got your back"

35Sa9a09a.png   OR 49Sb40123.png

AC Revelations

Must admit the AC games have started blurring into one (I have a terrible memory). I liked the hooks when climbing and the look of Istanbul. I remember enjoying the single player, grinded out the multiplayer within the 3 day multiplayer trial which was less enjoyable but at least not us bad as Brotherhood.

F.T.I - "My Protege". Just something clean and crisp about the image that I like, kind of reminds me of a filmmaker's clapperboard.

45Sfe3500.png

Tomb Raider

Originally wasn't too bothered about the plat on this, didn't really like the look of the image (not a big fan of red) and had had enough of grinding multiplayer between all the AC games. However I really REALLY enjoyed the game, so much so that I just wanted the plat anyway regardless of looks, being able to solo boost the multiplayer levelling system was a great help though. Not sure I would have had the patience to reach level 60 playing with others.

F.T.I - It's between "The Professional" and "Big Game Hunter". 

14S6c594d.png             15Sc54b79.png

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4

To quote the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker: "What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish some of the time". Love a good Lego game, although I'll probably only play ones based around franchises I really enjoyed in their own right. As for the game I really enjoyed it the first time and in free play collecting everything, but one of the Students in Peril glitched on me resulting in the need to start over on a new save file and suddenly it felt less enjoyable because I was HAVING to do things I'd already done. After playing later Lego games I think I prefer ones with voices rather than sounds, I'm not convinced I would have been able to follow what was going on if I didn't know the source material beforehand. On the whole it was a nice fun little break though. Great when you don't want anything too serious.

F.T.I - "Quidditch Team". Not sure if it's the image itself, the fact that I enjoyed the scene it's mimicking from the film, or just that Quidditch was my all time favourite part of the early Harry Potter franchise. (Enjoyed Quidditch World Cup on PS2 as well. Was ACTUALLY a child at that time though)

18Sb96d71.png

2500ytz.jpg 

Mafia II

Really enjoyed the 1940's setting. The cars, the music, the whole look and feel of the game was great. In fact thinking about it makes part of me want to play it again right now! 

F.T.I - "The Enforcer". I mean, just look at it.

34S5884b2.png

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD

I tried playing Splinter Cell as a kid on the Gameboy Advance and couldn't even get past the first mission, so I can honestly say my proudest moment in gaming so far was sitting there in the middle of the night watching 6 trophies pop one after the other including the ones for completing on hardest difficulty and no unscripted kills. The platinum itself was somewhat anti-climatic, having to grind out lockpicking and security camera destructions, but the game itself was very challenging but in an enjoyable rather than frustrating way.

F.T.I - All the trophy images follow a similar layout so there's not a lot in it. Think I'll go with "Echelon Recruit".

6Sa2dabb.png

Lego Lord of the Rings (PS3)

Not sure what to say here. Another Lego game. I enjoyed it.

F.T.I - "I'm Glad to be With You" has a pretty good image 30S9021aa.png    But the best combination of trophy image, title and description HAS to go to "One does not simply..." (walk into Mordor) 41S7895c9.png

AC Brotherhood

Multiplayer sucked most of the joy out of my memory of this game, but I wanted that plat! I had it for the other AC games I'd played, I wanted this one too! It was after this that I decided trophy hunting really wasn't for me and to focus purely on enjoyment. Any further AC franchise plats will be because I enjoyed them or if I've got to a point where only a minimum of grind is required, no more hours of unenjoyment just for a few extra pixels on my profile. Thanks to everyone who boosted with me. I have a vague feeling of having enjoyed parts of the single player but I can't quite remember.

F.T.I - None really stand out above the others in terms of image, so I'll choose "Grand Theft Dressage" for the title 59S18e6a7.png

Infamous

Some of the Stunts and blast shards made this a bit more of a challenge but it was pretty simple and VERY enjoyable. Nothing quite like hovering through a city on your own electric, grinding on rails and beating up bad guys.

F.T.I - There's nothing to go on here, it's the same image for all the bronze trophies and a different one for all the silvers, a third image for the gold and a final one for the plat. Nothing inspiring on that front, but the game itself more than makes up for it.

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Pretty much the same as Years 1-4 but with the story from the second half of the franchise. Trophy images are much more interesting and varied this time round (IMO) but otherwise largely the same game.

F.T.I - "What If?". Come on! A dancing Voldemort with balloons? 41S7cf00f.png  Honorary mention to "Soul Searching" 19S93dfc3.png

The Saboteur 

The Aesthetics on this were great, the lovely film noir look to Occupied Paris giving way to colour when you liberated a zone. Although towards the end there was a bit too much colour everywhere and I found myself missing the transition between styles when driving around. Another game I'd happily play again.

F.T.I - This is a hard one. The trophy list is a really nice one, best I can do is narrow it down to 3 42S286127.png  20Sb43064.png 2S725561.png

Sniper Elite V2

Got the demo of this, played it, immediately ordered a copy online and then replayed the demo mission multiple times while waiting for it to arrive. Love the bullet cam and the more realistic bullet ballistics that made you have to think about a shot before firing rather than merely lining up the cross hairs. 

F.T.I - "Double Dose" 17S489054.png

bgpiyb.jpg

2s7jdp3.jpg

Obviously 2015 still needs a lot more work, good thing there's still plenty time to fill up the spaces.

Edited by Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM
  • Like 3

Recently got a PS4 and my 25th Plat AND found this cool looking background, so decided it was time to come up with one of these lists. For me one of the best things about trophies is the images themselves and a good looking image is probably more likely to sway in favour of trying an unknown game than the perceived difficulty of obtaining said trophies, so I'm going to try and include my favourite non-platinum trophy image for each game. Will add more writing to it when I have time/when I can think of or remember something about the games.

a1085x.jpg

Assassin’s Creed II

Not sure what can be said about this game that hasn’t already been said. Such a joy to discover, the idea of collectibles still seemed quite novel at the time so I even enjoyed the feather hunt.

Favourite Trophy image: Let’s be honest, it’s hard to beat that Platinum, but that would kind of defeat the point of this section. There’s a few contenders vying for second spot but I’ll go with “Victory Lies in Preparation”.

51S44e477.png

Skyrim

Like many I poured hundreds of hours into Skyrim and loved just about every minute of it. (Apart from getting so used to the auto-save when fast travelling between locations that I kept forgetting to manual save while exploring the wilderness for several hours before inevitable death)

Favourite Trophy Image: "Taking Sides". I've always liked celtic knots and patterns, so the Skyrim trophy list is great for me. The Platinum is probably the most plain of the lot.

22S2b6af6.png

Iron Sky Invasion

Not really my style of game (flight sim/space combat) I played it because I enjoyed the film. I found the controls frustrating at first but I don't know if it was the game or just my general crapness at any type of flying in games, either way I got used to it eventually. There were a couple of funny bits from the world leaders handing out side missions (same actors as from the film) but it was few and far between. No replay value but an easy enough plat.

F.T.I - "For King and Country". My country's flag in a medal of gold. Plus you get it for flying a spaceship called Spitfire.

6S9bbe51.png

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

This was a nice change of pace from the rest of the games I was playing at the time. Occasionally I got frustrated at knowing the answers but struggling to get Sherlock to reach the same conclusions as me because of doing things in the wrong order, but for the most part it was enjoyable.

F.T.I - "The Holmesian". The shape reminds me of the Victoria Cross and it contains the most iconic items associated with Sherlock Holmes. What's not to like? 

9S365ae6.png

Dead to Rights: Retribution

Yes I readily admit it, Shadow was the main reason I wanted to play this game. I was still developing as a gamer so found a few of the Gold difficulty missions challenging, but managed to complete it all before my rental ran out.

F.T.I - Either "Dog's Dinner" or "Got your back"

35Sa9a09a.png   OR 49Sb40123.png

2500ytz.jpg 

Mafia II

Really enjoyed the 1940's setting. The cars, the music, the whole look and feel of the game was great. In fact thinking about it makes part of me want to play it again right now! 

F.T.I - "The Enforcer". I mean, just look at it.

34S5884b2.png

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD

I tried playing Splinter Cell as a kid on the Gameboy Advance and couldn't even get past the first mission, so I can honestly say my proudest moment in gaming so far was sitting there in the middle of the night watching 6 trophies pop one after the other including the ones for completing on hardest difficulty and no unscripted kills. The platinum itself was somewhat anti-climatic having to grind out lockpicking and security camera destructions but the game itself was a very challenging but enjoyable rather than frustrating experience.

F.T.I - All the trophy images follow a similar layout so there's not a lot in it. Think I'll go with "Echelon Recruit".

6Sa2dabb.png

bgpiyb.jpg

2s7jdp3.jpg

Obviously 2015 still needs a lot more work, good thing there's still plenty time to fill up the spaces.

Cool way to display your platinums! Keep going on like this!  :)