Will removing the rubber underneath eject button fix PS4 unexpected disk eject and fan noises?

Crespelio-X12

Ok it has happened many times and I'm willing to remove it.

1-It stops reading disks?

2-Stops ejecting disks (probably) but you can remove a disk using the controller?

3-Will this stop my PS4 doing this sound forever?

4-Will it damage the PS4?

5-How do you remove the rubber feet?

Sorry for many questions but it's worrying since I don't want more disk ejecting while enjoying my time to play.

I don't know if your ps4 is still under warranty, but if it is, i would not make such alterations to it, cause it would pretty much void any kind of claim you had to this.

If you can, return it to the store, you can always take it apart later on ;)

I don't know if your ps4 is still under warranty, but if it is, i would not make such alterations to it, cause it would pretty much void any kind of claim you had to this.

If you can, return it to the store, you can always take it apart later on ;)

Unfortunately my PS4 is out of warranty

If the system is getting hot and causing the fan to overwork, which may be tripping the disk tray sensors, removing a little piece of rubber isn't going to help. As I've stated before, this system really shouldn't be laid flat, it should rest on its end like a computer tower with a few inches of clearance on all sides. They make stands for it if you're fine spending a little cash, the cheapest I've found is for $5. I'd rather Sony fixed their piss poor design so you wouldn't need a stand, but I'd rather spend $19 now instead on buying a new system when it finally overheats from laying it flat.

• Like 1

If the system is getting hot and causing the fan to overwork, which may be tripping the disk tray sensors, removing a little piece of rubber isn't going to help. As I've stated before, this system really shouldn't be laid flat, it should rest on its end like a computer tower with a few inches of clearance on all sides. They make stands for it if you're fine spending a little cash, the cheapest I've found is for $5. I'd rather Sony fixed their piss poor design so you wouldn't need a stand, but I'd rather spend $19 now instead on buying a new system when it finally overheats from laying it flat.

I just play 10 minutes and it beeps so no overheating.

Then pry the rubber off for all the good it'll do. Maybe it will fix it, maybe it won't. I really think the issue is with it laying flat.

Never saw anyone recalling that the problems came back since the rubber is ultra sensitive and when the manufacters don't put it well it does this which is a very common problem

Ok so a person from my country message me saying that all electronic warranty in my country are 2 years so might as well send it for Sony for free. Will it send to Sony fix it forever avoiding more stupid problems like this?

The Eject bug isint a hardware or firmware bug.

It is improper placement of the system on carpet or fibre. And or just dust and hair.

Clean your system and make sure the rear end is exposed to open air.

Also the PS4 is just plain Loud. Get used to the fan noise.