Did you enjoyed this game?

Edward_FOX_86

So I bought this game out of curiosity and I took a risk. I did not know about it , it was cheap and I went for it.

Is it any good and Worth to plat or play?

I'm kind of reluctant to playing it because I saw gameplay and it is not very pleasant to the eye let's say...

What are your opinions?

Cheers and thanks in advance for your replies

Easy platinum but a pretty forgetable game. It's been almost 5 years since I got the plat and I don't remember much about it. Some of the plats I got before it I remember better than Last Rebellion.

If your looking for a easy plat than go for it. Other than that I wouldn't reccomend it.

Easy and quick platinum. If you use a cheat sheet for the "combo"s, you can make a massive combo which result in massive amount of extra XP. You gain XP dependent on your level compared to your opponent's. Meaning, when you get to a new area, fight some strong enemy and get a massive combo to overlevel in 1-3 fights. Then you don't need to level up/grind and you can just go ahead and do the boss and move onto next area. These combos are basically hitting the enemy's body parts in correct order, and you can save this combo after doing it. Like just repeat the last combo you did to the enemy. If you found a cheat sheet for the combo stuff and it doesn't work, it should be noted that it differs from version to version of the game. I remember I found a NA sheet which didn't work with my EU version of the game. So gotta have a cheat sheet for the combos that matches your version of the game.

There are 8 gold trophies for just beating 4 different extra bosses that are Prinnies and 4 that are these cats or something. These are just extra bosses in a room right next to where you fight last boss. No missable trophies as far as I remember.

The battle system is boring and pretty broken, as described earlier. I didn't even understand some of the status effects, and never had any use for them either. Didn't even understand all of the equipment system etc before the game was over.

The story is pretty crazy. This is not a spoiler IMO as it all happens in the first 5 minutes of the game, but basically, you are adopted by a king who already has a son. You are asked to kill some monster with this other girl you don't like for absolutely no reason. Afterwards you are told by your brother that he has just killed the king (his father) and then kills you. Yes, you die, but you are saved by this, whom allows you to share her body. You act like a spoiled brat to her for it. The rest of the game is spent hunting down your brother.

This stuff about sharing body affects the battle system. Only one of you appear on the screen at a time, and each time it's the other character's turn, the one on screen first gotta disappear for the other one to appear etc. So slow and boring.

The story can be hilarious and you may get some fun out of how broken the battle system is. It's not long, and will probably take you around 8-14 hours or something depending on if you watch the cut scenes and how fast you progress etc.

I actually sold this game for more than I purchased it for. ;p

I will probably plat the game and then Sell it too. I got it really cheap.

• 4 years later...
On 7/27/2015 at 9:38 PM, MMDE said:

I actually sold this game for more than I purchased it for. ;p

Remember how much you sold it for? Think 12.50$ is good. I might grab a copy...

Edited by NERVergoproxy

33 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Remember how much you sold it for? Think 12.50$ is good. I might grab a copy...

I got it new sealed about 7 years ago for 6€... Nowadays probably is more expensive, I guess.. 

Don't really remember it, except that the story could have been expanded quite a bit more or something... 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I got it new sealed about 7 years ago for 6€... Nowadays probably is more expensive, I guess.. 

Don't really remember it, except that the story could have been expanded quite a bit more or something... 

Yeah a Brand New NA copy goes for about $30-$35. haha

Looks to be rare these days.

• 6 months later...

It’s a typical JRPG with lazy combat system which makes it boring. And frequently annoying because the monsters keep spawning and with every step you take you have to fight a group of them. It’s so damn hard to pass them by and almost impossible to escape the fight unless you are over-leveled.

• 7 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 7:54 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

Yeah a Brand New NA copy goes for about $30-$35. haha

Looks to be rare these days.

Yeah... Kinda regret selling it. I only paid like 4-5 bucks for it, and sold it for 12 bucks. :P

I remember at some point I got 5 copies of a game for like 4 bucks and sold each one for 8 a piece. Yes, I was flipping games to my local game store, and I got others to sell copies for me as it would be weird with me going in to the store selling them multiple sealed copies of the same game. ?

I think I even asked for in-store credit, as that would get me more, and then I'd spend 'em on PSN cards.

Edited by MMDE